HELP! HELP! Online vs Phone for large group

mickeywho?

<font color=teal>I think when they became trendy p
We have 11 people going on our trip in October. From what I can see online (my 180 day opens tomorrow) I need to call a 1-800# to make our dining reservations. I would assume that would be at 7am putting us behind everyone online at 6am - correct? Could I make 2 adrs at the same restaurant - ie party of 6 + party of 5 - in my name and then call to combine or talk to the restaurant host when we arrive. Giving us the same 6am advantage...

Just wondered your thoughts...

We've decided on -
Chef Mickeys (dinner)
Crystal Palace (dinner)
50s Prime Time (dinner)
HDDR - I know I will have to call this one in with my credit card
'Ohana (dinner)
It's a first trip for many and my DS 13th and of course it's on MY shoulders to try to get this right!

Thanks!!

The website says you have to call for parties larger than 8 (or 8 and larger, can't remember).

I would only do what you suggested if you're willing to sit apart. With such a large group total, I would NOT assume the restaurant will be able to sit you together because it would involve moving tables around and that type of thing.

When you're talking about adding a person to an ADR, that's not so problematic at the restaurant in most cases, but putting a table of 5 and a table of 6 together is a different situation.

I would just wait until 7 and call on the phone.

You should probably call grand gatherings and the people on the other end could help you with all your dining needs good luck and have fun

Grand Gatherings doesn't seem to help with dining reservations - just the special events that they offer. Anyone experience anything different?
I was concerned about the table rearrange...
It's suddenly so stressful to book this for everyone...if I was just doing the 4 of us and couldn't get our 1st request I can switch things around. But with everyone else's wishlist....if I can't get the ADR I worry about them being disappointed. Oh well, not much I can do here. Just call at 7am and cross my fingers!!

Grand gatherings only books the special events. I had no problem calling after 7 for our ressies on the 180 day mark.
However I was able to make a lot of them online as a party of 10.
If you want to sit close to each other than you must make your ADR's as one group. Even then they sometimes don't sit you at the same table but the try to accomodate and make you close by and seat you all at the same time. Two of my kids ended up across the room from us at 50's PT, they loved it and we had to different servers so they kept competing to see who would get served first. It worked out fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter