Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

We originally booked via Disney direct but since moved it to a TA. It's really unnerving how Disney's website shows the payment status section when you are with a TA.

Quote:
Contact Your Travel Professional
To ensure that your reservation is not canceled, please contact your travel professional to make a payment in full on your stateroom(s).
Unquote

while we were direct to Disney it showed the deposit and how much was outstanding. I understand that when it's with a TA that the money situation is different. But it feels like they could give me a little warmer/fuzzier message that everything is OK and I don't need to pay in full until 2020.

As a travel professional, I agree that they should have both statements on the consumer page. However, some travel professionals add markup on their cruises, in addition to what Disney pays them, so they might not want you seeing that the actual cost of the cruise is lower than what they tell you. I don't agree with that practice, but I know it happens often. DCL could use some re-wording to their statement, though, definitely!

Also, for the candy exchange, what @WDWEPCOT suggests reminds me of the Teal Pumpkin Project. We hand out toys and fun items that aren't food on Hallowe'en night at our house, as do many people around the world, to be inclusive of kids who cannot have or don't want candy for whatever reason: allergies, celiac, diabetes, lifestyle preference, likes/dislikes, etc. This year we have kitty cat ear headbands, glow sticks, stickers, pencils, fake spiders, etc. Always fun! I encourage all of you to read about it and participate if it's not too late: https://www.foodallergy.org/education-awareness/teal-pumpkin-project

As much as I like to think we'd get non-food treats, people forget or don't pay attention and we always end up with things I'm allergic to in the FE, even when we request no food, so it's safer to opt out. It's ok, but I appreciate the thought!

The only port we haven't been to on this cruise is Nawiliwili -- and I'm super excited to visit Kauai!

Welcome To Our Fun Cruise! I will add you to our Roll Call. Please let me know if you are interested in joining any of the Activities we have listed on the first page of this thread.

Thought I had looked up and joined this group a while back. We booked the first day. It will be DH and I, celebrating our 39th anniversary. It will also be our first plat cruise. Looking forward to seeing more of Hawaii than we saw when we went for our 35th anniversary and stayed at Aulani.

Just some clarification please, are all the sign ups you are running here separate and apart from those in the FB group?

Welcome to our Thread!
Our list are strictly DISBOARD - We do not have any ties to FB. Please let me know if you would like to join any of the activities we currently have going.
Look forward to planning with you and I will add you to the Roll Call.

Attention
So peeps are getting their room numbers - check your reservations - peeps are getting option to change rooms \ some 7A are open BUT only to peeps booked on cruise / you or if booked under Travel Agent will need to make the change if you want yo upgrade
I believe ( I could be wrong ) if you just want to move your room you can do that yourself if not contact your Travel Agent
She did tell me a category 4 was open too
I went from port hole to 7A and hope to get to category 5 before we sail
GOOD LUCK!!!

Woohoo! We have a cabin number already but may try to upgrade if there are any 10A or 9A rooms available.

Woohoo! We have a cabin number already but may try to upgrade if there are any 10A or 9A rooms available.

I've been looking 2 times a day since I saw this but we don't have our room assigned yet. It's killing me. I can't wait a year to find out. I've no idea why it matters, but it seems to.

The only reason I got a room number is because I changed categories otherwise I wouldn’t have one yet either.

I would think Disney could roll out room numbers peeps want to know where they are at but they may wait to see who drops after the next round of cruises are released.

Then the mass room shifting can begin and peeps can book who couldn’t before. I really feel sorry for the TA having to deal with all of this. I wish there was a better way but darn if I know what it could be

As this cruise is rumoured to be (and likely) oversold, I doubt room assignments will be given until after final payment, unless there are plenty of cancellations through the next few months.

TAs will get emails from the cruise line asking clients to switch rooms, upgrade, or even take another cruise to help fit passengers onto an oversold or unevenly booked sailing.

I've never been so thankful to have a room number before -- and we don't care much about which room we get. I wish I worked for DCL and could grant room numbers to everyone.

As this cruise is rumoured to be (and likely) oversold, I doubt room assignments will be given until after final payment, unless there are plenty of cancellations through the next few months.

Oversold, eh? That might make me nervous in GTY room, but I have to believe there won't be any challenge getting free space as people jump ship or just can't go anymore.

I was picturing that they'd sold out the ship nice and tidy and were therefore getting ahead of the game and assigning people rooms. And of course since I'm such a loyal cruiser with no pixie dust in 5 cruises that I'd be getting an awesome upgrade where I'll be sipping champagne and waving at all the nice folks from my big balcony as we sail away. :)

We've only had an upgrade once in over 16 cruises (across various cruise lines) - it was on our first Disney cruise, and such a nice treat.

I'm not sure Disney was entirely prepared for how fast the two Hawaii cruises sold.

Hello! Late to find this thread, wife & I will be on board. Our GTY Cat 09D booking was assigned a room a couple weeks ago. We barely made it when the Silver window opened so just happy to be confirmed even if it is Deck 1. This will be our first trip to Hawaii.

Last edited:
We've only had an upgrade once in over 16 cruises (across various cruise lines) - it was on our first Disney cruise, and such a nice treat.

Our only pixie dust was our first too. But we haven't been GTY since.

Hello! Late to find this thread, wife & I will be on board. Our GTY Cat 09D booking was assigned a room a couple weeks ago, #1060. We barely made it when the Silver window opened so just happy to be confirmed even if it is Deck 1. This will be our first trip to Hawaii.

Welcome! It's our first trip to Hawaii too. We're pretty excited. Our very tentative plan is spent a few days in advance on O'ahu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter