Help!!! I am going to WDW and it's raining

A guy in Syracuse

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Let me start at the begining and when I come to the end I will stop. Guess which Disney movie that is a reference to?
Okay, here is the crux of my problem.... I have been saving and planning since January for my WDW vaction with my girlfriend and now mother nature has decided to rain on us for a good portion of our four days at WDW. What can we do? Should I cancel my reservation adn plan another trip later in say October? If I do decide to go from Aug 20th to the 25th what changes in our activitie plan should we make? :confused:
I have not been to WDW since I was 8,,, I am 26 now,,, so as you can reasonalbly guess I do not have a clue about what attractions there are and the availablity of fun during a rainy day. Any and all advice welcome, and I thank you all in advance.

Bye all,

Christian in Syracuse

:)

I'm going to sing from another movie. "The sun will come out tommorrow"

I don't know about Fl, but the weathermen here can't seem to get it right all of the time. Weather changes very quickly. Don't start having the blues about your vacation until you actually get there and see the rain yourself. Two days ago, the weathermen here said it would rain all weekend. Guess what? It is sunny and not a cloud in the sky... its going to be a beautiful day!

Go and enjoy yourself. Buy a poncho if it rains... there will be less crowds and it builds character! ;) It's Disney World... there is fun rain or shine!

Good Luck, I hope the forcast changes! It most likely will!

Holly P

I just returned last night from the world and they forcasted showers everyday. We had one night with a big thunder and lightening storm. We went to Epcot anyway. It lasted about and hour or so. One day we had a 15 min. sun shower and another day we had about a half hour of rain. Don't cancel your trip. The rain doesn't generally last long in Fl. My husband said that during the rain the water parks empty out and if you just wait it out you can pretty much have the waterparks to yourself!

Definately don't cancel whatever you do!!!! Can't count on the weatherman to be right, where else can you be so wrong so many times at your job and still have one! It will though, I guarantee rain while you are in WDW in Aug. and it will not ruin your trip. You will buy one of the famous yellow ponchos and wear it. My husband and father in law just came back from a trip down there to visit our daughter who lives there. They had one day where it rained all day. I think it was my father in law's favorite day. He has pictures of all the people running around in their yellow ponchos. HE had not been there in a long time. He was sitting, people watching while my husband and daughter were on the TOT and was so amazed how much fun everybody of all ages was having, enjoying the rain and WDW! While it is raining, there is always something to do. Sometimes, it is a blessing in disquise, it will also cool it down. Most of the showers in FL don't last all day. Relax, keep planning your trip and enjoy every minute of it! Make sure you have change of shoes and lots of socks so you can keep your feet dry or you will get blisters!

Don't worry about the rain spoiling your trip! We went two years ago and it rained almost the whole week we were there...that was with two small children! We don't really enjoy the Florida heat so we took the rain as a blessing...even made up our own chant as we skipped through the puddles...."I'd rather be wet than hot!" Ver y few thing s shut down in the rain and it always seemed to clear for that nightime parade! FYI...a CM told me Illuminations almost never cancels due to rain!
So keep your chin up and go for it! Disney magic shines even on a cloudy day!!

Don't worry about the rain. The best thing about it is that the crowds thin out. Wear a rain poncho and enjoy the rides.

I agree with everyone else DON'T cancel your trip bc of the chance of rain. Even if you did and rescheduled it for October it could end up raining then too-hurricane season doesn't end until November so there is always a chance of a freak storm blowing in. Either bring a lightweight poncho from home or buy a bright yellow Mickey poncho when you get there and if it rains put it on and continue to the rides. Like other people have said the line usually get smaller when it rains so take advantage of it. The only rides or attractions that will close in rain are Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road, Tower of Terror, Test Track and possibly the Tomorrowland Speedway as well as the water parks-I only think these things close if there is lightening though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter