Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

Chase was the one that took me two days and 6 hours - but super nice and helpful. The airlines - American over an hour each time I called - Delta - 11 mins. Citi Card - over an hour - but helpful. David's Rental = not answering their phones and standard non answer of questions e-mail - they are not dealing with anything except FL and CA and only March - and by the sound of thread going - they are not dealing with that either - it is getting very ugly - if you rented from David - proceed with caution - you may want to read some of the thread - it is over 100 pages - but by the sound of it - other agencies are having some issues too - just not as nasty going as David's. This whole thing is such a nightmare and it should not be this way - and I am talking - Airfare / Hotels / Cruise - etc - people are dying - losing their jobs - losing their houses - etc - 6.6 Million filed for unemployment last week - No one needs the added stress of trying to get back their money that they may Now Need so badly - The World has changed like it or Not - Where you were a month ago and how things were it NOT where you are Now - so to have to go to battle to obtain your deposits back - to obtain your groceries etc - is becoming too much!
Rant over
I'm so sorry you are having to do this = We are all in this Boat - It is NOT the boat we wanted - I do hope things improve soon and I hope soon is SOON!!!

I will say I find it joyful that we are all still chatting - it lifts my spirits to be connected with you all - I wish you all good health = and remember = WASH YOUR HAND = and for God's Sake - DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE!!
Peace! my Fellow Cruise Peeps!

Reactions: NAB
I have a great husband who did all the travel plans and reservations and now in reverse.

He is one of the lucky ones that still has a job unlike so many these days. Lucky that we don’t have to worry about money but do have to worry about him going out everyday into this mess.

People still don’t get it stay your distance. Had to go out for groceries today and can’t tell you how many times I had to say to someone can you give me space. The store even has tape and stuff on the floor to help but no one listens. So happy to be back home now without milk but what can you do the lady said the truck hasn’t come in yet.

Our premier is going to give out numbers today on how dire it is in our province. I’m close to Toronto ,Ontario Canada. You would have to live under a rock not to know by now.

The weather has been really nice the last few days, birds are singing. Lifts the spirits a bit.

Planning on taking a refund once its cancelled. I don't want a credit as I'm not interested in loosing money on a shorter cruise or spending more for a Europe, Panama or TA cruise. Waiting to cancel hotel, etc until cruise is officially cancelled, not because I think it will happen but just because I don't want to deal with it lol

Hmm... I thought I had commented that Air Canada cancelled our flight to Hawaii last night. But I don't see it anywhere. They are giving us 24 months to use the credit. I am so relieved and really appreciate the 24 months over 12 or 15. I had been thinking that we'd be forced to do something in Feb next year but I guess I don't have to now. Pretty sure I will wait for the Disney cancellation now and not take a credit. There wouldn't be a proper way to use that credit.

With any luck, they'll do a new Hawaii in 2022. We'll be in! If they did late 2021 I might be in.

Reactions: NAB

Well thank God I got my luggage tags today I’ve been so worried about those - makes me want to cry if I wasn’t so mad !!

When this is all over I’m burning everything in the fire pit as a soul cleaning
Let It Go.,,,it still will have a Disney Theme!!

I know it doesn’t mean much, but as someone not booked I am straight up dismayed Disney hasn’t done the right thing for you folks.

The US border is essentially closed. There are mandatory quarantines in Hawaii. The port of departure is closed. The ship had confirmed cases of Coronavirus on recent sailings and the crew needs to be quarantined and the ship cleaned.

Disney!!! We are watching these folks, this is not okay. Get your head out of the sand and apologize. This is terrible PR. You are one of the most expensive, this kind of customer service isn’t okay.

Last edited:
Husband just sent me a news article...38 crew members on the Wonder have the virus...scary

5 sent to hospital.

I must commend Disney on handling this so well. Other cruise lines are issuing future cruise credits but they are taking MONTHS to show up and be usable. Disney took a bit longer to cancel our cruise but the credits are there right now to use today if you wish. Disney really is treating their guests the best they can. It's a trying time for everyone, but I commend them on making this process as easy as it could have been. (Yes, they could have announced these things sooner, I don't disagree there. Considering everything, they're treating us better than most other cruise lines are handling their guests, which is what I would expect from Disney.)

Rebooked Star Wars Day At Sea February 20-27 on The Fantasy, with a whole lot of extra on board credit to spend. Hope everything is better by then.

On the phone with Costco and DCL now to rebook Fantasy 1/9/21 SWDAS Eastern Caribbean. With the extra cruise credit, we were able to prepay gratuities, insurance, bus transfers, and one night at the Hyatt MCO, with a bit leftover for on board credit. I also hope everything is better by then!

Edited to add: we went from a 9A oceanview to a 4A family stateroom verandah

I’m requesting full refund could not convince DH to do Iceland in July which is the one cruise I wanted - because of the mess with Dave’s rental - we rented out our points to pay for this cruise so I have no idea for the two rentals I have left if Disney will be open if the rentals wish to rebook or if I will need to refund or what ?? It’s a hot mess to say the least !
I couldn’t be sadder if I tried - I have 3 credit card disputes going on this trip and 4 nightmares with Dave’s rentals and a DH who has sworn off vacations for the foreseeable future!
I wish you all the best of luck and the best of health!
I have immensely enjoyed chatting with you all and do hope we can continue to chat
I do intend to post my recipe on our thread and I hope those of you in the group do to.
Maybe when all this settles Disney will do a Hawaii cruise and we can all sail together !! 😎

Yes, 33 cast members on board have tested positive. All of the cast members are currently being held on board the Wonder. Please remember them in your prayers.

Well we received our luggage tags this last Saturday and our letter/email today from Disney officially canceling our Cruise. What a sad day. The group of people on this Cruise was looking to be a fun and welcoming group. Hopefully we will see some of you on future cruises. Take care and God bless you all. Stay safe and keep well.

I read 38 even still it’s horrible !! The numbers for this country or any other are scary !! China opened up today and the mass crowds everywhere looked frightening ! I wonder if they will have another round of this ? i sure hope not!! I really wish we could get more positive news like the number who recovered ! We need uplifting news people are really freaking out by me

I really can’t express how sad I am not to cruise with you all I’ve never looked forward to a cruise more than this one ! I really thought this was going to be an epic vacation with so many of us at Aulani ore cruise and having chatted for so long we were in for a wonderful time ! I really feel like I’m losing friends !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!