Hawaii false missile alarm

Actually, I do know Oahu resident families who were at home and carried on doing what they were doing. One friend put on a movie her kids loved to watch, hugged them, and sat calmly in the living room. I've heard a lot of parents say that did/would do the same thing. Some entire families went outside to see what they could see. I've only lived two places in my life. Here and the DC area. People in Hawaii tend to have this sense of acceptance that is much deeper than I realized at first. Not all, of course, but way more than the DC area. I can see lots of residents ready to fight for survival, but I can see a lot simply being at peace with whatever happens - and that includes entire families with old people and kids.

In terms of putting gas in the car, we have to take into account that Hawaii is a small island chain in the middle of nowhere. It makes sense on the mainland, but as the kids in my neighborhood say, "Where you go?". We can only travel so far here. Even Oahu, with the largest population, has limited roads anyway. If a blast takes a part of the highway out, everyone is trapped in the city.
In regards to gas I was speaking of what we did after 9/11. I realize every situation is different and that is why having a plan is important. In the World we live in being prepared may not save you, but may give you options if you do survive a catastrophic event. Hopefully none of us have to deal with another attack. I am far from an expert on. I had the pleasure of visiting Oahu and Maui this past year and do have a limited understanding of the limitations. God forbid there was some form of attack, terror or otherwise having a plan can help.

Puerto Rico does have electricity. In some areas its not available all day. In other areas its as if nothing happened.

I read an article this week saying that on 63% of Puerto Rican residents have had power restored. I have no doubt the tourist areas/cruise ship terminals look ok, but I don’t think anyone can say “Puerto Rico does have electricity” unless you actually mean that 2/5 being still in blackout is ok.

I read an article this week saying that on 63% of Puerto Rican residents have had power restored. I have no doubt the tourist areas/cruise ship terminals look ok, but I don’t think anyone can say “Puerto Rico does have electricity” unless you actually mean that 2/5 being still in blackout is ok.
I guess we look at it differently (which is certainly OK) but to me this says that yes, Puerto Rico does have electricity. Just not everywhere.

The 60% mark was just reach this month. During the week of Christmas it was at 50%

I guess we look at it differently (which is certainly OK) but to me this says that yes, Puerto Rico does have electricity. Just not everywhere.

It definitely is a different way to look at it. On Christmas day barely half the island had electricity, and I'm talking about sporadic power I mean nothing at all. I really think a lot of people are clueless as to whats been going on down in PR outside of a very small area where the cameras are.

I've got a lot of friends who are making a ton of money doing contractor work, as in security work with guns, in PR right now and making almost as much as the mideast contracts. Once you get outside of the tourist area it's really bad. Imagine it, up until 2 weeks ago half the people in PR (which is way more than half the country land mass wise) have been without power for months on end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!