Help us dis you're our only hope!

I'm sure we will do something with it, but it's not that complicated. The linking procedure should be the same as a normal MagicBand. As for the use, I did the demo during the last big media event in May. As you approach the statues, the band will vibrate and light up, letting you know you can interact. You wave and it does the special little moment and then gets added to your app as an unlockable character once you get home. The Bounty Hunter game is different as they just talked about it but didn't demo it for us, but I assume it is an offshoot of what you already do in Play Disney Parks inside Galaxy's Edge. For fireworks and the beacons, I believe it's just the next generation of the magic ears they used to sell at Disneyland/WDW.

I'm sure we will do something with it, but it's not that complicated. The linking procedure should be the same as a normal MagicBand.
Thanks Craig! I was more concerned about making sure the band is "up to date and paired to a device."
Wondering how the pairing to the device happens and what happens if you have travel members, particularly kids, who do not have devices and will have to be paired with an adult who may have their own paired band.

Thanks Craig! I was more concerned about making sure the band is "up to date and paired to a device."
Wondering how the pairing to the device happens and what happens if you have travel members, particularly kids, who do not have devices and will have to be paired with an adult who may have their own paired band.
I was ready to buy for everyone in our group for our August trip (purposefully hadn't purchased new MBs yet), but this is sounding like the pain factor is going to be higher than the payback factor. Our daughter is also bringing a friend so if you have to jump through hoops of downloading MDE and setting up an account for the the two or three things that MB+ will do right now, it might not be worth it right now -- it's not the cost, it's the potential setup linking headaches especially with a one-time non family member in our group. It's one thing for us regulars, but even then my wife and daughter don't have MDE accounts and I manage it all through mine. So if MB+ is going to mean everyone has to set up accounts just for linking MB+, then it may be a pass (until it does something that is beyond novelty and is truly value add--I didn't even bother with Play Disney Parks for similar reasons). Anyway, some walkthroughs and reviews after the go-live date will be super helpful for all this.

Thanks for your video @Teleclashter it showed exactly what I was questioning!
Has anyone from the dis tried pairing a mb+ with an android phone? I've read there are issues. We have both android and iPhone users in the group so it would be helpful to know if they iPhone user should be the designated "pairer."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter