Votes: 9 60.0%
  • AK Kidani Savana View Studio

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • BW studio with BW view

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

PoohsFan1

DIS Veteran
Hello fellow DVCer's. My family decided to book a 2 night trip to WDW before our non Disney Cruise in December :banana: , we will not be going to any parks, instead we will be going to Disney Springs and resort hop to check out all the Christmas Decorations. We will be there from 12/28-12/30 and have BLT Lake View Studio booked, so excited and lucked out that it was available. BLT is our home resort and we are trying to decide if we should just stick with what we have or move to a resort that we have not been to yet of course if there is availability at our 7 month mark. So my question is what would you do???

If you plan to eat at the MK area or do a monorail resort tour, want to watch fireworks from outside the park then stay at BLT. If your just doing Disney Springs and relaxing at the pool etc. then I would do AKL.

I'd stick with BLT. Easier to monorail to see the decorations. Make sure to boat over to WL for the best decorations EVER!

I'd stick with BLT. Easier to monorail to see the decorations. Make sure to boat over to WL for the best decorations EVER!
While I love the WL decorations (and the boat ride to go see them :)) I personally think the GF decorations and the smell of the gingerbread house in the lobby is 'the best.' I'm also quite fond of the carousel at the BC! WDW during the holidays is so special, no matter where you stay you can visit other locations to take it all in and decide on your own favorite.

We’re going on a cruise that begins NYE, and we are also at BLT before. I would keep your reservation.

Hello fellow DVCer's. My family decided to book a 2 night trip to WDW before our non Disney Cruise in December :banana: , we will not be going to any parks, instead we will be going to Disney Springs and resort hop to check out all the Christmas Decorations. We will be there from 12/28-12/30 and have BLT Lake View Studio booked, so excited and lucked out that it was available. BLT is our home resort and we are trying to decide if we should just stick with what we have or move to a resort that we have not been to yet of course if there is availability at our 7 month mark. So my question is what would you do???

If not BLT, I would say SSR. It will put you within walking distance of DS and it gives you access to all the resorts via bus from DS.

First, we too have a stay booked pre cruise. Ours is just one night and it's just DH and I and is in Oct. I booked my home resort of BWV but DH mentioned wanting to waitlist AKV Jambo club level, just to see if we could get it. He also wanted to waitlist CCV as we love that whole VWL property. And when he found out we could pay for club level, of sorts, at the Reunion Station he definitely wanted to waitlist. Now I booked BWV so we could hop over to Epcot for F&W since we cancelled our annual F&W trip to book the cruise instead. Since we're driving down from NC and then driving to Miami for the cruise, I figured we'd get in afternoon ish and want to go to bed early. So a late afternoon jaunt into Epcot for F&W would be perfect. But our CCV waitlist came through and I booked the Reunion Station club. We now plan to go to MK and then be back at resort from 4-6 for the RS lounge. And maybe go over to Epcot at 6. Seems like a bit much so we'll see.

I voted AKV for you. Since you're not doing parks it may be tough to see the parks and know you're not going in. So I would do AKV (and savannah view to animal watch) or SSR (and request Congress Park to walk to/from DS) or even OKW. Maybe one of the VWL's would be nice too. CCV should be declaring new inventory soon so that may open up availability. Though tough to get CCV or BRV during Xmas decor time. Of your three choices, AKV would be my pick.

Thank you everyone for your input and the votes. DH and I talked and we decided that we are going to go ahead and stay where we are at. BLT is a great location and even though we are not going into any parks, we can watch the fireworks from there plus we are a monorail ride away from the Poly and GF where we are wanting to make a couple dining reservations. The only thing I will do is change our Lake View to a Theme Park view, only if it comes available for our dates :goodvibes .

Keep BLT, easy to see all the monorail resorts, plus a boat ride to WL. Plus, you get Wishes, EMP and great restaurant.

I almost said Chang to SSR-Congress Park. It’s such a great location for walking into DS.

Since you desire to see Christmas decorations at various resorts, having access to the monorail system would be a slight advantage to keeping BLT reservations. Whatever you do, be sure to visit the Boardwalk and Beach Club resorts as their decorations are fabulous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!