Help with MDE

Owain James

Earning My Ears
Needing advice in regards to MDE.

My parents have booked AKL for them and myself that included park tickets with memory maker and free DDP.

We have booked through Virgin Holidays and when using MDE, I have used my fathers previous account which was last used in 2015 that has other family members included and also inactive magic bands etc.

Im confused as now when linking the reservation, the three guests are new additions to the account. This is confusing as when selecting meal reservations I have to make sure I am selecting the guest that matches the new reservation and not the old magic card guest (some are the same name).

Just wondering if there was a simpler way of setting up your reservation other than what seems the complicated route I've taken. Also the account I'm using (Fathers), isn't linked as a guest in the reservation so If for instance I want to add Fantasmic to my planner, I have to select all guests on the reservation and then also the (Me) account is selected with no option to remove.

To add to this, I can only currently make ADR for 180 days to each day and not the additional 10 day benefit for Disney Resort Guests.

Sorry if this makes no sense, just really confused.

I think the simplest way might be to create your own account and link the reservation. I have linked a reservation booked in my husbands name to my MDE with no problem.

I may have misunderstood, but whilst linking guests to a dining reservation allows them to see the reservation in their MDE, you don't have to link them for reservation to be valid, (just the number of people dining)

Hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!