Have You Ever Embarrassed Yourself At Disney

jamieandben

<font color=red>Thinks his chicken is smack your m
I'am a clumsy person in everyday life, so when i go to disney with all the pixey dust in the air i get a little more dumber and i tend to embarrassed myself... ALOT!
share some of your most embarrassing moments at disney. I hope there is someone out there who has and i'am not alone.

like TOT CM tells me top roll left and i go top roll right and i here the voice of the cm say your other left.
or walking down main street and i trip over the tracks.( I do it everytime).
Or walk into a polls because i see something Sorcerer mickey in a window.

Not at Disney (yet) but I am the clumsiest person I know, for example, I fell over in the middle of a cross walk in New York, thought I was going to get squished when the lights started to change as I was picking myself up!

Two years ago I fell down the stairs resulting in a huge black bruise on my behind and a lump that is still there (very attractive). Last Sunday night I did it again, result, huge bruise and a lump on the other cheek! DP thinks it's hilarious!

Well, while I wasn't *at* WDW, I was on the phone with them!!!

This is terrible. I was on the phone with WDW trying to get in to Paula Deen's class at the Food & Wine Festival for our 2004 honeymoon, when the CM asked me a question, and I told her to hold on, I had the paperwork downstairs.. So I am going down the stairs and I slipped and completely knocked the wind out of myself when I hit my back.. I started GASPING for air, couldn't get any, dropped the phone down the stairs. My husband came running in a panick, and I was trying to talk but couldn't at all, so I was trying to MIME to him that I was going to pass out. Then I did. As soon as I came too, I looked my VERY panicked husband in the face, and said, "The phone.... Disney is on the phone...." :lmao: It's all I could croak out... The poor CM heard the whole thing and was scared to death. :rotfl2: AND, I didn't even get in to see Paula Deen. AFter all that.

Anyway- had to go to the hospital, couldn't walk for a couple of days... I'm a mess. :woohoo:

Last January I hopped out of the Town Car, gathered up as much luggage as I could, and ran inside Pop. DH was taking FOREVER!! I could not figure out why he was taking such a LONG time to come in the lobby! I finally got totally exasperated and went outside to find him.

I gave the driver an envelope with his tip, but I neglected to pay for the actual service. The driver was standing there with the $10 telling DH we still owed like another $100. DH had that "deer in the headlights" look because I made all of the arrangements. Oops. :blush: I paid the driver the rest of what we owed him. And that same very lovely driver came back to pick us up when it was time to go home, so I got to see him again!

IlluminationsUK said:
Stairs should be banned! :rotfl2:

OMG- I totally agree. Especially since that isn't the first time I have fallen down stairs, passed out, and ended up in the hospital... :rotfl:

I am SO lame.

Once - on our honeymoon, we were at Pleasure Island very early in evening. Well, I am the type that can't drink a glass of water without the water going down wrong and starting a coughing fit...so, of course walking and drinking can be a challenge! :rotfl: This night I had just taken the first sip or two of my drink as we are walking around checking out PI..so I start coughing and choking so bad - and this is soooo embarassing, but it was so bad that I actually threw up a little in the bushes. A nice lady was next to us and walked me into the ladies room ..I just kept apologizing and saying "I'm not drunk..this is my first drink". Luckily, she believed me, but it was horrible to have to throw up in public like that.

Once, at Universal, I was reading a guide map and walked right into a post! Nope, I am not too graceful!!!

:wizard:

pansmermaidzlagoon said:
Once - on our honeymoon, we were at Pleasure Island very early in evening. Well, I am the type that can't drink a glass of water without the water going down wrong and starting a coughing fit...so, of course walking and drinking can be a challenge! :rotfl: This night I had just taken the first sip or two of my drink as we are walking around checking out PI..so I start coughing and choking so bad - and this is soooo embarassing, but it was so bad that I actually threw up a little in the bushes. A nice lady was next to us and walked me into the ladies room ..I just kept apologizing and saying "I'm not drunk..this is my first drink". Luckily, she believed me, but it was horrible to have to throw up in public like that.

Once, at Universal, I was reading a guide map and walked right into a post! Nope, I am not too graceful!!!

:drinking1 Ha haha ha !!!! That was soo funny, and I can't walk and drink either,so I get it... :rotfl2: Ah, that was good.

Becky:

thanks!!!! :sunny:

..and thank you for the :cheer2: over at the "tolerant to g/l" thread - want you to know I appreciated your comments there as well!!!! :)

IlluminationsUK said:
Stairs should be banned! :rotfl2:

I couldn't agree more. I fell down some stairs once but it was not at Disney and it wasn't pretty. Lets just say that when I got to the bottom of the stairs in my dress, the twins were out and everyone knew I wore matching panties. Yep, stairs should be banned.

hi
yes i fainted coming off back stage tour. don't know why, just went out like a light. was fine after a cup of tea!!

My gf probably wouldn't like me relaying this story, BUT.... she had one too many beers at Pleasure Island, and we were in Mannequins. You guessed it, when trying to hop aboard the revolving dance floor, she took a step and down she went! I'm surprised it wasn't me, because I'm the clutziest person ever.

Ok, lurker and CSP here. I figured I would add a couple of my little stories. First one, DH and I were at PI with a couple of friends for our anniversary. Dh had been drinking most of the night,a nd to say the least he is a bit of a light weight when it comes to drinking. We went into Mannequins (sp?) and as we were getting off the revolving dance floor he busted his butt. I never laughed so hard in my life, and to say the least he wasn't too thrilled with me.

Second one, we were at Magic Kingdom during Gay Days. Now I KNEW we were going to be at the Magic Kingdom that Saturday and I KNEW that Gay Days were going on, but for some reason my brain wasn't working quite so well that morning. So I get up and put on a pair of white shorts, and my red tank top that has the snow queen on it, says "I'm no Princess". As soon as we walk into the park DH looks at me and says, "O" boy you're gonna be trouble today aren't you?!" Oh well, too late to change it now. So we spend the entire day visiting the park and having fun, had tons of great conversations with people all day. I think the shirt helped start quite a few of those to be honest. I didn't mind though, whenever it came up I just explained that no I was straight, I was just not thinking when I got dressed that morning. Then as we were leaving through Liberty Square some idiot in a stroller decides to push the wheel of his little umbrella stroller under my feet. I definately gave staying up a try but couldn't. I fell right on my tush, on the wet ground, in my white shorts. As I was falling I realized "SH*T" just came flying outta my mouth as loud as possible. All of a sudden I was surrounded by a hoard of people in red shirts picking me up off the ground and making sure I was ok. Then someone noticed that the butt of my lovely white shorts were now see thru, and everyone could see my lovely little thong. Let me tell you I couldn't get outta the Magic Kingdom faster if I tried!! :blush:

So there's my embarassing falling at WDW story. I don't think Dh will ever let me live that one down.

Dana

A few years ago I took my 40 year old niece (lesbian) with me (her gay uncle) to Disney for a week of fun at the parks and waterparks.

My Niece was wearing a beautiful Golden African Style Dress she wore one day, in order to look nicely attired for dinner later that night at Boma's at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

While on the Tower of Terror, when it only had a Bar that went across the seat, her dress flew up OVER her body and she was yelling "Uncle Phil !" trying to keep it down.

Uncle Phil just laughed and laughed and laughed. She was embarassed, but I just wished I had taken a movie picture of the scene.

Later at night, my niece decided to wash the same golden dress with the
Disney Vacation Club's white bathroom towels and I had to show housekeeping their new set of Yellow Towels that resulted when the dress colors ran. No amount of bleach would undo the damage, but housekeeping
was quite gratious with the problem.

My most embarassing moment was having to pull my swim trunks up quickly at Typhoon Lagoon when a big wave almost made a Non Disney Moment.
You can never tie your bathing trunks too tight there !

PennyW said:
My gf probably wouldn't like me relaying this story, BUT.... she had one too many beers at Pleasure Island, and we were in Mannequins. You guessed it, when trying to hop aboard the revolving dance floor, she took a step and down she went! I'm surprised it wasn't me, because I'm the clutziest person ever.

I'm embarrassed to say that I love to sit at Mannequins and just watch people as they try to get on the dance floor.

But I will admit that after one too many drinks I got on the dance floor one night, with drink in hand, and if it wasn't because of some tiny poor girl, I would have also ended up on the floor. She was not to thrilled with me.

Fear not. The drink was fine.

I didn't do this at WDW, but when you read it, you will feel VERY graceful.

I have noise cancelling earbuds for my Ipods that fit into your ear canal. Last Thursday, I removed my earbuds and the silicone "bud" got stuck in my ear. I couldn't get it out. I had to go to my doctor and ask her to remove it. :rolleyes:

There, don't you feel better?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter