HDDR question

Sb4

Earning My Ears
Hi! This will be our 3rd time to the fort, and we decided to do HDDR this time.

Here's the question though: Does HDDR have unlimited mickey bars?? I swear I saw it somewhere, but now I am only seeing strawberry shortcake. We take mickey bars seriously in our family, so I just want to know what to expect. :rotfl2:

I think the Backyard BBQ is the one with the unlimited Mickey Bars

BBq has that for sure. We went last time, and loved it. I was thinking HDDR did too, but now don't see that on the menu. :(. My dad & husband may or may not have gotten a little carried away with the mickey bars last time. Lol

We were never offered ice cream bars when we went but that was quite a few years ago now.

HDDR brings out each portion of the meal as part of the show and it is a set menu. The dessert is Strawberry Shortcake, you can ask if they have Mickey Bars, but if they have them available or not, I do not know.

I would imagine they have an option for people who are allergic to strawberries etc, not sure what it is, but it could be a Mickey Bar if someone was to ask them.

As a matter of fact the last time we went to HDMR the people at the table beside us did get Mickey Ice Cream Bars. Thats been about 3-4 years ago. Not sure if they asked for them or perhaps had an allergy listed on their reservation to strawberries and this was the substitution. My advice would be to ask.

However, that strawberry shortcake is extremely good.

We've been to HDDR multiple times in recent years, and my son is gluten-free, so he can't do the strawberry shortcake. He was always offered a brownie & ice cream instead. Never a Mickey bar.

Does HDDR have unlimited mickey bars??

1) HDDR does not have Mickey Bars, they have strawberry shortcake or an alternate for those with allergies.
2) They do not bring in Mickey Bars.
3) The BBQ has Mickey Bars in a cooler and yo can keep going back for more.
4) The only time they stop you is if it appears you are trying to stock up and take some away from the BBQ.

I wonder- we have 9 of us going, and three are kids who wouldn't touch strawberry shortcake if you paid them LOL... all three would be happy with a brownie instead ( no ice cream would even be necessary) ... I don't want them to be offended but maybe I should ask if there's any chance we could do that for those 3.... now you've got me thinking !

I wonder- we have 9 of us going, and three are kids who wouldn't touch strawberry shortcake if you paid them LOL... all three would be happy with a brownie instead ( no ice cream would even be necessary) ... I don't want them to be offended but maybe I should ask if there's any chance we could do that for those 3.... now you've got me thinking !

Melissa, the HDDR is a must for us. Our younger GC always ask for Mac and Cheese, and they deliver. Also, a brownie and a bit of ice cream has also been served. They are the best.

the brownies will have a different taste because they are gluten free so the kids might not like them either

Thank you! Bars or no bars, we are going to keep the reservation. We switched from 8:30 to 6:15, so that we can catch the electrical light parade and maybe hallowishes from the beach after HDDR.

We switched from 8:30 to 6:15, so that we can catch the electrical light parade and maybe hallowishes

1) Personally, I would attend The Campfire and go to MK on another night.
2) HDDR followed by The Campfire makes a superior evening.

1) Personally, I would attend The Campfire and go to MK on another night.
2) HDDR followed by The Campfire makes a superior evening.

I don't think the 6:15 HDDR will let out in time for us to make the campfire, unfortunately. If it does, we will go to the fire for sure. I guess it depends on the October schedule.

I don't think the 6:15 HDDR will let out in time for us to make the campfire, unfortunately. If it does, we will go to the fire for sure. I guess it depends on the October schedule.

You might not make the campfire lighting, but should be able to catch the sing-along and movies.

TrustTheScupper.

Last edited:
You might not make the campfire lighting, but should be able to catch the sing-along and movies.

Well that would be great! I thought HDDR was 2 hours, and the sing along with chip & dale started at 7:30 or so. We have no plans to go to MK that evening. That's a universal day for us actually. I was just thinking we could watch the electrical water parade and the hallowishes fireworks from the beach :)

HDDR is in fact 2 hrs long, Sb4. But the October Movie/Campfire calendar I posted yesterday shows the fires lit at 630pm for October, 700pm for the Chip & Dale Singalong, and 740pm for the movie. This is the "winter" time schedule which in past years started on November 1; however this year Disney chose to schedule October on the winter schedule and not keep the summer schedule (an hour later) like they have in years past.

Bama Ed

HDDR is in fact 2 hrs long, Sb4. But the October Movie/Campfire calendar I posted yesterday shows the fires lit at 630pm for October, 700pm for the Chip & Dale Singalong, and 740pm for the movie. This is the "winter" time schedule which in past years started on November 1; however this year Disney chose to schedule October on the winter schedule and not keep the summer schedule (an hour later) like they have in years past.

Bama Ed

I saw that after I posted. Thank you so much! I'm excited about the new time. We will be able to do the fire before sleepy hollow on our arrival date. Woohoo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter