Help! Fort Lauderdale Port to Disney World

Maus79

Earning My Ears
After looking at a dozens of cruises that would fit specific criteria for a party of 8, I made a massive error and booked a cruise sailing from Fort Lauderdale. Since it sails out less than 60 days, canceling is not an option. Two will be flying, and 6 of us will be driving in a rental for 7. We have two children who require car seats and one adult who requires a manual wheelchair. We've already booked a hotel that includes a shuttle from the airport, and will pay for two to take a taxi to the port. However, what would be the best form of transportation from Fort Lauderdale to Disney World as there isn't enough space?

I'm not certain I 100% understand, but if I do, then I think your best bet is to get a one way car rental up to Kissimmee. I can't imagine that a taxi or uber would be cheaper than that.

The two flying refuse to fly using another airline besides Delta due to mobility issues. Unfortunately, there are no flights available that Sunday. Since this is also the Star Wars party night, extending their stay is not an option. As this was my error, I’m trying to make arrangements that would be the most comfortable, especially since the driving time has doubled. Has anyone used private transportation or had experience renting a vehicle for a one way trip from Fort Lauderdale to Disney property?

The two flying refuse to fly using another airline besides Delta due to mobility issues. Unfortunately, there are no flights available that Sunday. Since this is also the Star Wars party night, extending their stay is not an option. As this was my error, I’m trying to make arrangements that would be the most comfortable, especially since the driving time has doubled. Has anyone used private transportation or had experience renting a vehicle for a one way trip from Fort Lauderdale to Disney property?

I've done it the other way around. I picked up a rental from Alamo at the Dolphin and returned right outside of Port Everglades before a cruise. They have a shuttle to and from the port. I've also used them after a cruise to pick up a rental to drive to the airport.

I've done it the other way around. I picked up a rental from Alamo at the Dolphin and returned right outside of Port Everglades before a cruise. They have a shuttle to and from the port. I've also used them after a cruise to pick up a rental to drive to the airport.

Thank you, the rental price was quite reasonable. Not to give any ideas, but I assumed that it would more expensive since the drop off location is different.

Generally, there aren’t usually drop fees on one-way rentals in Florida (at least major airports).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts