Have you ever....? Looking for advice

I laughed when I read your comment, because it really goes to show how 2 people can see the same situation differently. Reading this discussion, I was thinking, "That sounds stressful."

Lol to be clear the fun part to me was the b2b - the driving from Miami to PC does sound ... less fun!

Rush Hour traffic in south Florida can be a nightmare, I drive it every day :) Definitely avoid i95 in Miami, taking the turnpike up to about Ft. Pierce and crossing over should help avoid the major traffic jams. I would do the earliest time walking off the ship with luggage to get out really quickly onto the road. I'm not sure how long it takes to rent a car, but it might be easier to rent one before your Miami cruise so it's there waiting for you when you get off the ship and you can start driving right away. It'll take you around 4 hours to get up there. I would also definitely get trip insurance. there could be unseen delays. It sounds really fun though, have a great cruise(s).

Lol to be clear the fun part to me was the b2b - the driving from Miami to PC does sound ... less fun!
I knew what you meant. I meant the whole experience sounded stressful. Having to drive between ports would negate the fun of the B2B for me and then some.

I'm with PP... rent a car before your 5 day, park it at the port. Get off the Magic and drive away. Park at Port Canaveral, too, so you don't waste time with a rental return. My reasoning is that it's only a 3 day cruise. The Dream is bigger than the Magic and you'll want as much time as you can get on it to explore and enjoy the ship. Since you'll be arriving, at best in the afternoon, so others will have a few hours to have gotten settled before you even arrive. The parking and the rental will be more costly (the rental could be fine if you watch for deals, as you'll have it for at least a week), but given what you are trying to do, I think it will take a lot of stress off an already stressful day.

Are you going to still do 3 days in WDW or at least one before returning home?

Imo the best (though more expensive) option would be to have a rented car already waiting for you in the parking lot at the port. Disembark asap (7-8am), then drive to the other port, and park the rental car there, as well.

The drive, in terms of length, sounds quite doable if you disembark asap and don't care about boarding early. It doesn't even sound particularly stressful to me- it's just a drive as long as you already have the car & also don't plan to go anywhere else to drop it off. But I would be very concerned about the added time & stress that renting and/or returning a rental car could take.

Wow, that sounds really stressful to me. To each his own, of course, but I wouldn't want the stress of knowing I need to be at PC by a certain time when just about anything could go wrong and that drive is so long. I, personally, would prefer a leisurely disembarkation and a leisurely drive up to WDW knowing I could arrive at any time and not be stressed out.

I'm with PP... rent a car before your 5 day, park it at the port. Get off the Magic and drive away. Park at Port Canaveral, too, so you don't waste time with a rental return. My reasoning is that it's only a 3 day cruise. The Dream is bigger than the Magic and you'll want as much time as you can get on it to explore and enjoy the ship. Since you'll be arriving, at best in the afternoon, so others will have a few hours to have gotten settled before you even arrive. The parking and the rental will be more costly (the rental could be fine if you watch for deals, as you'll have it for at least a week), but given what you are trying to do, I think it will take a lot of stress off an already stressful day.

Are you going to still do 3 days in WDW or at least one before returning home?
Thank you!
If we decide to take the 3 days cruise, we would only be going to WDW for one day before returning home.
We will definitely park at both ports

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter