Help me Decide - Renting DVC in August

Really? I thought the studios there were quite big? No smaller than the Beach Club, right?
this is the second time I've been contradicted, so they may have changed them, or they are not calling the rooms in the old buildings they converted to DVC ? There were so many C?O, that we got comped tickets our next visit, which was so nice.

At 7 months out it would be hard to get a room with renting points thats not at the bigger resorts. With that said, don't be afraid to give SSR a look. It has a lot of pools, some quiet, some small, and different water slides and two different pools! My 4 year old twins loved the Paddock pool because it was zero entry, had a water slide, and had a water playground. However, SSR comes with its cons, the biggest being that it is so far away from everything. If your goal is to focus more on parks than recreational I'm not sure you'd enjoy your stay.

As an owner, its easier to grab rooms as they are available, you can make arrangements to be on the ball at exactly seven months out, you can luck in sometime during the window without realizing it. Or if you don't luck in, you can waitlist or stalk.

Renting is trickier because there needs to be room availability that lines up with owner availability - and owners have various levels of willingness to be online to book when DVC opens for booking - an owner booking for someone else might not bother to log in early in the morning to maximize the chance of getting a room at seven months.
[/QUOTE
Maybe you can help with a question. Can DVC owners rent any villa that shows available on Disney’s site or are they limited to some closed subset. Does Disney hold some for cash? G So if I’m searching listings, check Disney first and the the owners available points second to achieve a match?

DVC owners have access to DVC inventory. It is not the same as DVC rooms held and offered by Disney for cash,

There are several reasons why Disney has DVC rooms listed for cash. They retain ownership of a small % of the resort, they also rent out rooms for cash for DVC owners who traded out of the DVC system, etc,

DVC owners have access to DVC inventory. It is not the same as DVC rooms held and offered by Disney for cash,

There are several reasons why Disney has DVC rooms listed for cash. They retain ownership of a small % of the resort, they also rent out rooms for cash for DVC owners who traded out of the DVC system, etc,
Thanks, that was helpful. So it seems that if there is currently no DVC inventory for my desired dates/resort in fall, it’s not likely I’ll ever get it except for the chance of cancellations. Likewise, even if I do a split stay (which may be easier from an owners points availability), if an owner can’t find availability for either resort right now, chances are slim when we hit the 7 months mark, correct? I appreciate the input 😎

Thanks, that was helpful. So it seems that if there is currently no DVC inventory for my desired dates/resort in fall, it’s not likely I’ll ever get it except for the chance of cancellations. Likewise, even if I do a split stay (which may be easier from an owners points availability), if an owner can’t find availability for either resort right now, chances are slim when we hit the 7 months mark, correct? I appreciate the input 😎

Correct. Ignore anything you see offered for cash - that's off the table for points based reservations. As an owner, you can waitlist and stalk - but as a renter, finding an owner who is willing to stalk for a cancellation is tough - and a waitlist ties up points for a "maybe" rental. Some people are logging in several times a day to see if they can't snag a cancellation.

Also ignore any private messages offering you a reservation or points to rent.

The chances of getting a studio Beach Club villa are slim to none. If your heart is set on Beach Club, I would just shell out the money for a regular hotel room. Stormalong Bay is the best pool, hands down. My family stayed at Beach Club all the time when I was growing up, and I have so many amazing memories there. Now that my boyfriend and I pay for our own trips we stay at values, but dream of the day we have the budget for Beach Club.

Also, a hotel room would have 2 real beds, not a bed and a pull out couch. Kids may think a pull out couch is cool, but honestly, real beds are always better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!