Healthy eating options ????

Dee8197

<font color=indigo>Those blinking rats get me ever
Can anyone suggest a good place to eat lunch or dinner. We need somewhere that does nice ceaser salads or at least low fat choices but also does the usual things that 8 year old boys eat.
I would love to try the "Blue Lagoon " always hear good things about the food and the atmoshere ( not sure it does salads though ) but is it mostly fish and crab etc that they serve.
Where is the best eating experience for a child ( who generally has little time for food, it is an inconvenience that he has to fit into his schedule in order to survive but he would be much happier if he could live on fresh air ) What is the Rain forest Cafe like?

We just got back for DLP a few days ago. We had a lovely character meal at Luckey Nugget Saloon. It was buffet and we found the food to be one of the best in the park. There was a great selection including a variety of lovely salads and other starters, for main course there was a big selection- a lot of tex mex style dishes. It was really great!! We also had a nice meal at inventions in DLH. It was the best food we have ever had in the park. It was a character dinner and was also buffet style-lots of healthy options here for sure but be warned it did not come cheap. Annette's Diner do really nice salads. As for Rainforest Cafe we have eaten there twice. The first time I had a salad which was not very nice. It was limp and smothered in a horrible dressing. We ate there again this year and I stuck to the burger and chips which was fine.

I had a lovely salmon salad at the Restaurant en Coulisse last year, which is counter-service, so would be a good quick stop, and they do burgers and pizza too.

You might want to look at this site, which has menus for every restaurant in DLP :)

Thanks to you both. The DLH sounds very tempting !Thanks for the website Suzi, that very helpful
icon7.gif

My troop enjoyed Annettes Diner, Pizza Outpost, Hakuna Matata, Rain Forest Cafe and Plaza Gardens.

Reid

Also try Beaver Tavern in the Sequoia Lodge in the evening
They do a salad buffet E8.00 if taken with main course or E14.00 if onit own or wuth dessert. It's excellent and you canget so much on your plate you dont need a main course. So you can eat as healthily as you want with plenty of choice for the rest of the family to eat.
( DW could not finish her main course after having this as a starter)

Berwyn

Thanks for your help everyone.

We will be staying at SL so The Beaver Creek will be handy

We were also hoping to eat at the Beaver Creek Tavern. Any recommendations? :)

I had the ribs and they were absolutely gorgeous.
Nearly as good as the ones in The Rainforest cafe, they are the best ribs I've had anywhere :)

Try the Cedar Cove, Double chicken fillet,mushrooms sauted with potatoes, tomato and frsh pineapple.
Try here for the menus http://www.dlpfoodguide.com/

Berwyn
You dont get fancy food at the Beaver but its good , well cooked and plenty of it.

I had that Berwyn and was very pleased with it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter