Have you rented a car and driven down??

grover

DIS Veteran
Just playing around trying to figure out the most economical way to get our family of 3 down to WDW. So far the cheapest has been to drive to MSP and fly from there--total cost about 1000.00 Canadian for airfare,1 nights hotel,gas and meals. Do you think we could it for less by renting a car here in Wpg and driving all the way? I guess we would need the car for 15 /16 days. What do you think?? I am also thinking we may have tons of stuff with us so car may be good option. Give me thoughts!!
Grover in Winnipeg
:cool:

I say fly. A rental for 2 weeks, hotel and food on the way down, gas and time wasted would not be worth the marginal savings you might see. As for bringing other stuff with you we shoved alot of food into a suitcase then used that empty suitcase for souvineers on the return trip.

We considered the same thing for the next trip and we are leaning towards flying again. If we rented her, we would probably drive to Florida over two days and one night, three days and two nights on the trip home. The cost of rental, gas, extra time off work, hotels, meals actually cost more than the four of us flying and renting a car in Florida. S

WE are driving down from Nova Scotia in 12 days. It was going to cost $3000 for airfare (for 4 of us) from here and then a car rental for 2 weeks was going to be significantly more than using our van to drive down. We're figuring about $800 for gas return plus a few night hotels. STill cheaper than the flights and rental.
Good luck with your plans and have fun on your vacation:D
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter