Help with which rides are okay for hubby

TukityTukers

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a trip for far in the future (if our budget works out), but I'm trying to get a feel for which rides my hubby can and can't do.

He'd never really been on a roller coaster before he met me, so I took him to Disneyland where the coasters are easier and he tried a few. He can't do California Screamin' or Big Thunder Mountain because the up-down sensation makes him feel sick and he hates going upside down on a ride. He can ride Space Mountain, however.

Also, he's terrified of Tower of Terror. He even grabbed the leg of the lady next to us because he was so scared. Can we go through the queue to see the theming and story and then cut out at the end? Is it worth doing this?

FYI, none of the Big Thunder Mountain roller coasters at any Disney park go upside down.

(The only Space Mountain coaster with a loop is at Disneyland Paris.)

At Disney's Japanese parks, the only looping roller coaster is Raging Spirits at Tokyo Dinsey Sea.

As for Tower of Terror, yes you can go through the queue and take the chicken exit. I recommend the Disney Sea version because it does not have any Twilight Zone theming, and instead uses a cursed statue to tell the story. (Even though I don't speak any Japanese, I think this story makes more sense than the Twilight Zone storyline in DCA and DHS.) My only caution is that he might confuse the cast members, who speak some English, but may not be fluent. As soon as he makes it clear that he is not going to board the cursed elevator, they should take care of him just fine. :)

Thanks for the info!

I know Big Thunder Mountain doesn't have a loop, but it makes him feel sick, whereas Space Mountain doesn't. It might be because SM is smoother or it could be that SM goes in tight circles more than the up and down motion that makes his stomach all fluttery (in a bad way).

Two rides for him to avoid at TDS: ToT and Raging Spirits. At TDL, the usual suspects such as Space Mountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter