We will also be at Epcot on the 11th!! And particular reason you want to get there first? I am looking forward to a relaxed morning and a ride on the skyliner.

Wow, this is fabulous! Thank you! I made my Mears ressies today since we are six adults so Uber wont work since I want all of us to be together.

Anyway, I have a question. I am walking from Speedway since I want to get to Epcot early and be among the first waiting for temperature check.
Would it be best for me to just walk straight after crossing the street and go right through BW and then walk through the resort onto the actual BW and walk to Epcot?

We will be ar Epcot on Wednesday, November 11, which is Veteran’s Day.

I have Mears picking us up at SSR at 8:30 am. Is that enough time? This was very helpful. Thank you again!
Yes you can walk straight into boardwalk but instead of walking past the security gate take a right after crossing the street and enter where the buses come and go, there's a walkway.

10/29 HS report. Crowds definitely thinned out in the afternoon. We were in by 945, in line for slinky, got BG 21. We left Riviera via skyliner around 905. I would have Ubered but my husband misunderstood what I was saying. We were able to do SDD, Aliens twice, TSMania (said 45, we were off the ride in 17) and the line did get way shorter at the end of the day. Rode Rise, ate lunch, rode Tower (said 25 minutes, more like 35/40, I stayed with the baby, they hit a cleaning cycle about 5 cars before them). Rode Rise for rider swap, MFalcon (husband didn’t like but I found out he let the kids be the pilots so...😬). We headed out of the park around 415 but then stopped because we saw a cavalcade and then let the kids shop. I messed up because I thought the park was open until 8. We wanted to go back to ride MMRR and SDD one more time , which would have been possible but when I double checked, it closed at 7 and we finished dinner at 625 at Beaches and Cream. My mistake but we have 3 small kids. I could have planned that dinner better and we would have finished everything we wanted but I was excited for BNC but definitely not worth leaving HS when the crowds had died down. Lesson learned. All in all we had a great day. Masks were hot

We never had a wait for one.. at least not at MK or AK. (Last week)
i have to use sometimes and have had to wait at both of parks you mention so it does happen. granted not since closure but it is still worth mentioned. one time I was taking longer than family with young child wanted and they kept banging on door complaining esp when child didnt make the wait

Wow, this is fabulous! Thank you! I made my Mears ressies today since we are six adults so Uber wont work since I want all of us to be together.

Anyway, I have a question. I am walking from Speedway since I want to get to Epcot early and be among the first waiting for temperature check.
Would it be best for me to just walk straight after crossing the street and go right through BW and then walk through the resort onto the actual BW and walk to Epcot?

We will be ar Epcot on Wednesday, November 11, which is Veteran’s Day.

I have Mears picking us up at SSR at 8:30 am. Is that enough time? This was very helpful. Thank you again!

I would make sure that Mears IS going to pick you up. I would verify it again.
Why? Because we had an important pickup that was scheduled the night before at concierge. The time came and went and we were NOt picked up! So, we hailed a cab which was waiting, and got to where we were going late.
I learned my lesson with Mears, and never again. No phone call saying they would be late or not at all, just a no show. So if this is very important to your group, you might want to call once or twice to verify pick up.

Yes you can walk straight into boardwalk but instead of walking past the security gate take a right after crossing the street and enter where the buses come and go, there's a walkway.

Thank you. So, I am going to the street and walk past the Bordwalk sign and keep going right until I see another entrance?

Thank you.

I would make sure that Mears IS going to pick you up. I would verify it again.
Why? Because we had an important pickup that was scheduled the night before at concierge. The time came and went and we were NOt picked up! So, we hailed a cab which was waiting, and got to where we were going late.
I learned my lesson with Mears, and never again. No phone call saying they would be late or not at all, just a no show. So if this is very important to your group, you might want to call once or twice to verify pick up.

Thank you. Their website said they would confirm with me the day prior but if they dont, I will call and call again in the morning of Epcot and day of dinner.

Also, did they charge you? I gave my credit card and the invoices (three) all have the information and payments. Did you get charged for the no show?

I have used the search, but we may try to Uber next Tuesday to MK from Universal. Wasn't in the original plan, I just can't handle not getting some Disney!

So - Uber will drop us off at TTC, correct? But what is confusing is what time are they allowed to do so? I am not so sure about trying to get passed security at Contemporary to use the walk way is a good idea.

I have used the search, but we may try to Uber next Tuesday to MK from Universal. Wasn't in the original plan, I just can't handle not getting some Disney!

So - Uber will drop us off at TTC, correct? But what is confusing is what time are they allowed to do so? I am not so sure about trying to get passed security at Contemporary to use the walk way is a good idea.
Hi from another mom in Colorado! :wave2:

When we were there two weeks ago, the TTC parking lot (which I assume is where Uber drops off) was open about 45 minutes prior to MK opening. We arrived at 8:05 both days we were at MK (9:00 park opening), and one of the days they were letting people into the parking lot shortly thereafter. The second time it was 8:16 when the line started moving.

Thank you. So, I am going to the street and walk past the Bordwalk sign and keep going right until I see another entrance?

Thank you.
Yes, if you're familiar with boardwalk is where the buses come out, by the convention center, pull up Google maps and satellite view and you'll see it

Yes, if you're familiar with boardwalk is where the buses come out, by the convention center, pull up Google maps and satellite view and you'll see it

Thank you. I am fairly familiar with the BW areaside of the BW not so much the front but I will walk past the sign and I am sure I will then see the street for the bus. I really appreciate the video and all the help and really enjoy reading your posts in the DVC area. Thanks again.

i have to use sometimes and have had to wait at both of parks you mention so it does happen. granted not since closure but it is still worth mentioned. one time I was taking longer than family with young child wanted and they kept banging on door complaining esp when child didnt make the wait

That's completely unacceptable for someone to be bothering a person in the family/handicap bathroom. I have had to use the bathroom in a port-o-potty when tipsy at a concert or tried to use the bathroom when wearing a wet bathing suit, Halloween costume, or several layers of winter clothing, like skiing, or with luggage. It's really difficult. I can't even imagine how hard it is to use the restroom when in a wheelchair or with accessibility issues. Also, sometimes people that those rooms don't have good bodily control. That family could have just used a stall. That's what we did with our son, and I have seen families cram into a stall with a mom and 2 or 3 kids when necessary. I don't mind families using the separate room, but they really need to be reserved for people that need the space and privacy, even potentially for getting out of clothing or garments to even use the bathroom. I don't even use the accessible stall in a regular bathroom if other stalls are available.

Yes, i was there this morning, arrived by car, the toll plaza opened at 8:10, i was the third car parked, was inside mk at 8:25

Do you mind to give a little more detail? We will be coming from AofA and I have my own car. I assume you're referring to the toll plaza at TTC? I've actually never driven to the parks before so I'm a little unfamiliar with all of this lol. Once parked at TTC, we get on the monorail to the MK, correct? Thanks!

Do you mind to give a little more detail? We will be coming from AofA and I have my own car. I assume you're referring to the toll plaza at TTC? I've actually never driven to the parks before so I'm a little unfamiliar with all of this lol. Once parked at TTC, we get on the monorail to the MK, correct? Thanks!
either the monorail or the ferry boat will get you to MK from the TTC

either the monorail or the ferry boat will get you to MK from the TTC
Plus they often have buses running from the TTC in the morning and I have read of many being successful using this option too.

Plus they often have buses running from the TTC in the morning and I have read of many being successful using this option too.

It's just so confusing right now and hard to know the best approach. I just read one post from Thursday last week where the poster got to the bus stop at Pop at 7:50am, was on a bus to MK by 8:20am and was at the tapstiles by 8:45am. If my experience were to be anything like this, I'd opt for the bus. It's those other posts that suggest getting in line for the bus 2 hours PPO that make me think I should drive to TTC, but then I get confused on what time I should get there in order to make rope drop. Like I said, I've never driven to the parks before so don't know the lay of the land at TTC well enough to be confident in that approach. What would you do?

It's just so confusing right now and hard to know the best approach. I just read one post from Thursday last week where the poster got to the bus stop at Pop at 7:50am, was on a bus to MK by 8:20am and was at the tapstiles by 8:45am. If my experience were to be anything like this, I'd opt for the bus. It's those other posts that suggest getting in line for the bus 2 hours PPO that make me think I should drive to TTC, but then I get confused on what time I should get there in order to make rope drop. Like I said, I've never driven to the parks before so don't know the lay of the land at TTC well enough to be confident in that approach. What would you do?
Since you’ve asked, if it were me I would take the bus from AoA. We have stayed at Pop more than 30 times and the buses have never failed us.

I think the key to rope dropping is your willingness to arrive early either at the bus stop (if it were me, 90 mins before park opening) or driving to the TTC. I really don’t think there is an easy way to sleep as late as possible and still rope drop without stress. I’d rather wait in a line 90 mins before rope drop and knock out numerous attractions at RD than wait and have a short line at the resort but then spend longer times in line waiting in attraction lines.

My comment in my first post is referring to the option of driving to the TTC and taking a bus from the TTC to MK. That is also an option I’ve heard works well right now.

our motto for Disney trips is to arrive at the parks as early as we can. We can always sleep after our trip! 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter