Help needed -1st timer

allforpooh

DVC Member
We have decided to take the plunge and try our first cruise with the kids...DDs 11 & 18. Since we have never been on the DCL, we have so far decided June 5, 2004 Western if we choose 7 night, and Jun 13 for a 4 night-
Questions -1 - with an 18yr old and 11yr old will we be comfortable in a Cat 10? We were thinking about getting 2 rooms, or would it be better to get a larger room with everyone in it? 2 - for our first cruise should it be a 4 or 7 night? Will there be enough for our 18yr old to do?

I know there will be different opinions, but what levels do you recommend?

Thanks for all of your help!
Denise

Hi! Our first cruise was the Wonder 4 day and we didn't think it was long enough. We are going on the Magic next spring break. My son (17 now) was 15 the last time and he absolutely loved it. It was his idea to do it again--of course our 9 year old said the same thing. There is so much to do for any age group.

As far as cabin size. We have two rooms booked because our oldest son is taking a friend. He did that last time and about the only time we saw them was at dinner and the shows. They had the time of their lives. They played basketball and met a lot of new friends in the teen area. Anyway, two bathrooms was a plus especially since I was the only female;)

I am sure some more experienced cruisers will have better information. Regardless though, you will have a blast.:Pinkbounc

Sandy

Thanks, for the info -I have also been considering letting my 18yr old take a friend...

Denise

my first cruise ever was a 4 day DCL - let me just tell you from experience that if you have the option of a 4 day or a 7 day, you will KICK YOURSELF for not having gone with the 7 day.

No way anyone will get bored. Your 18yr old included. There is soooo much to do that I'm in a tizzy just trying to decide what excursions to narrow down for our cruise in August. There is PLENTY to do for everyone!!

I don't have children but I can tell you that I'm kicking myself right now that we only took the 4-night Wonder - next time we'll be on the 7-night for sure. It just wasn't long enough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter