Have you made anything from a Disney restaurant during quarantine?

mickeymom22

DIS Veteran
I am currently baking an Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake for my daughter's birthday. It is supposedly the recipe they used at Liberty Tree Tavern. We haven't ever eaten there, but this cake sounded yummy!

P.S. It is really making the kitchen smell wonderful right now! :-)

I am currently baking an Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake for my daughter's birthday. It is supposedly the recipe they used at Liberty Tree Tavern. We haven't ever eaten there, but this cake sounded yummy!

P.S. It is really making the kitchen smell wonderful right now! :-)
Any possibility you might have a way to share some of that with your fellow Disney lovers?! Sounds amazing.

We were supposed to be in Disneyland in April. So we pulled a bunch of recipes and did one a day. We made:
-Hand dipped corndogs
-Monte Cristo’s
-The Kitchen Sink
-Ohana wings, noodles, steak with peanut dipping sauce and lime salad dressing. Complete with the famous bread pudding.
-Plaza fried chicken
-and we set up a Peco’s Bill topping bar for taco night 😂

Would love the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake recipe! And cocktails!

I attempted to make the 3 cheese grilled cheese sandwich from Woody's Lunch Box. It was meh, not great, not bad not making it any time soon.

Any possibility you might have a way to share some of that with your fellow Disney lovers?! Sounds amazing.
Two things:

1.) Inspired by Casey's - Hotdog (albeit, not a footlong) smothered in Pulled Pork & topped with a mound of Cole Slaw (I sometimes include/substitute avocado & chipotle mayo),

2.) A box of Mickey Bars. I start with the ears - BECAUSE THE EARS TASTE BETTER!

We made disney mint juleps, no regrets :)

My partner and I don't really drink, so it was a perfect option for us, especially as the summer arrives and the mint plants start growing!

Citron Slushie (vodka, lemonade, grated lemon rind, ice - blend) and Tipsy Ducks In Love (coffee, bourbon, cream, chocolate syrup - blend). Not quite the same but pretty close.

Citron Slushie (vodka, lemonade, grated lemon rind, ice - blend) and Tipsy Ducks In Love (coffee, bourbon, cream, chocolate syrup - blend). Not quite the same but pretty close.

Omg. Why did it not cross my mind to make the grey goose slush at home?! Do you have a recipe with the amounts you used?

This is the biggest take away from all of this. Disney has always been the pinnacle of service, and whats going on doesnt support that at all
Omg. Why did it not cross my mind to make the grey goose slush at home?! Do you have a recipe with the amounts you used?
Haha, I pretty much eyeballed it, but I think it was:
1 cup vodka
2.5 cups lemonade
about 1tbsp grated rind (used a microplane)
filled 64oz blender about 3/4 full with ice (including ingredients)
This made 4 slushies. If you close your eyes, you're almost there :)

Haha, I pretty much eyeballed it, but I think it was:
1 cup vodka
2.5 cups lemonade
about 1tbsp grated rind (used a microplane)
filled 64oz blender about 3/4 full with ice (including ingredients)
This made 4 slushies. If you close your eyes, you're almost there :)

Thanks! Once I get my hands on some lemons and lemonade it’s on :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!