Help me plan solo day at Epcot!

vspenn

Earning My Ears
Hello! I'm doing my first solo trip and need help with Epcot day. I'm going in August and planning to go to Epcot on Monday. I'm staying at Boarwalk so i will have access to Extra Hours. I won't have parkhopper. is it better to:
1) go early (rope drop or close to it), walk for Intl gateway to the rides area (since booths will still be closed). ride the rides, then come back to Intl gateway making lunch out of the booths between canada and france (will be Food & Wine fest). go to hotel for afternoon for pool/rest. Then come back 6pm or so and do world showcase from france toward mexico and then late evening do whatever rides didn't do in the morning
or
2) sleep in, pool in the morning and make my way to Epcot for lunch (1pm?). work my way through world showcase france to mexico, ride rides, dinner (hit up canada to france and then backtrack back to rides? ), more rides and stay through Extra hours.
or is there another route/option you would suggest?
I've been to Epcot before, so don't need to do all rides but certainly want to do the major ones (Ratatouille, frozen, test track, guardians). I want to try to make it into Space 220 lounge (don't care what time) for a drink and an app, want to check out the festival booths and spend more time in country areas than i could with my 4yo on our last trip.
But I do know i can't make it rope drop to 11pm close without a break.
Does Intl' gateway remain open for exit after extra hours so I could walk/boat back to hotel? Do boats run that late or only way is to walk?
thank you!

Hello! I'm doing my first solo trip and need help with Epcot day. I'm going in August and planning to go to Epcot on Monday. I'm staying at Boarwalk so i will have access to Extra Hours. I won't have parkhopper. is it better to:
1) go early (rope drop or close to it), walk for Intl gateway to the rides area (since booths will still be closed). ride the rides, then come back to Intl gateway making lunch out of the booths between canada and france (will be Food & Wine fest). go to hotel for afternoon for pool/rest. Then come back 6pm or so and do world showcase from france toward mexico and then late evening do whatever rides didn't do in the morning
or
2) sleep in, pool in the morning and make my way to Epcot for lunch (1pm?). work my way through world showcase france to mexico, ride rides, dinner (hit up canada to france and then backtrack back to rides? ), more rides and stay through Extra hours.
or is there another route/option you would suggest?
I've been to Epcot before, so don't need to do all rides but certainly want to do the major ones (Ratatouille, frozen, test track, guardians). I want to try to make it into Space 220 lounge (don't care what time) for a drink and an app, want to check out the festival booths and spend more time in country areas than i could with my 4yo on our last trip.
But I do know i can't make it rope drop to 11pm close without a break.
Does Intl' gateway remain open for exit after extra hours so I could walk/boat back to hotel? Do boats run that late or only way is to walk?
thank you!

Rope Drop is always best, espeically since you are staying close and can go back to the hotel for breaks. I would hit the IG at rope drop and go straight toward Ratatouillie. It will open with the rest of the rides, even though World Showcase will remain mostly closed (Frozen does as well). You should have secured a Guardians Boarding Group, so just go to that at your alotted time. The International Gateway does remain open for all park hours, so don't worry about that. The boats should run as well as long as there are peple exiting, though it's a very short walk to Boardwalk too.

Rope drop Remy (maybe even 2-3X and don’t forget about the early entrance 1/2 hour for resort guests, and you will probably be allowed in @15 minutes before that) and get a VQ for GotG. When we were there you could actually return any time after your VQ group was called. You will be entitled to enter the 1:00 queue if you miss out on the 7 am draw as long as you have tapped into Epcot even if you are back in the room resting and you can get a second ride from the 6 pm draw. Shut down the park hitting up Remy on your way out. When we were there over the winter the end of night times were vastly overstated as they are trying to get guests to leave. IG will be open after EEHs. Friendship Boats are supposed to run for 1 hour after close of EEHs. I was literally the last person on Remy one night and made the FB back to the Swolphin.

I’m heading out for my first solo trip soon. My Epcot day plans is to hit rides in the morning then head around the world or partial then take an afternoon break. Go back for dinner and late night to finish around the world and any other rides.

Ride plan-staying at swan so Early entry head to ratatouille, then soarin, living with land, spaceship earth, test track single rider, guardians somewhere in there.

At night I’m thinking soarin again, spaceship earth again (love this ride! Lol) and frozen maybe ratatouille again on the way out.

IF the extended evening theme park hours continue for Epcot on Mondays into August, then I would definitely go with plan #2. Book a Guardians virtual line in the morning for the evening, and then arrive mid day. You would easily have enough time to do everything you want with the extended hours for deluxe guests.

We always rope drop and plan our day around the rides and sample food kiosks we have planned ahead.
Remy, Frozen, Soarin, Test Track early
Figment, Nemo, Land as possible.
We go as a group so we have to try to fit in more kiosks than as solo or a couple.
Generally we allow two days to fully do festivals but a marathon open to close trip can knock out a lot.
Genie+and LL are crucial for us on a daytrip.

I think I'd lean toward #1 if you're by yourself. Rope drop is much less stressful going solo. You definitely want a VQ for guardians. The plan as you state it is right on.

thank you everyone for all your suggestoins! i can't wait! I think i'm leaning towards #1 - rope drop, then take a break and return for the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter