Help with #'s

petunia

DIS Veteran
We are booked with bounceback offer from last year for a stay from Aug 12-20, 6 "adults" at AoA with 4 day tix plus option, no hopper, with qsdp..Our total was about $5900.

I have to make some changes to reservation and would like to make sure I get the correct amount when I call, as sometimes when I call there are other fees, like insurance or hoppers added that I dont want, so Im trying to gauge how much my total should be after my changes, but find it hard to figure out.

I need to remove 1 night at the end of our stay, making it 12-19, remove 1 day park pass, making it a 3 day, and upgrade to ddp from qsdp (which we should have to only the difference for)

Is this possible to calculate?

Thanks in advance.

I tried to remove days from the end of my BB trip last year, and was only able t do so if I changed my view category.

You can only make changes if there is inventory for the specific dates you are seeking. As wilkeliza has stated, you may bee seeing a huge difference.

I tried to remove days from the end of my BB trip last year, and was only able t do so if I changed my view category.

You can only make changes if there is inventory for the specific dates you are seeking. As wilkeliza has stated, you may bee seeing a huge difference.
Really? Why would this be? They already have that room blocked off and are really just dropping one night off. Is this something new? I have made many bounce backs before and each and every time I have made date changes. As long as the dates fell within the original window of the promotion, it was fine.

Really? Why would this be? They already have that room blocked off and are really just dropping one night off. Is this something new? I have made many bounce backs before and each and every time I have made date changes. As long as the dates fell within the original window of the promotion, it was fine.

I am not saying you cannot do this. I am saying that it is a new reservation and if the inventory does not match they will not "apply" the bounce back. There is no more adding or dropping days. I have made changes and had no issues, but that was because the inventory for that particular offer was there.

I am not saying you cannot do this. I am saying that it is a new reservation and if the inventory does not match they will not "apply" the bounce back. There is no more adding or dropping days. I have made changes and had no issues, but that was because the inventory for that particular offer was there.

Even if my inventory is clearly there, as I would be dropping a day? Oh my:sad2:now Im scared to call

As long as you are not going from a package to a room only( or vice versa) it will not be considered a "new" reservation. Your reservation number doesn't change. I can see trying to get different dates where there is no room available under that promotion but dropping a day off of one you already have? I can't see there reasoning for not allowing this.

As long as you are not going from a package to a room only( or vice versa) it will not be considered a "new" reservation. Your reservation number doesn't change. I can see trying to get different dates where there is no room available under that promotion but dropping a day off of one you already have? I can't see there reasoning for not allowing this.

Okay, let me rephrase. Disney has changed things a bit. If you have an offer in place, whether it is a BB, FD or RO, and then you want to change your date, it is not automatic. You can add a days or drop days if the NEW block of dates is available in the inventory set aside for the specific offer you are already reserved under. I wanted to reduce the number of days on my last trip. It was a BB and my reservation was Standard view. I was able to reduce the number of nights, but all that was left in the inventory was Garden view. I took it. If there was no inventory left for the offer that I was currently booked under, I would have been able to make the change, but would then be charged rack rate, and that is in effect to add or subtract days.

Okay, let me rephrase. Disney has changed things a bit. If you have an offer in place, whether it is a BB, FD or RO, and then you want to change your date, it is not automatic. You can add a days or drop days if the NEW block of dates is available in the inventory set aside for the specific offer you are already reserved under. I wanted to reduce the number of days on my last trip. It was a BB and my reservation was Standard view. I was able to reduce the number of nights, but all that was left in the inventory was Garden view. I took it. If there was no inventory left for the offer that I was currently booked under, I would have been able to make the change, but would then be charged rack rate, and that is in effect to add or subtract days.

This is correct. Disney has changed the policy for taking nights away, so it's not as easy to do now as it's been in the past. As stated above, it's not automatic. Sometimes what you have booked is available, so the change is easily made. Other times, you might have to change your room category in order to shorten your stay and keep the discount.

Please report back once you do. I am very interested to see how they are now handling things.

So I was able to drop a day but maybe it was because I was also upgrading from qsdp to ddp, so I had to pay a difference of $186, so they weren't lowering my cost, but actually increasing it?

Looks like you kept your BB then. I am glad that it worked out for you. I am still puzzled why Disney feels the need to change this policy. I can completely understand that adding a day might not be possible but to delete a day? You already have the room so that makes no sense.

Looks like you kept your BB then. I am glad that it worked out for you. I am still puzzled why Disney feels the need to change this policy. I can completely understand that adding a day might not be possible but to delete a day? You already have the room so that makes no sense.

Yes, thats what I was thinking, I understand if there isnt availability to add, but if Im dropping a day, then obviously the rest of my stay is still available from my initial booking..

They changed it to try and prevent over booking days and reducing later. It is much harder for them to book that 1 day out to someone else so if you book 7 but only want 6 they don't want to be left getting 0 for that one night. So either you'll forfit your discount, choose to stay the same length, choose to not come at all, or be one of the lucky ones that gets a CM who will get Gr involved. As this becomes standard and not new I have a feeling GR will get involved less and less.

Yes, thats what I was thinking, I understand if there isnt availability to add, but if Im dropping a day, then obviously the rest of my stay is still available from my initial booking..

Not always. As happened to me, my standard view BB for 7 nights was not available for 5 nights when I wanted to drop two nights from my original booking. I did accept the 5 nights garden view because it still was an acceptable cost for me.

Disney only will allow "rebooking" an offer when the dates are still available in their inventory. I have no idea how their system works, but you are actually booking a new reservation, not applying a discount to the one you already have. I just moved my 2017 BB to 2018. It is no longer a BB. It is a new reservation at a different resort, but I kept my original reservation number. I have moved al over the place with BB offers in the past, from changing resorts to adding days on. I kept the same reservation number, but needed to choose from available inventory.

Not always. As happened to me, my standard view BB for 7 nights was not available for 5 nights when I wanted to drop two nights from my original booking. I did accept the 5 nights garden view because it still was an acceptable cost for me.

Disney only will allow "rebooking" an offer when the dates are still available in their inventory. I have no idea how their system works, but you are actually booking a new reservation, not applying a discount to the one you already have. I just moved my 2017 BB to 2018. It is no longer a BB. It is a new reservation at a different resort, but I kept my original reservation number. I have moved al over the place with BB offers in the past, from changing resorts to adding days on. I kept the same reservation number, but needed to choose from available inventory.
The issue that I see with this is that your dates are no longer covered on your new booking. A 2017 BB can not be applied to a 2018 trip.
I see the reasoning behind them not wanting people to change but I feel like it is not going to fly with their customers if this is truly 100% implemented. Until the airlines start releasing flights earlier, Disney will deal with changes....

This has been in play for a while - some are successful in changes, some are not. The problem is OP booked rooms, Disney continued to book rooms for nights left. OP drops room and now Disney is left with an empty room for one night. Not many folks book a room for one night.

I think they were having issues with folks booking to cover their what ifs coming and going to secure the room/bounceback/special offer but when it came to other details of trip, like cheapest plane flights, they then were adjusting in/out days ... costing Disney money.

The issue that I see with this is that your dates are no longer covered on your new booking. A 2017 BB can not be applied to a 2018 trip.
I see the reasoning behind them not wanting people to change but I feel like it is not going to fly with their customers if this is truly 100% implemented. Until the airlines start releasing flights earlier, Disney will deal with changes....

I had boooked a BB for my 2016 trip and when I wanted to drop a few days I needed to take a different view. There were none left in that offer inventory for the "new" booking.

I understand that this makes no sense to some, but the bottom line is that no matter what offer someone books with, if they want to change the length of stay by adding or dropping a day, they may not be able to keep the discount. Even though they keep the same reservation number, they actually are making a NEW reservation, so the dates need to be open in the remaining offer inventory.

The same holds true when someone books a room in anticipation of Free Dining. DIsney no longer "applies" the offer to the existing reservation. They actually are booking a new one, so the dates need to be available in the inventory that is set aside for that offer.

Once the FD reservation is booked, if you call to change the date, add a day, drop a day, The process is the same, the days need to be available in the remaining inventory for that offer. If not you are out of luck.

DIsney has been doing this for years, but the difference is that lately there are fewer rooms available in the offer inventory so moving days is much harder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter