Help with FP strategy

SummerGirl

Mouseketeer
My family (1 A, 3 C) is staying at the YC/BCV in June for 7 nights. On our first day, we would like to RD Epcot. My parents will be arriving late morning probably 11ish, and they like to start their trip at MK. Help me with the FP strategy. Should we try to do as much as we can/want at Epcot w/out a FP, and just make 3 for MK when we join my parents? Or should I make 1 for Epcot, then pick up 2 more at MK after we hit the first? We will have more than 1 day at Epcot so we will have more opportunity to do additional rides. In fact that evening is EMH at Epcot so we will probably leave MK later in the day to head back to Epcot.

One last question…..we have never rode FEA. Since we are staying at YC, should we head to that ride first? Will it be open at 9? Thanks so much!!

If you are only spending a few hours at Epcot that morning and are rope dropping, I wouldn't get any FPs for Epcot and just use them all at MK with your parents. Within the first 2 hours, you can get a lot done at Epcot. Yes, FEA opens at 9am, although the rest of World Showcase does not. Of course, if you want to ride 2 Tier 1 rides at Epcot, it doesn't hurt to FP one and RD the other.

My family (1 A, 3 C) is staying at the YC/BCV in June for 7 nights. On our first day, we would like to RD Epcot. My parents will be arriving late morning probably 11ish, and they like to start their trip at MK. Help me with the FP strategy. Should we try to do as much as we can/want at Epcot w/out a FP, and just make 3 for MK when we join my parents? Or should I make 1 for Epcot, then pick up 2 more at MK after we hit the first? We will have more than 1 day at Epcot so we will have more opportunity to do additional rides. In fact that evening is EMH at Epcot so we will probably leave MK later in the day to head back to Epcot.

One last question…..we have never rode FEA. Since we are staying at YC, should we head to that ride first? Will it be open at 9? Thanks so much!!

FEA opens at park open, and is a good choice to get done immediately before lines build.

You can get plenty done in 2 hours at Epcot without a fastpass. I would use all 3 fastpasses at MK.

To get to MK from Epcot by 11:00 you will need to exit the park around 10:15. Fastpassing the most crowded time of the day at MK makes the most sense. Trying to pick up day of fastpasses at MK will work but you will be flying by the seat of your pants a bit.

You can easily do 3 headliners at Epcot and then FP 3 more headliners at MK in my opinion.

Thank you so much for all your responses!! I felt the same way regarding waiting on my 3 FP for MK. In years past we have been able to accomplish quite a bit at Epcot in a "short" amount of time. Soarin' is definitely my kids favorite, but since we will be coming in on the World Showcase side & have never ridden FEA, I figured we should try it first?? I don't have to be at MK at specifically 11 so, I do have some flexibility....well, until I book my FP anyway! :) Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter