Thanks. Am I right to assume the later showings would be less crowded then? And does MK close due to capacity on 30/12 usually?

I’m not sure I’d say the later showings are any less crowded, especially 12/31. I’d say both are pretty darn similar.

Those with kids that can’t get to midnight go early, the adults/teens all stay late.

It’s massively crowded (but even saying that, tons of fun).

I was there are on 12/30 last year, I don’t ‘think’ there was a phased closure that day but not 100% sure. I think it did reach at least an early stage closure for a bit on 12/31.

I don't know if I should post this question here or somewhere else, but what do you do for dinner the night you go to HEA dessert party?? The reservation says it starts at 7:45. Do you eat something at a QS in the park before you go? Do an early TS restaurant along the monorail line? We are staying at POP Century and I'm trying to make the best plans for the evening! Thanks!

I don't know if I should post this question here or somewhere else, but what do you do for dinner the night you go to HEA dessert party?? The reservation says it starts at 7:45. Do you eat something at a QS in the park before you go? Do an early TS restaurant along the monorail line? We are staying at POP Century and I'm trying to make the best plans for the evening! Thanks!

The last 2 times we did the party we had a QS "dinner" at about 4:30pm. We also snacked throughout the day before that.

Really personal preference. For us, we like the dessert party more for the viewing than the actual desserts, so don’t necessarily let it impact our dinner plans.

That being said, I’d generally prefer to eat an earlier dinner and not have dinner/dessert party back to back, but it would otherwise depend on our plan for that day.

We're doing it on our arrival day. We get in early and plan on hitting MK and doing a lunch ADR at BOG. If we stay in MK we will most likely grab Casey's for dinner. If we go back to the resort for a nap/rest we will probably grab something in the food court at POFQ before we head back to MK.

I'm also with the group that isn't doing the party for the desserts. This is mostly for the view and not having to be in a mass of people. The desserts are a bonus. We will have some desserts I'm sure. DD is looking forward to chocolate covered strawberries and I'll have some of that plus fruit and cheese but nothing that I'll fill up on.

Yes, during Christmas parties (and from Dec 22 to Dec 31) they have the Holiday Wishes fireworks show. Outside of those dates and special parties, they have the Happily Ever After fireworks.
Last year, December 28th and December 29th had HEA only they did NOT have Holiday Wishes on those two nights, we went both nights

Just jumping in to say I did the Terrace viewing the other night and I loved the experience. Totally worth the upcharge! Loved the show so much and the desserts were super yummy!!

How was the seating arrangement? Were everyone able to stay seated for the fireworks? I'm just double checking as some people have said it used be chaotic when the fireworks started as there were so many tables and everyone stood up to have a view from the front. It sounds like it's changed recently though.

Last year, December 28th and December 29th had HEA only they did NOT have Holiday Wishes on those two nights, we went both nights

Thanks for clarifying! I know the big draw for Christmas at WDW is that MK offers the parade and fireworks without having the MVMCP party....they're just scheduled as part of the regular park day entertainment, but I wasn't sure when it ended.

Thanks for clarifying! I know the big draw for Christmas at WDW is that MK offers the parade and fireworks without having the MVMCP party....they're just scheduled as part of the regular park day entertainment, but I wasn't sure when it ended.
They do still have the Christmas parade during the day, we love that parade!

We have a 12:15 lunch planned at Crystal Palace the day of our party, I’m planning on maybe sharing 2 QS meals between the 4 of us for dinner, probably around 5:00’ish. My kids need some kind of real food in their stomachs or they’ll get hangry!

I want to book this for our last night and want it to be a surprise for my group. How can I make reservations for all without it showing in their MDE plans?

I want to book this for our last night and want it to be a surprise for my group. How can I make reservations for all without it showing in their MDE plans?
Call and book the tickets, tickets will be sent by mail and not on MDE until you link them yourself...so don't link them and it will be a surprise...DO NOT lose the tickets!!! This is a good option also because if someone drops out you can sell the un-linked ticket.

Call and book the tickets, tickets will be sent by mail and not on MDE until you link them yourself...so don't link them and it will be a surprise...DO NOT lose the tickets!!! This is a good option also because if someone drops out you can sell the un-linked ticket.

I booked mine online and it only says my name +1 guest as I never added my husband as the second person going, so I don't think the rest of the group would see it as long as you don't add them to the reservation. You only say how many people you're reserving it for, not who's actually going.

DID July 3 and 4 open? I saw there was availability for July 2, so I figured 3 and 4 were sold out. And then I'm seeing it's not open yet.

So should I be stalking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter