Here now (Halloween) and crowds are fantastic!

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I’m here at DL now. Just as they were last Halloween, crowds are exceptionally low. I’d say they’re about half of what one would expect on a typical day. I didn’t get into the park until about 8:30 (long story) and even then Mr. Toad was about a three-minute wait. Dunno was the same. PP was probably only 29 minutes.

I flew in from Chicago last night and after my car hadn’t been started in eight days, I knew it would be dead. So I spent half an hour getting it charged, etc for this morning. Despite my efforts, when I came out to leave this morning, it was as dead as it could be. Ultimately, after about 90 minutes of sleep, I was able to get on the road. That was at about 7:20. I usually arrive at the park gates before that time. To my surprise, traffic was much lighter than expected and I walked into the park at around 8:30.

I dressed as Willy Wonka today... surprising absolutely no one. Here are a select few pics from this morning. You’ll all notice that I wore my top hat on Hyperspace Mountain ;-).
51676CBE-FA8A-4F0C-A577-97057147938D.jpeg

AC391650-63A0-47ED-BCAB-E91327BCA430.jpeg

The line for Mr. Toad at around 8:40. Very short, in view of what it usually is
17B23060-517E-44A4-92F2-F21C63AC33CC.jpeg

Tomorrowland around 9:00. So few people!
397E97E0-361C-48A7-AA86-F064B1F0E0A3.jpeg

I rode Buzz abut nine times in a row because the line simply never got long. It’s 12:15 and I haven’t pulled a single FP yet.
EFE8C902-6D9B-4D06-9B09-A0D02205D79C.jpeg

Wonka: have top hat, will hyperspace travel.
IMG_0314.JPG

223E8A06-DF0F-4B3D-A920-8F56E0B1A7B0.jpeg

Last edited:
Have fun for the rest of us! I am stuck at work, but at least I'm Belle for the day so I have a little Disney with me. I always love when you dress up, that is a great vest!
Thank you! I had to find the material and have it custom made :-).

for me, and especially before 9am on a weekday it's usually very low crowds. I've noticed that about 11am it gets a little more, then again around 4 or 5pm. Glad you are having a great time! Slow down and enjoy the atmosphere during the slow times, it's quite immersive.

I'm also here today and my dh and I didnt get into the parks until close to 9 and toy story was basically a walk on. We did it twice in a row.

What’s your strategy with Buzz? Do you go for the Zurg in the last room, or just high value targets?

I finally got 1.4 million (which was enough for 3rd on that day) but got super lucky with like a 45 second ride stop in perfect place for some diamond/triangle hits...

I can’t seem to ever hit the Zurg target in the last room (do you have to hold the gun higher up to get a more straight on shot?) but I can hit the first guy... sometimes five or six times, but often that only results in a 700k-900k run...

A few more pics:

A small portion of the wall has come down -- the part closest to Plaza Inn.
IMG_0309.jpg

This was the line for POTC at around 2:00. The line for Buzz Lightyear was even shorter.
IMG_0302.jpg

New pins for November.
IMG_0304.jpg

And one last pic. This is the homemade Wonka bar that usually accompanies my costume. But I didn’t want to carry it around all day. Then again, if I had, not as many people would have guessed that I was The Mad Hatter. And for anyone that’s interested, yes, there is a screen-accurate Golden Ticket inside. Also made it myself :-).
56B0D870-A69E-4B11-970A-B8B6BF1EC04F.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter