Having trouble reaching the site?

robertgp124

DIS Addict
I have been having a devil of a time reaching the site all weekend. None of my bookmarks worked, and the only way I was able to get here was by googling Dreams Unlimited or DisBoards and following the google links. I finally came up with the solution of clearing the DNS cache. From a terminal window on leopard, the command is: dscacheutil -flushcache, and pre-Leopard the command is: lookupd -flushcache.

I have no idea why the bad record wasn't simply purged, and maybe this is something peculiar to Leopard, but if anyone else is having trouble, try this.

In Windows, the command would be ipconfig /flushdns (type it on the run line or from a command prompt).

Having done this, the site now BLAZES.

This may have been related to the server upgrade- but it was partially on my end. The name wasn't resolving correctly to the IP address as near as I could tell. Purging the IP table on my end seemed to immediately remedy the problem this evening.

We didn't notice any problem at all. It was most likely something confined to your computer or ISP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter