HDMI switching?

KingChespin1

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!
It’s my first day at Aulani, and I was wondering if there’s a way to switch inputs to my Switch. When I plugged it into HDMI 2, and switched inputs through the settings menu on Disney’s OS, nothing happened. After I unplugged the hotel box from HDMI 1, my Switch dock was able to output, but the volume is locked at 100 and the TV’s side buttons can’t be used. Anyone know if there’s a solution to switching inputs and not having TV volume at 100? Thanks!

To be clear, you're staying at Aulani right now and looking for a way to connect your video games to the TV?

View attachment 579226
Thanks for the response man, great class. There’s no smart TV features other than Chromecast so without being able to access hdmi, you can’t stream videos or play games without a workaround for changing volume. I was wondering if anyone knew, wasn’t looking to be told to go outside when I’m doing that 10 hours a day and looking to do stuff at night.

We ran into the same problem and couldn't connect our devices either. You used to be able to plug in to the older TV's, but we haven't figured out the work around on these newer ones.

Do the tv's have a cable box on the back that connects to the tv with a phone cable? If so, if you disconnect the phone cable you will get some control back over the tv, but the remote may no longer work if it came from the cable outfit and is not the original tv remote. I used to carry around a separate universal remote for this purpose, but my Firestick remote controls many of the tv functions such as volume.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter