Help with Planning

mom23boys

DIS Veteran
Here is my situation, My family, DS and family and Inlaws will all be going to BCV next August 21-26 (Sun-Thurs). I currently reserved one 2bedroom and 2 studios. That comes to 300 points. We have 150 points a year so we will use 2004/2005 points. I need additional rooms for Friday and Sat the 19/20 because we want to spend more time at Disney, SeaWorld, Kennedy. This will be for my Family only, my DS and Inlaws are on their own for those nights.

My question is should I use 2006 points for Fri/Sat or stay at AllStar Sports (my DS wants this option). I really do not want to use 2006 points, but I do not want to spend nearly $500 (we need two rooms) for All stars. I know I have some time to think about it but I am a planner who needs a life.

BTW, adding on points is not an option right now. Just thought I would through that in because I will get lots of responses to that.;)

I would do all the Disney touring Sunday - Thursday. I would stay off site for the Friday & Saturday - somewhere near Sea World, probably. There are some reasonably priced suites/condos in that area that will run you less than the $500 you think AS Movies would cost. I do not recommend staying at a Disney resort if you are not doing Disney - why bother with the traffic and crowds if you don't need to.

The Sea World area wouldn't be too bad for a jaunt over to Kenneday Space Center, either. Sea World will take at least a day and you will need a day for the Space Center as well, especially if you factor in drive time.

Best wishes -

If your total days will be 8, I would definitely looking at getting AP's . The AP rates for All Stars Sports has been as low as $55 per room per night:wave:

What would it cost you to stay put at BCV and pay cash for Friday & Saturday?::MickeyMo

Originally posted by Doug Wolfe
What would it cost you to stay put at BCV and pay cash for Friday & Saturday?::MickeyMo
:teeth: More than staying at one of the All Star resorts! :teeth:

Staying put is a good thing, but if my plans for the Friday and Saturday were Sea World and the Kennedy Space Center, I would not spend the points or the $$ (even if I got a discount, LOL) to stay at the BCV. I'd move - to somewhere off site.

Best wishes -

Yes, staying at BCV is definitly more expensive $420 plus tax/night with discount. Saratoga was $379 plus tax with discount. I think we should look into at least one AP for the discount or moving off site.

Getting two rooms is a pain. But we promised my DS and Inlaws one vacation and doing it together will work out better than having to do this again in a couple of years.

They are each buying us one Adult 5 day park hoppers (my oldest will be 11) so that saves us money. But $379 is a lot of money for a room.

Thanks for all your replys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter