Help!!!!I am going to WDW and it's going to rain

A guy in Syracuse

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Let me start at the begining and when I come to the end I will stop. Guess which Disney movie that is a reference to?
Okay, here is the crux of my problem.... I have been saving and planning since January for my WDW vaction with my girlfriend and now mother nature has decided to rain on us for a good portion of our four days at WDW. What can we do? Should I cancel my reservation adn plan another trip later in say October? If I do decide to go from Aug 20th to the 25th what changes in our activitie plan should we make? :confused:
I have not been to WDW since I was 8,,, I am 26 now,,, so as you can reasonalbly guess I do not have a clue about what attractions there are and the availablity of fun during a rainy day. Any and all advice welcome, and I thank you all in advance.

Bye all,

Christian in Syracuse:)

Let me answer your question with a question. If you had plans in Syracuse next week, would you change them based on the 5-day forecast? Probably not, because your experience tells you that the weather forecast changes every day. Same thing applies here. Florida is a semi-tropical climate and it rains a lot there. The good news is that most of the time the showers are short-lived and everything is back to normal in no time. In any given week in Orlando you will see a lot more sunshine than rain.

Don't change your vacation plans just because of rain. It would be different if it was "hurricane" rain. The first time we went in '97, it rained on us every day. We just bought ponchos from the hotel and went to the parks anyway. (But you can find them cheaper at Dollar Tree! )

We just went to the shows during the showers. It's a great time to sit indoors, relax, and watch some spectacular productions. EVERY park has super shows, check them out. Usually, by the time the show was over, so was the rain! Go and enjoy!!

Hi A guy in Syracuse,

I am also 26 years old and taking my girlfriend for several days in the parks.
We will be there from Aug. 20 thru Aug. 24. I am also concerned about the weather,
but on a larger scale. I am afraid the rain will be coming from the TROPICAL STORM
currently by Jamacia. If anyone have any tip or experienced this type weather, while
in WDW, please share your experience and any other comments. THANKS A MILLION!

The great thing about WDW in the rain is that the lines at the rides that still operate in the rain are very short and things go on pretty much as normal. We've gone during Hurricane Season a couple of times and (fortunately) we've never had a problem. Get your rain ponchos and bring a pair of dry shoes if wet shoes bother you. You'll have a great time!

we are from L'pool - NY not UK and leaving the 22 for WDW. We went last time also in August
even during the dreaded fires -- and guess what -- nothing touched Orlando. Why do you think Walt built it there, LOL. You'll have a wonderful time, as we also plan on it. Try an afternoon show at the huge Sony theater at DD, It's cool, AC and cheap.

have a magical time....

jo

Don't worry! My son and I were at Disney World 2 weeks ago and Orlando received a lot of rain from Trop. Storm Barry??? Everything operated as usual - most attractions/rides are indoors. The only closing that we experienced was the Resort pool and water parks one afternoon due to lightening. We had several Wal-Mart ponchos but gave up on them after several hours and bought the Mickey ones because they are much thicker and shake out easier. I would suggest a good pair of sandals - squishy wet shoes and socks are terrible on a long day! It took 2 and a half days for my sons shoes to dry out - it was a combination of the rain and well, Kali River Rapids really did a number on him! I wouldn't cancel because of the rain -out of 7 days we only had one truly nice sunny day but we still had the best time of our lives. Go, expect it to rain and have a great time!

I'll definitely say, get a good pair of weather - proof, sport sandals.
I will be visiting the parks in five more days and already expect to have rain every day. We are not bringing sneakers and socks, just sport sandals that will dry off within minutes.

Don't worry about dirty feet, you'll wash yourself when you return to the hotel. You're on vacation anyway! It is an awful feeling to walk around in wet socks and sneaks when the climate is humid, hot and muggy.

Wanda

My DS and I were in Orlanda from July 29 through August 5 and it rained about every day. We simply put on our jackets or ponchos and went to the parks.

Yes, we weren't happy about getting wet, but it seemed to shorten the lines. Also, I spent too much money for the trip and nothing was going to ruin it for us.

Guy, grab the ponchos and your girlfriend and have a good time!

ping.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter