HDDR Questions

disneyjr77

DIS Veteran
What nights is HDDR offered? DD is super picky, and probably won't like the meat options. Is it possible ot get a hot dog or chicken tenders for her? She may eat a chicken breast, but in case she won't i was wondering what my options were. I would like to think they have something in place, since i know she can't be the only child that is that picky.

Hi. My family is going to HDDR for the first time in May. While I can't offer experience advice I have been reading up a lot and asking ?s too. I have read you can request mac and cheese if that helps. If not I would feed her something before you go and just let her graze on what she will eat. My now grown DS was super picky as a child (not at all now as a young adult!) and I would bring peanut-butter and ketchup with me everywhere! :rolleyes1

Also I believe HDDR is offered pretty much every night, three shows. We booked the 6:15 show because we plan to take the boat to MK after for eve. emh. There is an earlier show at 4 and a late show at 8:30 I believe. You will have three choices of seating levels when you book so look at that chart to decide. We booked cat. 1 as it was not much more than cat. 2 and we did not want to go up into the balcony (just our preference).

There are several threads about transportation to HDDR, do a search and read through some of those, I found that helpful.

Take this with a grain of salt because the last time we ate there was 2008 but during that trip my daughter was going thru a phase where all and I mean all she would eat for dinner was mac'n'cheese, chicken nuggets or hot dogs (no buns). When I talked to the waitress she came back 10 minutes later with macaroni and cheese and 3 hot dots (no buns). They will try to help you.

What nights is HDDR offered?
. . . they perform every day, unless there is rehab-hurricane-etc

DD is super picky, and probably won't like the meat options.
. . . HDDR is probably not a good idea for feeding her

Is it possible ot get a hot dog or chicken tenders for her? She may eat a chicken breast, but in case she won't i was wondering what my options were.
. . . they can offer her pasta in butter sauce - and SOMETIMES mac-and-cheese
. . . chicken, or such, is usually not an option

. . . although HDDR and TE share a kitchen, they don't just borrow food from each other

she can't be the only child that is that picky[/QUOTE]
. . . folks with such picky kids usually don't take them to HDDR
. . . or, they feed their kids prior to HDDR, or bring their own food in a backpack (but, HDDR cannot reheat)
. . . allergies and medical issues are one thing, but trying to adjust to every adult or every child who is simply picky is too hard and too costly

We went to Hoop de Doo last fall for the first time. It was just DH and I (so no picky kids), but LOTS of tables around us requested mac and cheese and it was brought right out to them.

Great, thanks! I have no problem bringing something for her or eating prior to, i just wasn't sure what my options were. She'll definitely eat the mac and cheese, and the corn that come out with dinner, so a hot dog before hand will work :)

We went to Hoop de Doo last fall for the first time. It was just DH and I (so no picky kids), but LOTS of tables around us requested mac and cheese and it was brought right out to them.
Did they ask for it in substitution for something else or just cause they wanted it?

Did they ask for it in substitution for something else or just cause they wanted it?

We didn't ask for any, but I heard the table right next to us just say to their server "Can we please also get some macaroni and cheese?" The server said "Sure thing" and brought them out a bowl immediately (which led me to believe it was already dished up and ready to go back there for people who wanted it.)

I saw lots of other tables with it also. It seems like it is something that is available, but you have to know to ask for it.

What nights is HDDR offered?
. . . they perform every day, unless there is rehab-hurricane-etc

DD is super picky, and probably won't like the meat options.
. . . HDDR is probably not a good idea for feeding her

Is it possible ot get a hot dog or chicken tenders for her? She may eat a chicken breast, but in case she won't i was wondering what my options were.
. . . they can offer her pasta in butter sauce - and SOMETIMES mac-and-cheese
. . . chicken, or such, is usually not an option

. . . although HDDR and TE share a kitchen, they don't just borrow food from each other

she can't be the only child that is that picky
. . . folks with such picky kids usually don't take them to HDDR
. . . or, they feed their kids prior to HDDR, or bring their own food in a backpack (but, HDDR cannot reheat)
. . . allergies and medical issues are one thing, but trying to adjust to every adult or every child who is simply picky is too hard and too costly
[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to hijack the thread but came across it doing a search bc I have a similar issue. We have a dietary restriction of no pork. When I made the reservation I tried to have it noted but was told that that wasn't possible and I should say something when we check in. We are a table of eight and to ask if a substitution can be arranged for that many people at the last minute seems exceptionally rude and ill advised. Do you have a suggestion for me? Thank you.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread but came across it doing a search bc I have a similar issue. We have a dietary restriction of no pork. When I made the reservation I tried to have it noted but was told that that wasn't possible and I should say something when we check in. We are a table of eight and to ask if a substitution can be arranged for that many people at the last minute seems exceptionally rude and ill advised. Do you have a suggestion for me? Thank you.
I suspect this is a restriction the restaurant has dealt with in the past. My guess is they will serve more chicken to replace the pork.

It's AYCTE so I'd expect they would just bring you more chicken and not "substitute" the pork. Be aware that the beans ALSO have pork in it as well though. I'd mention it to your waiter just in case there's anything we're missing. But I could still make a good meal on the remainder, it's a HUGE meal... salad, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, corn bread and strawberry shortcake should all be fine. I could only eat a couple of bites of either ribs or beans last time with so much other food and would not have missed them.

We will be doing it for the first time on our next trip and I have read they will bring out more chicken if you can't have the ribs. And they do have beans without pork but they are pretty much flavorless. Either way there is so much other food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter