Help, first time need pin trading advice

roger8918

Earning My Ears
Help, Going to WDW in 2 weeks on a shoestring budget and need advice. I have three Little People (8, 7, & 5) who are about to bust with excitement and I need to find a way to let them experience pin trading. We have had friends tell us that this was so much fun for their Kids and we must do it. So, how can I get some of these pins CHEAP and how many do I need? Can I buy them offsite or before I leave home somewhere?

I do not know where you live but the Disney outlet at Sawgrass Mills had pins for $3.99 each. They are now $6.50 in the parks so buying them cheaper and trading is the way to go. When we visited in March we were even able to buy discontinued WL and TL pins at the gift shop at CBR. They were only $1.99. I bought about 12 of them and this was the begining of my kids pin collections. As long as the CM they are trading with is not wearing that pin they will trade. THere are tons of CM's weaing lanyards with pins and my kids love checking them out even if they rarely want to give up one of therir own pins in a trade. I am sure the pins my kids and I have collected are not worth any more than we paid for them but they all mean something special to them. My kids keep their pins on hats, I have a lanyard but rarely wear it. When my nephew was down visiting with us he got into pin trading too and kept his on the straps of his backpack. Good luck and have a wonderful trip!

Try the outlet malls! We bought a 2000 Spaceship earth that had a lanyard and two pins for $5.99. They also had pins for $3.99. You also might want to buy a lanyard before you leave. The ones at WDW are about $8 w/ no pins.

They have a disney outlet with year 2000 pins for .99 cents. Great traders!

Cost and below is available. You are most likely wanting traders between you and CM's.
First, visit www.cheappins.com .
I have seen people pay (recently!) on Ebay three times the price for the same pin on Ebay.
You can watch the Ebay and Yahoo Auctions. There are cheap ones. Just make sure they are tradable. Don't get stuck with a plastic pin. Uness you just like it.
Most auction sellers will combine shipping. I don't bid on the auctions that want as much (or more) in shipping as the cost of the pin.
Make sure you check out www.pinpics.com . No pricing, but good info.
And best of all. some of the Disney Stoes across the U.S. will be selling pins Sept 22 - through mid December!
? Just ask. :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter