Help!! Transportation/Tour ?

kelbel5355

Mouseketeer
Im taking my son a special quick 3 day WDW trip.

Our plan home is at 915pm. Do you think well be able to do the behind the magic tour that ends in epcot at 4pm, make it back to all star resort to catch magical express to airport? Im guessing bus picks up guests 3 hours before flight.
Thanks kelly

Assuming a USA flight:

You'd have (approximately) 2 hours to get back to the resort, so yes.

Worst case (if something VERY unexpected happened,) you COULD
always call your own cab/Uber/Lyft to get you to the airport.

But, that would be just as a back-up.
A 2-hour (give or take) "pad" is a lot of time.

Last edited:
Assuming a USA flight:

You'd have (approximately) 2 hours to get back to the resort, so yes.

Worst case (if something VERY unexpected happened,) you COULD
always call your own cab/Uber/Lyft to get you to the airport.

But, that would be just as a back-up.
A 2-hour (give or take) "pad" is a lot of time.
Thank you!!! Hes very excited over this tour. Ill take the chance.

IMHO it would be best to take your own cab/uber/lyft from Epcot to the airport, if you have luggage you can use resort airline check-in before going to Epcot..

IMHO it would be best to take your own cab/uber/lyft from Epcot to the airport, if you have luggage you can use resort airline check-in before going to Epcot..

Tour is over at 4:00PM.
Flight leaves at 9:15PM.

That's a lot of time (over 5 hours) in-between.

Tour is over at 4:00PM.
Flight leaves at 9:15PM.

That's a lot of time (over 5 hours) in-between.

Right which means that the OP needs to be AT the airport no later than 7:15pm (recommended two hours before flight for domestic) plus about 30 minutes travel time from WDW to airport which means that the OP should be leaving WDW property no later than 6:45pm, I would say 6:30pm to be on the safe side.. My recommendation to leave to airport directly from Epcot is to allow the OP ample time after the tour is over to avoid feeling rushed and also to account for any unforeseen delays (tour runs over, delays exiting park, avoid having to travel from park back to resort, road traffic, etc.), not to mention it just doesn't make sense to go all the way back to the resort just for DME..

Last edited:

I agree with this. A real waste of time to go back to the resort to catch DME when it could be spent enjoying the park.

Right which means that the OP needs to be AT the airport no later than 7:15pm (recommended two hours before flight for domestic) plus about 30 minutes travel time from WDW to airport which means that the OP should be leaving WDW property no later than 6:45pm, I would say 6:30pm to be on the safe side.. My recommendation to leave to airport directly from Epcot is to allow the OP ample time after the tour is over to avoid feeling rushed and also to account for any unforeseen delays (tour runs over, delays exiting park, avoid having to travel from park back to resort, road traffic, etc.)

The OP will have 2 hours or so to get back to AS from Epcot, at which point they can catch DME and be fine. That is plenty of time.

If they're flying home on a participating airline, yes.
the OP should be leaving WDW property no later than 6:45pm, I would say 6:30pm to be on the safe side.
DME would pick up at the resort. It's possible some people would prefer to spend the time to save the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!