Help. I am a prisoner in FOP (11/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being at WDW and enjoying rides is supposed to be fun. My in-line fun clock runs out at the 25 minute mark, I'd have bailed. Hope you made it through & enjoyed it Elmo007:)

We were there on a moderately busy day in early October. There was a lady still waiting for her family when we got off the ride from our FP who said they had gotten in line at 9am. It was 330pm.

We were there on a moderately busy day in early October. There was a lady still waiting for her family when we got off the ride from our FP who said they had gotten in line at 9am. It was 330pm.

We overheard a family in October have a very similar conversation-
It had been raining in the morning; but had cleared hours earlier...
Not fun at all

Ew what? Can't you get registered as a sex offender for peeing in public? Unless Florida is different...
Probably depends on the age of the kid. I have seen more than my fair share of toddlers peeing in the bushes at Disney parks because the parents didn’t want to stop what they were doing to go to a restroom. Sometimes waiting in line for a ride, sometimes for a show or a parade or fireworks. Not something I really want to see on vacation.

I am sure glad no one in our family has any interest in Avatar for our trip next week. We will walk through it but I was unable to get a FP+ for FOP so we may do it at park closing or we will hit the ride on one of our future trips. I did get a FP+ for NVJ but when we watched a video of the ride and we all lost interest, I decided to pick up EE instead.

While FOP is waaayyy cool, it is NOT cooler than the combined 7 or 8 other rides/attractions you could experience in the 3 hours you might spend waiting in line.

I rode FOP three times in the past two weeks. 11/11, 11/14, 11/15. Fastpasses each time. It is the most amazing attraction I have experienced at any park. Not without a fastpass. My days 64, 67, 68.

Ew what? Can't you get registered as a sex offender for peeing in public? Unless Florida is different...

I think the kid was peeing. Not the Dad.

That doesn’t even seem possible.

At some point any typical person has got to say “obviously something has broken down. The ride will be here the next time. “

And for those who have already decided they aren’t going back, gosh, there are other things to do.

I think her family up and left her. No way did did they get in line at 9 and still not ride at 3:30. None, whatsoever.

Late update.
We got online at 840 am. Line to actually get into attraction ran back to theater for festival of lion king but moved pretty good. They said 90 minutes at that point. When we actually reached standby entrance it said 120 min but again was moving ok.

The problem really hit at around 1030. We were in the area about two switchbacks away from where the exhibits are displayed. They started announcing delays. At that point we were kind of trapped into staying as there are no exits or you have to walk backwards through the crowd. Plus we figured we were near the end. It took almost 2 hours to move that short distance. People started bailing through an exit by the exhibits.

Finally cast members came out and gave everyone 2 fastpasses for 2 days for any park (except for FOP and Navi river ride

End result - made the ride and got out just around 1pm:

Late update.
We got online at 840 am. Line to actually get into attraction ran back to theater for festival of lion king but moved pretty good. They said 90 minutes at that point. When we actually reached standby entrance it said 120 min but again was moving ok.

The problem really hit at around 1030. We were in the area about two switchbacks away from where the exhibits are displayed. They started announcing delays. At that point we were kind of trapped into staying as there are no exits or you have to walk backwards through the crowd. Plus we figured we were near the end. It took almost 2 hours to move that short distance. People started bailing through an exit by the exhibits.

Finally cast members came out and gave everyone 2 fastpasses for 2 days for any park (except for FOP and Navi river ride

End result - made the ride and got out just around 1pm:

Now the real question- was it worth it?

Hard to say. FOP is Awsome. I went relatively early and was expecting 2 hours not 4. Also if i was standby and they advised a 4 hour wait i doubt i would do again

We must have been like 100 people in front of you, OP. We were in the exhibit room when they started announcing delays. We heard later from a guy on the tram that right after we must have gotten on, someone got sick all over their vehicle. There is apparently a huge undertaking to clean them up. Plus they already had one section not working, so it was going at half capacity. We got in line at 8:30 and got out at 10:25. I guess we lucked out. DH and I have been at Universal for a couple days and went to AK just for the Pandora rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter