HDDR and CRT questions re credit card

emmabemmainc

DIS Veteran
I'm so sorry--I am sure this has been asked a million times--my day to make adrs is tomorrow--and I have the DxDDP attached to my reservation. I know that you are required to give your cc to hold some ressies (CG, and a few others)--but I also wanted to book HDDR and CRT.

Will they charge my credit card or just use it for a hold like the other restaurants? Should I call and schedule those instead of doing it online?

Thank you! :)

If you are booked on the DDP and have it linked they will just do the CC for a hold in case you don't show up.

WDWO

Did this ourselves last week and apparently there is a glitch in the system which hardly ever recognised cc guarantee instead of up front payment. More than one CM has confirmed this and said it is best to phone these ADRs through not book online.

Did this ourselves last week and apparently there is a glitch in the system which hardly ever recognised cc guarantee instead of up front payment. More than one CM has confirmed this and said it is best to phone these ADRs through not book online.

Must be a recent glitch as I just booked CRT about two weeks ago with no problem.

WDWO

Must be a recent glitch as I just booked CRT about two weeks ago with no problem.

WDWO

Quite possibly but both the CMs I spoke too said it happened regularly as did many others on these boards when I asked while panicking :)

Sadly because the refund will come through to my UK credit card which will have to debit the money transferring from dollars to sterling and back at a different rate crediting sterling to dollars plus handling fee the fact that I wasn't aware of this has cost me about $90!! :confused:

Willl be making the international call for these next time.

I booked HDDR online also. I had no trouble with my credit card getting charged. Just make sure the balance says 0. With HDDR, you can upgrade to the Cat. 1 seating but then you get charged for it, as it's not covered on the DDP or DxDP.

I booked Hoop Dee several weeks ago for our Sept. trip and my CC was charged the full amount. Now we're booked with FD. For our party of 4 I plan to use 4TS credits for 2 people and pay OOP for the other 2 people. If I call Disney will they refund my credit card in full but use it to hold the ressie and then charge for the 2 people on the day we go?

Quite possibly but both the CMs I spoke too said it happened regularly as did many others on these boards when I asked while panicking :)

Sadly because the refund will come through to my UK credit card which will have to debit the money transferring from dollars to sterling and back at a different rate crediting sterling to dollars plus handling fee the fact that I wasn't aware of this has cost me about $90!! :confused:

Willl be making the international call for these next time.

You just need to contact Disney - do it through email so as not to incur long distance charges - and they will credit you by a gift card or a credit waiting on your account when you check in. This has happened 2x for us with CRT, and both times, I incurred exhange overcharges, and they credited me back with a gift card and a credit waiting for me.

I made a ressie for CRT last month, and no issues online, as well as this month for our upcoming July trip, and no issue either. That's good as I had others issues in the past, as I mentioned.

Good luck - they should be able to handle this as you shouldn't have to incur a charge due to their error.

Tiger :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter