***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

My life... LOL.
So I have been having some pain in my side. Had some tests and my dr. Said I needed gall-bladder removal surgery. Luckily she said it could wait until after my trip. I was so worried it would be something that could cause me to have to cancel my trip. I think that is why I haven’t been into planning that much.

So dodged that bullet and I am getting into full planning mode for departure day when I get home today.

I am REALLY going to enjoy this trip. Between work life and life life, I need this so bad right now.

Just finishing up on planning last minute ADRs and I was wondering if anyone on here had the current price of the Ohana Dinner Buffet? I hear it changes seasonally. I have a ADR there for Oct 24 and may change ADR if price is too exorbitant. Thanks!

We debated taking our flu shots before or after Disney. We decided to wait. Last year my arm got really irritated and red (first time doing that) and I had a huge itchy welt for like a week and felt bad. I was worried if I had a reaction or something this year etc. So we decided to wait till after Disney and just try and avoid, avoid, avoid. I plan on breathing as little as I can on the plane :rotfl: Well not really, but sort of :thumbsup2
Wash wash wash your hands - making sure to wash between the fingers - unbelievable how many germs on surfaces- I always wipe down our trays and in flight entertainment control on flights too - I and DGS have low immune systems.

I made the mistake of looking at the forecast (still 16 days out) for our trip and it's lousy. Sigh. I'm trying to remind myself that it can and probably will change, but...

I'm already stressed because a new medication is making me feel lousy. The doc says the side effects should clear before our trip, but...

I'm full of "buts" today. :rotfl2:

Just finishing up on planning last minute ADRs and I was wondering if anyone on here had the current price of the Ohana Dinner Buffet? I hear it changes seasonally. I have a ADR there for Oct 24 and may change ADR if price is too exorbitant. Thanks!

It depends on what you personally consider exorbitant. For adults its roughly 45 a person including tax. I personally don't consider that too bad as a nice meal at a similar place on a weekend will cost that but without including soft drink and dessert. This thread shows all the AYCTE prices, updated regularly: https://www.disboards.com/threads/buffet-character-shows-aycte-pricing.3108466/

:earseek: 5 days to go!:eek: :faint: I picked up some ear planes and bonine today. I've never used bonine before but I've started getting queasy on bumpy roads so I figure it's worth a try. My dd is super excited she's completed all her advance classwork already :thumbsup2. I can't wait until Tuesday so I can finally tell the boys!

I made the mistake of looking at the forecast (still 16 days out) for our trip and it's lousy. Sigh. I'm trying to remind myself that it can and probably will change, but...

I'm already stressed because a new medication is making me feel lousy. The doc says the side effects should clear before our trip, but...

I'm full of "buts" today. :rotfl2:

You need to stop looking at a forecast that's 16 days out. There is no way anyone could possibly know - storm systems haven't even formed yet!

I don't look at forecasts any earlier than about five days out. With Florida weather you can't even count on a one day forecast. Just expect hot and rainy and you won't be disappointed. ;)

I don't look at forecasts any earlier than about five days out. With Florida weather you can't even count on a one day forecast. Just expect hot and rainy and you won't be disappointed. ;)

Seriously,it was supposed to rain all day and night last Thursday (10/5). Instead it rained all morning and was great in the evening, a bit cloudy at most.

I know, I know. I couldn't help myself.

I can deal with some rain. But I hope our Halloween party doesn't get washed out...and that the boys can swim...and that we get to see Illuminations and the Star Wars fireworks...

Well. You get the picture. :)

I haven't done any research on Food & Wine - what's good and what isn't so good. We have our favorites but it is always fun to find new ones.

Hawaii was a good one, the passion fruit cheesecake there was one of the best things I had and the pork slider was great. The spam hash was not very good though.

Another favorite was Hops & Barley, I had the lobster roll and the carrot cake.

The Le Cellier filet didn't live up to all the hype for me but the Passion Slush sure did, like I said I didn't get to try half of what I wanted but I did manage to go back for a second slush in France :D

1 more sleep til long car ride and 2 more til Disney!!!! I'm having trouble being really happy about it though because my back problems have resurfaced. Guess it's good I ordered a scooter. I'm hoping that once I'm checked in and relaxed, my back will magically feel better. If it doesn't, I am going to have the best time I can, in spite of it! ( I may have to skip FoP though....)

Hawaii was a good one, the passion fruit cheesecake there was one of the best things I had and the pork slider was great. The spam hash was not very good though.
I checked the menu last night and saw the cheesecake. I'm glad that you liked it since DH is a big cheesecake fan and we might try it. We plan to have some pork sliders, too.

DH also likes carrot cake, so I'm glad to hear a good review for that one.

he Le Cellier filet didn't live up to all the hype for me but the Passion Slush sure did
I think DH will have the filet no matter what the reviews are. ;) The Passion slush looks good. I'll have to check it out. :)

1 more sleep til long car ride and 2 more til Disney!!!! I'm having trouble being really happy about it though because my back problems have resurfaced. Guess it's good I ordered a scooter. I'm hoping that once I'm checked in and relaxed, my back will magically feel better. If it doesn't, I am going to have the best time I can, in spite of it! ( I may have to skip FoP though....)
I hope your back gets better. My son-in-law had to cancel out of their Disney trip. :(

It's Friday!!!

Let's let all of our stress just slip away...:drinking1

Good thoughts for everyone dealing with illness - their own or a family member, job stress, life stress, any kind of stress!

I hope we are all able to relax and enjoy the heck out of our vacations!!! :)

My life... LOL.
So I have been having some pain in my side. Had some tests and my dr. Said I needed gall-bladder removal surgery. Luckily she said it could wait until after my trip. I was so worried it would be something that could cause me to have to cancel my trip. I think that is why I haven’t been into planning that much.

So dodged that bullet and I am getting into full planning mode for departure day when I get home today.

I am REALLY going to enjoy this trip. Between work life and life life, I need this so bad right now.

Take it from one who knows only too well - be very cautious of greasy, fatty or rich foods! They can bring on a full blown gall bladder attack. I know that will be hard in WDW, but better to be safe than end up in the hospital. Sending healthy thoughts your way for your trip.

I wasn't stressed out until Disney decided to allow dogs at four resorts and one of them is POR where we are staying. :(

I held my breath when I clicked on the article saying, please don't be BW. I am hoping for you that the dog area will be separate from the other parts of the hotel. I guess we now have a new room request category for those 4 hotels- far away from the dogs! Don't get me wrong, dogs are nice and I understand how people like to bring them on vacation, but it doesn't seem like a good fit for WDW. They will be in the rooms all day alone. Personally, I have allergies and asthma and would not want to stay in a room where a pet has been. I would also not want to hear barking on my vacation. If they were going to offer this, I think it would have made sense to just do one location- Ft. Wilderness, perhaps. I'd be interested in knowing if you call and ask to be far from the dogs if they will honor that. I'd say I was allergic, even if I wasn't!

I held my breath when I clicked on the article saying, please don't be BW. I am hoping for you that the dog area will be separate from the other parts of the hotel. I guess we now have a new room request category for those 4 hotels- far away from the dogs!
I probably should have said that the four dog friendly test resorts are the Yacht Club, Port Orleans-Riverside, the Fort Wilderness cabins and Art of Animation. The test is supposed to run for one year. There is conflicting information as to whether certain rooms or areas will be designated dog areas or if dogs will be allowed in any resort room at the test resorts. There is a very busy discussion thread on the Resort forum that is discussing the new dog policy.

I probably should have said that the four dog friendly test resorts are the Yacht Club, Port Orleans-Riverside, the Fort Wilderness cabins and Art of Animation. The test is supposed to run for one year. There is conflicting information as to whether certain rooms or areas will be designated dog areas or if dogs will be allowed in any resort room at the test resorts. There is a very busy discussion thread on the Resort forum that is discussing the new dog policy.
I'm hoping it'll only be in certain rooms. Hopefully there will be more specifics soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter