Help complete and critique my plan, last trip was pre-SWGE/TSL!

Wosmama6

Mouseketeer
So, I am trying to sort out what to do now that our original HS day was 3/4, the day MMRR opens, but if we move it, we will have some interesting logistics with our babysitter... help? We are me, DH (Grumpy when it comes to all things dis), DS6 and DD 18mo. We have 6 day non hopper passes but are willing to get hoppers if we need them. We will have a rental car (will be renting DVC so no parking charges at poly)

Feb 29 - arrive at noon, get rental and check into westgate vacation villas (rented a week from a friend who's an owner)
Would this be a good day to do a Saana or Disney Springs dinner? Or Hoop de Do 4p show? Originally I had just planned for us to go to the room, maybe gatorland if we felt like it, let my daughter get acclimated to the space so that she wouldn't freak out AS badly when it was time to sleep

Mar 1 - Sitter for DD, UO for me, DS and DD with express unlimited passes, riding all we can ride. DS and I are huge HP fans and DH loves universal. Hoping to eat at Toothsome.

Mar 2 - this is a flex day, we figure we won't get to ride EVERYTHING we want 3/1, but it's certainly possible since we jsut went in 18 and DS was tall enough for most things, so we may or may not go back to UO this day. This is the day I was thinking a 4pm Hoop de Do might work, thoughts?

Mar 3 - this is our poly check in day. Yes, we have a week at westgate but are staying at poly half of it... it's a longgggg story and i'd rather not stay westgate at all but it is what it is. originally this was our AK day, since I think DD will love AK. But then they announced the MMRR opening for 3/4 and I am not trying to get in that crowd. But also, we wanted a sitter for our HS day, and while we can have the sitter go to westgate to watch the baby (since we don't have to check out of there for like 4 more days), then we'll have to drive back there to pick her up and get all of her stuff before going to our room at poly. which sounds blahhhh compared to just throwing stuff in the car, going to ak and then going to poly at check in time. QS or room service dinner either way. What would you do? We can't push the poly check in back a day, we rented dvc points.

Mar 4 - this will be our AK day, I guess, depending on what you guys think of the above. Right now I have a 7pm Saana res for just DH and me, but I thought about trying to get a 4pm one and just skipping the babysitter. I love AKL (did my 30th bday at Boma) but I"m worried about a TS meal after a park day for DD. Do 4pm Saana with the kids so they don't miss AKL, or take them back to Poly w/ sitter and come back w/ DH?

Mar 5 - MK DAY! This is predicted to be the lowest crowds while we're there, and crowds feel the worst at MK IMO, so... right now we have a PPO BOG ADR but I will prob cancel if we get all the FP we want. We were thinking just rope drop to parade, then heading back to the room... the only problem here is that i was able to snag the only Artist Point ADR I've seen with much stalking and the touring plans res finder at 4pm, which would mean missing the parade, and if we get through the parade i don't know that we'll have the energy for an ADR... Would you push the parade off a day to do AP? If you had to choose between Artist Point and Hoop De Do (purely for time and $ reasons, otherwise we'd just do both), which would you choose, given our kids' ages?

Mar 6 - this is another flex day. If we skip Artist Point, we will probably just take it easy in the am, go over to wilderness lodge (i've never seen it and am dying to, we almost stayed there) and have a QS bfast or lunch. If we end up doing artist point, we'll stay at poly in the am and then head into the park about 2pm to snag a seat at pecos bill for the parade, and then one of us will have to leave with DD to take her to the sitter. Either way, we'll get a sitter for DD in the evening and hit a dessert party to see HEA in the park for the first time (we have watched it from GF after our 1900 park fare dinner in 2018, but DS was barely awake).

Mar 7 - our last day. DH and DS will go to Legoland. I will NOT lol, so DD and I will either go back to MK or walk around world showcase or Minnie Van to dis springs. we leave am 3/8.

I need to figure this out at least enough to:
1) make dining reservations, especially Hoop de do and dessert party
2) get sitters for the right days (re: our HS day, we won't have sitter on AK day)
3) book FPs on the right days for HS and AK
4) pick date for Harmony Barber Shop first haircut package for DD (3/6 or 7)

Hopefully this makes a little sense. TIA!

I think I have decided to do HDD over Artist Point, but I am still trying to figure out which days... any thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!