Help? What is best way to switch PS with someone who is cancelling?

khopper

Earning My Ears
We have been lucky enough to find someone who was cancelling CRT for a date we needed. This is our first trip and I really am worried about not being able to make a successful switch.

What is the best way to transfer with someone? Timed calls, conference call??

Please let me know any of your thoughts, Thanks

:( :confused: :Pinkbounc

and I called at the same time as the person who was cancelling. I knew how many the reservation was for and the exact time. I got a great CM that I explained what was going on and she just kept checking. Since the other person is cancelling they are sent to a different department so the credit is done on the credit card. The person who was cancelling had an odd number of people and a large party so it was easy for the CM to see as soon as it became available and she immediately put my reservation in. It still left 4 other seats. Just make sure you call around the same time and explain it nicely. They are really considerate.
Good Luck

Wouldn't it be easiest to not call Disney at all and just use the person's name who made the reservation? You could send them a check for their deposit.

You could have the original person call and say that the number of people is now...and we would like to change the name to.....and the credit card number to.... If it is somebody you know really well and are willing to give your credit card number too. Or just pay them for their deposit.

When I found someone who was cancelling CRT (the day, time, and size of party was perfect for us). We did a three way call. Both of us where on the phone. We called Disney Dine and they were way cool about it!! First she cancelled and had her credit card credited. The CM was ready to just pick up my ressie right away. It worked like a charm. I called before we did it to find out our options and was told - No transfers! We would have to cancell and take our chances of picking up the open time. By doing a three way call he took my info before he cancelled. That way he was ready and was no delay in hopes of not loosing it (always a possibility).

Good luck!!!

According to Disney they are checking ID for this meal so you are better off trying to switch the Priority Seating then showing up for someone else's and taking the chance of being turned away.

Good luck with making the switch! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter