Help! Deluxe DP

iheartbelle87

DIS Veteran

I need help my expert Dis-ers! My family and I are going to WDW 5/13-5/17 and have the Deluxe Dining Plan. I 've been to Disney > 25 times, but usually we do the 'regular' dining plan. A few weeks ago I asked on the boards here if with the deluxe dining plan we basically can eat at any time of meal three times a day (signature included) and the answer was that each person in our party get 2 TS credits per day (to be used however we want during our stay)... but I was listening to DISunplugged pod cast recently and they stated that with the deluxe dining plan, you get three meals per day and can be worth any type of combination you want, meaning if I wanted to eat at three signature restaurants three times a day for the duration of our trip we could. Clearly I was getting confused, so I chatted with Disney online and their answer confirmed what the Disunplugged said.

Does this seem correct? I don't want to make a bunch of signature ADRs to later find out we're 'over' our TS allotment.

Thank you!!

Hello and welcome! My name is Princess and I'll be taking you on a magic carpet ride to explore a whole new world here at Walt Disney World® Resort. How can I help you today?

Ashlee
at 10:49, Feb 13:

Hello! My family and I will be visitin gin 90 days! We have the deluxe disney dining plan. Can you tell me, is each person allotted three table services per day (to use as we wish throughout our vacation) or may we eat a three signature restaurants three times a day if wanted to?

Princess
at 10:51, Feb 13:
The idea behind including a Disney dining plan is that you pay for a select number of meal and snack allotments as part of your total package price and then use them throughout your stay, which will save you money versus paying for those same food choices as you go. There are several plans to choose from, most of which include table service meals and character dining, and you can eat at many of the restaurants through Walt Disney World® Resort, including in the theme parks, at the resorts, and at Disney Springs™. The meal and snack allotments are assigned based on the number of nights of stay. You get those as a grand total at check in and you can use them however you like from that point forward until midnight on the day you check out.

Princess
at 10:52, Feb 13:
The Magic Your Way® plus Deluxe Dining Plan includes three meal allotments (your choice of quick service or table service) and two snacks per person, per night of stay. It also includes a Disney Rapid Fill Resort refillable drink mug for each Guest (3 years old and older), which is good for unlimited refills of select beverages at the dining location at the resort you are staying.

Ashlee

Thank you. My question is, can my family eat at three signature restaurants a day with the deluxe dining plan?

Princess
at 10:53, Feb 13:
Depends, most signature dining locations require 2 credits. If you go to the dining location on our website, it will tell you how many credits they take.

Ashlee
at 10:54, Feb 13:

Thank you. Since my family and I have the deluxe dining plan, how many TS cerdits are alloted?

Princess
at 10:55, Feb 13:
Includes three meal allotments (your choice of quick service or table service) per night per person.

Ashlee

Ok so three meals a day. and can all of these be signature meals (2 credit) if we wish?

Princess
at 10:56, Feb 13:
Yes!

Ashlee
Ok thank you very much!

Princess

You're welcome! Did you have any other questions or concerns I can help you with?

Ashlee

Plain and simple....with the Deluxe DP you get 3 TS credits per NIGHT'S STAY, and 2 snacks. Signatures still require you to use 2 TS credits. You can use your credits at any time during your stay, but you cannot go over your total allotment of credits.

So, for your stay, it looks like you have 4 nights, which will yield 12 total TS credits per person for your stay. You can do 3 signatures in one day, but that will use up half (2x2x2=6) of your total TS credits.

Think of your credits as a "pool". You will have 12 x however many people are staying in the room in the pool. Each TS restaurant uses one credit per person, each Signature uses two credits per person.

Thank you! That is what I thought... I was confused when the Disney cast member told me all of our meals could be signature if we wanted... and use our credits for these.

Thank you! That is what I thought... I was confused when the Disney cast member told me all of our meals could be signature if we wanted... and use our credits for these.

Theoretically they could... but you'd run out of credits in a hurry! There's nothing stopping you from using 6 credits in one day to have signature meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (other than geography and the size of your stomach!) which is probably why the rep was saying you could do that, but you'd have to make up for it by using fewer credits on other days.

The (now discontinued) Premium and Platinum all-inclusive plans allowed you to eat anywhere for a single credit (even V&A!), but I don't know why a cast member would confuse those with Deluxe.

I need help my expert Dis-ers! My family and I are going to WDW 5/13-5/17 and have the Deluxe Dining Plan. I 've been to Disney > 25 times, but usually we do the 'regular' dining plan. A few weeks ago I asked on the boards here if with the deluxe dining plan we basically can eat at any time of meal three times a day (signature included) and the answer was that each person in our party get 2 TS credits per day (to be used however we want during our stay)... but I was listening to DISunplugged pod cast recently and they stated that with the deluxe dining plan, you get three meals per day and can be worth any type of combination you want, meaning if I wanted to eat at three signature restaurants three times a day for the duration of our trip we could. Clearly I was getting confused, so I chatted with Disney online and their answer confirmed what the Disunplugged said.

Does this seem correct? I don't want to make a bunch of signature ADRs to later find out we're 'over' our TS allotment.

Thank you!!

Hello and welcome! My name is Princess and I'll be taking you on a magic carpet ride to explore a whole new world here at Walt Disney World® Resort. How can I help you today?

Ashlee
at 10:49, Feb 13:

Hello! My family and I will be visitin gin 90 days! We have the deluxe disney dining plan. Can you tell me, is each person allotted three table services per day (to use as we wish throughout our vacation) or may we eat a three signature restaurants three times a day if wanted to?

Princess
at 10:51, Feb 13:
The idea behind including a Disney dining plan is that you pay for a select number of meal and snack allotments as part of your total package price and then use them throughout your stay, which will save you money versus paying for those same food choices as you go. There are several plans to choose from, most of which include table service meals and character dining, and you can eat at many of the restaurants through Walt Disney World® Resort, including in the theme parks, at the resorts, and at Disney Springs™. The meal and snack allotments are assigned based on the number of nights of stay. You get those as a grand total at check in and you can use them however you like from that point forward until midnight on the day you check out.

Princess
The Magic Your Way® plus Deluxe Dining Plan includes three meal allotments (your choice of quick service or table service) and two snacks per person, per night of stay. It also includes a Disney Rapid Fill Resort refillable drink mug for each Guest (3 years old and older), which is good for unlimited refills of select beverages at the dining location at the resort you are staying.

Ashlee

Thank you. My question is, can my family eat at three signature restaurants a day with the deluxe dining plan?

Princess
at 10:53, Feb 13:
Depends, most signature dining locations require 2 credits. If you go to the dining location on our website, it will tell you how many credits they take.

Ashlee
at 10:54, Feb 13:

Thank you. Since my family and I have the deluxe dining plan, how many TS cerdits are alloted?

Princess
Includes three meal allotments (your choice of quick service or table service) per night per person.

Ashlee

Ok so three meals a day. and can all of these be signature meals (2 credit) if we wish?

Princess
Yes!

Ashlee
Ok thank you very much!

Princess

You're welcome! Did you have any other questions or concerns I can help you with?

Ashlee
You can do signature each meal but you will use 2 credits per meal and you will run out quickly
Each person gets 3 credits per day

There is no signature breakfast w the exception of crt

As there have said you receive 3 meal credits per day per person
If you use them at a ts, you receive appy entree dessert beverage
Except bfast, no appy

If you choose qs you use one credit per meal, no appy

Signature uses 2 meal credits per meal

Most folks w dxdp use a single credit for ts bfast or early lunch and a signature dinner

Couple of things to note, if you haven't read this already, the DxDP is a TON of food. Not only do you get 3 meal credits per person/per day but you get an appetizer, entree and dessert at every lunch/dinner TS restaurant. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, LOL, but make sure your meals are spread out. We had lunch and signature dinners every night and we ended up changing some of the lunches to brunch to spread out our eating. Plus, you get 2 snacks a day too. Add the alcohol in to the mix and you're talking about a lot of food.
We had a GREAT time and we enjoyed a lot of places we wouldn't have normally eaten. Enjoy!!

I've also utilized the DxDP to stretch out 2 "extra" days for us since we arrive early on Day 1 and hit the parks at opening and last day we generally stay late and leave no later than early afternoon. Between that and using for signature meals, I've never had a problem with using our meals until this past year when we added more people to our vacation and sometimes things went awry. This was first year I had credits left which I exchanged at Goofy's for tons of take home snacks/candy. I found a bag of sour candy in the back of my pantry the other day I had forgotten about and my 4 year old son was quite excited that Mickey decided to just deliver him a bag of candy for no reason. Our last day, we had ADR planned for Cali Grill dinner for 4 adults 1 Disney adult and 1 child. Several of them wanted to leave early and head back home (WHAT? I KNOW RIGHT) so we just stopped at DS and went to Goofy's to use the left over credits. This will be my first trip to go and pay oop but since it's myself and my toddler and a friend who's never been, we are there for 4 nights/5 days, I thought it was a good time to try it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!