Help picking a Hotel for our WDW 2018 trip

Buzz18

lost my first account
Hey

i was just wondering if the Disboard have any advice in picking a hotel, we have been twice before but both times me and my partner have stayed at coronado springs resort but due to the work being done we are being put off staying there.

some info for you guys.

We are 29 and 32 years old with no kids
Going the last 2 weeks sept
Going for 14 days
Plan on going to Bush Gardens, Sea World, UNI x 2 so won't be in the hotel during the day time but like to relax in the evening.
Will be renting a car
Happy to stay on or off site as long as its close to WDW ( max 30 min drive to the entrance of wdw)
Happy to look at a villa but it seems a lot of money just for 2 people
We liked CSR because it didn't feel like being in the park all day
normally have free dining when we have been before but not bothered if we can't get it.

we just can't decide what to do for the best

Hi, we're also going last two weeks of September! We have always stayed in the all star Sports. We also travel as just a couple and generally don't spend time in the hotel during the day so find the value hotels suit us well and saves us a few pennies. The rooms generally have 2 double beds and are spacious enough for 2 but I assume smaller than moderate resorts. We also normally rent a car and driving from here is easy enough but be aware that if you do get a bus it is normally shared with the other 2 all stars. On the upside the sports is the first pick up of the three. If you want any more info on the all star sports I'd be happy to try and help. We haven't been since 2012 but hopefully things haven't changed that much!

Here you go

Try the " Omni Hotel " at Champions Gate.

Distance to Disney about 12 miles ( 30 min )

Just off Hwy 27 & 6 miles from Hwy 192 .... to Many eating places & on to Disney

Or Turn Left onto Hwy 27 South & join Hwy I-4 to Disney ( Turn Right on I-4 for Bush Gardens )

A wonderful area to stay with shops half a mile away

Thank you, someone recommended the best western on property too

You could try one of the good neighborhood hotels near Disney Spring - just as you'll have the nightlife which you can walk too.

I would definitely recommend any hotel around the Disney Boardwalk area (I've stayed at the Swan and Dolphin there) as there is so much to do.

As in September you've got the Epcot food and wine festival on, and if you're staying in that area you can walk over and enjoy the fun whenever you like.

When we were looking at hotels, the travel agent recommended the Avanti. Looked to be reasonably central (near the eye). No idea if it’s any good though as wanted something on-site but might be worth a look?

We have stayed both onsite and off-site. You can see from my signature the places we have stayed - if you want any info on any of them let me know. On our last trip we stayed for the first time at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. It was a really good location. If staying offsite I would look to stay there again. If you follow this link you should be able to see some pictures from my trip report.

Get yer Lugs on we're going to Disney

We love Port Orleans French Quarter. it is the smallest of the Disney hotels so everything is close by no matter which building you are in. The theme is French New Orleans as you may have guessed by the name of the hotel :flower:. you are close to Disney Springs and there is a boat ride you can take to get there and back. They only have the one pool but you can also use PORS pool as well which is within walking distance or a boat ride.

cal

It's worth looking at the good neighbours this year, there are rumours they are getting the 60 day FP window.

French Quarter gets my vote too. We stay there often and it's small enough to be relaxing but still "Disney".
Another option might be to look at renting DVC points for a studio at OKW, AKL or one of the Epcot resorts. We've done this a few times and never had a problem.
It's allowed us to stay at some resorts that would otherwise be out of our price range.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter