Hawaiian Clothing

I first visited Hawaii in the 80s. I was surprised to find out from a local friend that a Hawaiian print shirt should be made with the wrong side of the fabric facing out which made for a much more subtle coloring than the "hawaiian" shirts we got on the mainland.

Another surprise for us was that dressier restaurants required either a blazer for men or a Hawaiian shirt. They were equivalent.

IMG_1966.JPG I get my shirts from jadefashion.com. They make them in Hawaii. I'm a large guy who wears a 7xl shirt and they have them in my side. They have a shop you can look In and buy. Here is their business card. When we went in January my father and I came back with 30 shirts.

IMG_1967.JPG IMG_1968.JPG IMG_1969.JPG IMG_1970.JPG Here is also some of the shirt designs. One of only place I can find a 7xl to fit me. They do awesome work. If you go by the store tell them Larry from Washington state sent you

Check out manuhealii.com also. They have some nice prints there and you can get matching family attire there. Also check out Sears when you get here if you'd like matching ones.. As mentioned above, you can find Aloha shirts at Costco, not to far from Aulani for about $20 each.

View attachment 219126 I get my shirts from jadefashion.com. They make them in Hawaii. I'm a large guy who wears a 7xl shirt and they have them in my side. They have a shop you can look In and buy. Here is their business card. When we went in January my father and I came back with 30 shirts.

If anybody is thinking of visiting this shop, you may as well stop by the original Liliha Bakery that's just up the street and to the left on North Kuakini Street. Make a trip out of it! Sit at the diner counter, enjoy some butter rolls before your meal, and coco puffs for dessert.

check out Maunhealii.com. They are a local company and have some really nice prints. Sometimes you can find for the whole family

On one of our trips, my DW had me finding and going to some fabric shops.
There were shops near Ala Moana that I recall. If you can sew or know someone, you may have another option for some custom attire.
Do a quick search and a bunch will pop up.

Garage sale find of the year was a Reyn shirt in a print I love and my size for $2. I wear some aloha shirts regularly in California, especially in summer, so I buy one or two nicer ones for each visit.

Garage sale find of the year was a Reyn shirt in a print I love and my size for $2. I wear some aloha shirts regularly in California, especially in summer, so I buy one or two nicer ones for each visit.

Oh WOW-if it is vintage it could be worth big bucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!