Here is a DUmb Question for the Podcast crew

drakethib

DIS Veteran
Where did the catchy theme music for the intro come from?

Did someone custom write it for the show?

Is it an excerpt from a song or something?

I know not why I ask this, but it is always something that pops in my head where I listen to the podcast.

Okay, mark that down as dumbest question ever asked on this forum.

Not a dumb question - I will need to look up the answer but Pete did answer this question quite a while ago. He basically said there are cds that have music of intros/exits where you don't have to pay royalties and the catchy tune they picked was off one such disk.

darn it - WO - you beat me to it! totally OT, but what happened to your tags, WO???

I think pete tells us where in one of the old pod casts when he first started playing the music

I believe Bawb provides the music for the Podcast. Then Pete pays Bawb royalties for using his music.

Dennis-

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Not a dumb question - I will need to look up the answer but Pete did answer this question quite a while ago. He basically said there are cds that have music of intros/exits where you don't have to pay royalties and the catchy tune they picked was off one such disk.

darn it - WO - you beat me to it! totally OT, but what happened to your tags, WO???

it would seem if you update the caption on your avatar it blows out all the tags... oh well. I still remember them.

I actually had Pete email me the song because I love it so much and wanted to use it as my ringtone (true sign of a DISUnplugged junkie).

He was nice enough to send me the intro and the ending that he uses on the show and the full version of the song. The file name on the full-length song (which is about 1 minute long) is rock-stnd-certitude.

HTH!

You mean to tell me that Kevin's not jammin' on the guitar prior to every show? Totally killed it for me guys, thanks!!!! :rotfl:

It is from a Podcast convention that Pete went to and as others have said, it is one of many free pieces of music that folks provide for podcasters.

Yeah - not a dumb question, drake. I emailed that question in a week or two ago. Was trying to ask a unique question in hopes of getting a pin... How did I miss that on the old podcast episodes? Guess I'll have to go back and re-re-listen. What a chore.... (not) ;)

I think it was an email show. he ended the show by playing the entire loop. its about a minute long. I think it was a July or August podcast email show. Now I have to look for it too......its starting to erk me that I can't remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter