Help me convince my friend's kids

CubFan

Earning My Ears
Help me convince my friend's kids that there is more to WDW than big thrill rides. They are in a panic because they watched the video and saw "big rides" and "don't want to do that! " Ages 7 and 11, and not really wimps, just no exposure to large theme parks--just a couple of water parks and small carnivals--I haven't been to WDW in years, but I told them what I remember was great! Please give me some more input to keep them interested. We hope that once they get there and see all the fun, that the fears will subside!

When I chat to adults who have never been to WDW, they often think it's about rides. Last year a friend said, "We aren't into amusement parks." So I explained that WDW is a RESORT more than an amusment park. I would think kids would be similar.

There are great web sites our there with video and pix of WDW www.digital-disney.com and www.disneypix.com are two at the top of my head. Kids (and adults) like visual ~ give those two sites a try.

You can point out:
*boat rentals
*bike rentals
*Disney Quest
*other arcades
*FOOD COURTS
*shopping
*DTD
*Epcot Passport
*lots of simulation movies
*****AND MORE!

I hope this helps! Sandra

Thanks Dr. Happy ~ those two links are pretty good. My kids like the pix. I found the videos of entire rides very helpful to prepare dd (8). www.wdwig.com and of course this site have great pix too! Have a great day! Chat soon! Sandra :)

SandraC, aren't you leaving for WDW soon? I hope you have a marvelous time!! The weather has been great in Orlando, so I think you will have an unforgetable experience! Have a safe journey!!

:)

Thank you again Dr. Happy! I appreciate your well wishes! YES, the weather looks lovely and HOT the way we like it! Take Care! Sandra

OH! I thought of another selling point for (most) kids ~ SWIMMING! :)

Hey Sandra C.

Was not sure which date you were leaving! Here's wishing you and yours the best ever WDW vacation!!!!Can't wait to hear about it.

The other Sandra C.

I would just tell them that if they don't want to do something they don't have to. I am sure once they are there they will be pleasantly surprised by how wonderful it is. To me Disney is nothing like your basic amusement park, although that's hard to explain to someone who has never been there.

DISNEY IS A MAGICAL RESORT LIKE NO OTHER!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter