Help with February trip itinerary !

You could go to the Dole Plantation on your way up to the North Shore via the H2/99 to get some Dole Whip to fulfill that craving. They even have little pineapple plastic souvenir cups.

https://www.doleplantation.com
They have tours, maze and gift shop...

I would suggest coming back through the H3. It is an amazing drive with some absolutely gorgeous views.

Thank you!

The tickets that you book 60 days out are for times after 11am, earlier times are only available by lining up on the actual day when the office opens at 7am - first tour is at 7.30am.

I also read that the day before they have limited "free" tickets for the 7:30 am tour, if you miss the 11am one or want to try and get an earlier one.

Damn you will be leaving as I am arriving sorry i missed you.

OK I did not see any plans to visit the Aloha Swap Meet. This is a must for us and well worth it even if we have to uber it. Best place to pick up souvenirs open on Sat - Sun and Wed they have a web site.

I also did not see a whale watching trip you will be there during whale season we always go out on the breakfast cruise aboard the Honolulu Star.

We are Foodies as well Not impressed by the restaurants at the resort to expensive also Monkey Pod across the street not a fan either. However there was a Mexican place and a Hawaiian BBQ place across the street that we both good. If you have a car then I would recommend that you find the shopping center where the local Target is at it is also close to our favorite first stop on the way in from the airport for supplies and Alcohol; Costco In that and around that area we found ourselves some really good eats the Ramen shop there was so good we did it twice.

Also Giovannis not the one closet to the resort but further up the north shore worth the drive if husband is a foodie better selection close to Uncle Woody BBQ corn (goes great with the sauce from the shrimp) and Mike's Huli Huli chicken is near there as well.

BOOK PEARL AT 60 DAY WINDOW through the recreation.gov site I made the HUGE mistake of not doing that on my last visit. Also PEARL is all you need to see there was not impressed by the Pacific Air museum but USS Missouri was nice and full of history.

Leonard's for Malasada's they have a truck parked in a shopping center very near the hotel. They are great not to be missed and they always make my diabetes happy.

Luau - Polynesian Cultural Center was nice and had a lot to do there to keep everybody entertained. Did the one at the hotel I will never pay for that ever again it was a huge disappointment food wad not very good and since we did not do the VIP tickets we felt like Disney treated us like second class citizens. Only tea and water for drinks as you even had to pay extra for soft drinks. We have not done Paradise cove but we may this time as with our 2 prior trips at 5 pm I swear it looked like ants leaving the resort walking over to Paradise Cove it made the Dave Mathews song get stuck in my head.

Dole plantation only if you want to go into the shop for something as they don't take you on any kind of a tour to show you how pineapples are grown and the for some strange reason the Dole Whip at the resort was better. But I would go to the store there as there was a lot of good things there.

These are just a few of our favorite things to do.

We arrive on the 22nd as we are escaping New Orleans for Mardi Gras

OK I did not see any plans to visit the Aloha Swap Meet. This is a must for us and well worth it even if we have to uber it. Best place to pick up souvenirs open on Sat - Sun and Wed they have a web site.
For the OP, if you decide to visit the Swap Meet, its best combined with a Pearl Harbor day if you can swing it. I believe the Swap Meet is open until 3-4pm on the days PP references and its virtually across the street from Pearl Harbor. Makes it easy to do both.

I will caution that we were not impressed with the Swap Meet - they do have cheap souvenirs, but many of the booths had the same items and we saw most of it at ABC Stores all over the island. It was a one and done for us. Clearly, just personal preference.

Luau - Polynesian Cultural Center was nice and had a lot to do there to keep everybody entertained.
Just an FYI for the OP that they do not serve alcohol at this luau if that's a concern. The Center is run by the LDS church.

Dole plantation only if you want to go into the shop for something as they don't take you on any kind of a tour to show you how pineapples are grown
The train ride takes you through the fields where pineapples and other fruit are grown. It has narration that explains more information on it.

This is all very helpful info! Keep the tips coming. I'm making notes and changes as I receive these helpful tips! Thanks to all.

Agree on the not enough time for waikiki after pearl harbor. Luaus are expensive and it is time to dress to the max.

Also for the AF Veteran, I would do the Hale Koa luau, all lot cheaper and they do patriotic stuff he would like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter