Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to run we go! A new and improved Teetz running Journal

Who is ready for a New Orleans recap?!?!

Left Friday morning for my first ever visit to the state of Louisiana!

IMG_8049.jpg

I got in around 5PM. Didn't make it in time to go to the expo so would do race morning pick up for the 5K. Flight was good with a longish layover in Houston.

Saturday was 5K day!

IMG_8063.jpg

Course was nice. We went through the French Quarter and near Jackson Square. The course did appear short though.

IMG_8066.jpg

Finally headed to the expo later that day and ended up buying some Goodr's. I have developed an addiction to them. I have 5 now.

APC_0277.JPG

Visited a bunch of different places that day trying beers and different food.

Sunday was half marathon day! Sort of nice not having to get up at runDisney time for a race. The race ended up being delayed by about 10 minutes. Apparently there was a shooting near the Superdome early that morning. The temps for a half were rather great. If I was doing the full it might've got a little hot.

IMG_8100.JPG

The course was great though! Very flat even though the roads aren't the best in all areas. Stopped for beer, mimosas, jello shots and beignets on course!

IMG_8090.jpg

IMG_8088.jpg

IMG_8092.jpg

Finished in about 2:25. It was awesome! Definitely a course you could look to PR at. Definitely a race I want to do again too.

IMG_8095.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, the state of New Orleans!

I’m glad you had a fun trip full of tasty foods and adult beverages!

Country Bears was a must stop for me and the others obliged.
I decided to stop for the Country Bears during the marathon after an internal debate. I concluded that a photo stop can only help me from pushing too hard in that heat, and that you would approve. And then it got even better because the Country Bear in question was very excited to see my BYU shirt, so it wound up being a great decision for me.

Well looks like it has been a while since I have been in here...

So much has changed over the last nearly two months. I am sort of glad I never registered for any spring races. I had plans to do a couple but with everything on going it turned out to be a good thing to not sign up too far out.

School for me is all online of course which isn't necessarily a bad thing as I have taken online classes before. It does feel like I am doing a bit more work than before though on that front.

Work is non-existent. I wasn't formally laid off but I am essentially laid off. I work a lot of sporting events and conventions and stuff like that so with none of that happening I don't work.

Now in terms of running I am only signed up for Wine and Dine. I have plans for other fall races but with a tighter budget I am not sure what will eventually happen. We also don't know what will happen with races in the fall just yet in the midst of all of this. The plan is to also still sign up for Dopey 2021 but of course also pushed off for now. I have been running throughout the week but the weather is all over the place here. One day its 70 the next its 40. 🤷‍♂️

Hope everyone is doing well!

I present a significant update! So I was not signed up for Rival Run Weekend but with the cancelation and the fact we had great weather in WI this weekend I decided to partake in the festivities of a virtual experience which according to social media hundreds of people did. So much so that even our favorite race announcers got in the fun...

I ran a nice 6.2 on Saturday and then an awesome 13.1 on Sunday (today). I even had some character stops...

Newest Disney Deluxe being constructed

IMG_8667.jpg

BB-8!

IMG_8668.jpg

Cone Alley...

IMG_8669.jpg

Mouse Droid stop!

IMG_8671.jpg

DJ Rex!

IMG_8673.jpg

A Tie Fighter!

IMG_8674.jpg

R5-D8!

IMG_8675.jpg

And capped it off with post race beer and oreos!

IMG_8679.jpg

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and are staying happy, healthy and safe!

This is great! That's awesome that you did the challenge this weekend. I am so glad I went ahead and ran it too, despite some sketchy weather. The video the race announcers put together is awesome, and even made me tear up a little.

I seem to go about a month between posting here. Life is always changing.

Lots of updates!

I am done with school for the semester. I am just waiting for those final grades. Things should be fine though. 1 year left...

So as of yesterday Wisconsin is no longer under any state orders. Individual cities now have some orders, or none at all. Basically a free for all here which is sort of creating mass chaos. I am just living my life taking one day at a time. It is what it is at this point. I am not going out of my way to go out and about.

Running...

After getting shut out during AP/DVC registration for Marathon Weekend I did get in on general registration day. I don't even know what i would've done had I not. Dopey #5 it is. I am just hoping things are somewhat normal by then.

I have nothing on the books until Wine and Dine and of course we don't know what will happen with that. Disney reportedly has a full field for that weekend and Marathon Weekend was significantly limited.

I am running sporadically. I have the runDisney virtual series coming up. I have one other virtual race coming up as well. In addition to that I have started blogging some of my runs! If you don't follow me on instagram @RyanRunsDisney you can find them there or you can message me if you want to watch.

Made it back for an update in less than a month from the last one!

Lot's happening right now throughout the world. A lot of important discussion, and action taking place. I hope that continues and real action continues to take place fixing many of the issues we currently have. Self-reflection and talking with friends is important right now and something I have been doing.

As for running, I am gliding along. With nothing serious to train for I am just maintaining. I have continued vlogging, and if you are interested I can send you a link to that. My most recent run was the first of three runDisney virtual races. I of course had some fun with it. Character stops and mile markers just like a runDisney race!

Anyways I hope you are all doing well. I know it's not necessarily a time to be well but life is not easy. We as a nation and a world will get through not only this pandemic but everything else and the other side will be a much better and brighter place.

IMG_9134.jpgIMG_9140.jpg

Made it back for an update in less than a month from the last one!

Lot's happening right now throughout the world. A lot of important discussion, and action taking place. I hope that continues and real action continues to take place fixing many of the issues we currently have. Self-reflection and talking with friends is important right now and something I have been doing.

As for running, I am gliding along. With nothing serious to train for I am just maintaining. I have continued vlogging, and if you are interested I can send you a link to that. My most recent run was the first of three runDisney virtual races. I of course had some fun with it. Character stops and mile markers just like a runDisney race!

Anyways I hope you are all doing well. I know it's not necessarily a time to be well but life is not easy. We as a nation and a world will get through not only this pandemic but everything else and the other side will be a much better and brighter place.

View attachment 499157View attachment 499158
IS THAT THE SKYLINER POPCORN BUCKET??? My one regret about the closures is my inability to get my hands on that popcorn bucket.

IS THAT THE SKYLINER POPCORN BUCKET??? My one regret about the closures is my inability to get my hands on that popcorn bucket.
It is! I wasn’t there when it was released but I have a friend that lives down there that picked it up for me.

Signed up for my first run challenge. California Coast 500

The challenge is for 500 miles of Cali coast virtual running. They are doing medals though if you complete 100, 250, 400 or 500 miles. Not sure I will get to 500 but I definitely want to hit at least 250. Fun challenge to keep me motivated as we may or may not have races for who knows how long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!