Help needed....no ideas!

6loversofdisney

DIS Veteran
We celebrated our wedding with a honeymoon to WDW. We've gone many times between then and now with our kids and a couple without. We will go back this year for our 25th anniversary. We are taking our (now grown) kids. We have our own room, of course.

I want to do something special but am completely clueless.

When I think about doing a dinner alone with just him, I think about having to take dressy clothes and leave the kids, which I don't really think would be fun and would be very costly.

I'm at a loss.

Last time we went to WDW, we watched a young man get down on his knee and propose to his gf. It was a beautiful moment.

Another time we were in WDW, I couldn't get any good fp's so I snagged one that was priority fireworks viewing in the grassy area. Turned out to be one of the most beautiful and romantic experiences. We had someone take our pic from the back, watching the fireworks.

How do I create a similar beautiful moment without spending a ton of money?? Ugh.

Maybe you should involve your with husband and children. It is not how just you create a beautiful moment, you want to create it with your family.

One thing I can think of, I did the Epcot UnDIScovered Tour, at the end we got vip tickets to watch Illuminations that evening. There were only a few families making use of the offer, so it was really private.

Do you have any Disney photos from your honeymoon or when you took your kids when they were small that you could reenact 25 years later? I would even try to match the clothing. It would be a challenge, fun and not too costly ;)

I like ForMyBoys idea - could be a lot of fun!

I find the BC at night one of the most romantic locations. The pool area is all lit up and it's usually pretty quiet. We had dinner at the Yachtsman and then walked over to the BW taking pictures along the way. If you didn't want to do dinner you could to the reverse - start at BW, get some ice cream at Ample Creamery and stroll over to BC.

Beautiful moments at Disney don't need to cost a lot of money IMO! Just a little creativity. You know yourselves and your interests better than I do, so it will be different for you, but these are a few ideas. Going to Fort Wilderness and riding horses (reasonably priced) and then hanging out there until the camp fire sing along, roasting marshmallows and watching movie under the stars huddled together in a blanket (free), going to the beach of a resort surrounding the magic Kingdom with blankets and watching fireworks (free) going to Prime Time Cafe or Be our Guest For Lunch, which is special but less $$$ than one of the fancy restaurants where you have to get dressed up that you were talking about, and more fun! Renting your own boat at one of the resorts (a bit more money but doable) going out dancing at The Boardwalk. Remember, the magic at Disney often comes unplanned and unexpected, so I'm sure you'll have a magical time no matter what!

Beautiful moments at Disney don't need to cost a lot of money IMO! Just a little creativity. You know yourselves and your interests better than I do, so it will be different for you, but these are a few ideas. Going to Fort Wilderness and riding horses (reasonably priced) and then hanging out there until the camp fire sing along, roasting marshmallows and watching movie under the stars huddled together in a blanket (free), going to the beach of a resort surrounding the magic Kingdom with blankets and watching fireworks (free) going to Prime Time Cafe or Be our Guest For Lunch, which is special but less $$$ than one of the fancy restaurants where you have to get dressed up that you were talking about, and more fun! Renting your own boat at one of the resorts (a bit more money but doable) going out dancing at The Boardwalk. Remember, the magic at Disney often comes unplanned and unexpected, so I'm sure you'll have a magical time no matter what!

I love every single thing about this response ❤

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!