***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

A random question: Did they use mayonnaise in the lobster roll? I love lobster, but can't do mayonnaise, and I'd love to try it. :)
They had what looking like a mayo based sauce in a squeeze bottle that went on the roll before the lobster. It was really good, tasted more like a herb butter to me. But seems easy enough to request it without.

Does anyone have any "must pack" items that might be commonly overlooked?
I like to bring dish washing soap to wash out refillable bottles and swimming suites. I bring clothespins for hanging wet suits on the clothesline. They dry much better that way. I bring a small portable clock because they don't have clocks in the room anymore. I've brought extra hangers although I've heard that housekeeping will bring extras if you call them. I bring a small flashlight so that I can find things in the dark, like the bathroom. ;) I also bring refillable water bottles for the filtered water from the beverage dispenser. I also bring a couple of detergent cubes in case I have to do laundry.

6 more sleeps for us!! Whoo hoo!! Making my packing list and going to start slowly filling some suitcases tomorrow.

Does anyone have any "must pack" items that might be commonly overlooked?
Nightlight
Clothes pins for hanging wet swimsuits
Small scissors for cutting up the moleskin

2 days left, the stomach butterflies are very real. Going to get packed up this afternoon and wash my cats :sad2: so they're fresh and clean for boarding. This is the first time most of them have been boarded and I'm nervous!

We are boarding our two cats with our vet. 10 nights!!! They stayed last year for 5 nights and were fine.

I keep telling myself how much attention they will get, everyone there loves them, they are sharing a huge kennel, they will be in the best place in case something happens...I still keep getting weepy! :)

2 days left, the stomach butterflies are very real. Going to get packed up this afternoon and wash my cats :sad2: so they're fresh and clean for boarding. This is the first time most of them have been boarded and I'm nervous!
When do you fly Lindsay- apologies if I asked you already! We fly Thursday morning - transport booked bit 6.25 am my butterflies are mostly about
1) leaving my mum still in hospital
2) my lovely friend who is looking after our puppy - her elderly mum is very unwell but her husband says they still want to have Louie to keep their dig company
3) thar our airport transport won't turn up!

We are boarding our two cats with our vet. 10 nights!!! They stayed last year for 5 nights and were fine.

I keep telling myself how much attention they will get, everyone there loves them, they are sharing a huge kennel, they will be in the best place in case something happens...I still keep getting weepy! :)

My oldest 2 usually stay with my sister and I'm worried how they're going to handle it. But it's only a week and I know they'e in good hands. I'm just going to miss them so much!

When do you fly Lindsay- apologies if I asked you already! We fly Thursday morning - transport booked bit 6.25 am my butterflies are mostly about
1) leaving my mum still in hospital
2) my lovely friend who is looking after our puppy - her elderly mum is very unwell but her husband says they still want to have Louie to keep their dig company
3) thar our airport transport won't turn up!

We fly out on Wednesday morning, we ended up adding a night since the flight prices much cheaper. I hope your mom improves, I know how stressful it is when parents are in the hospital. I'm really nervous about the flights getting where they're going on time. We have a short layover and I don't want to miss my connection. Other than that it's nervous excitement, we haven't been on vacation in a few years due to work and this is a huge deal for us. I just want everyone to have a great time!

I just snagged a better time for my Ohana dinner! Ours was originally too late for our little kiddos, especially on our travel day and especially with "Ohana time" being that you're seated usually 30 minutes after the ADR time. Of course this means our flight will probably get delayed...fingers crossed JetBlue gets their act together and the weather cooperates too! I had this weird dream that there was a freak October snowstorm for Florida in the forecast. You know when the Disney travel nightmares start that you're getting close, LOL.

It's so weird, most people's trips will be over with before I even start mine.

If I don't "talk" to you all before you leave for trips or are already back and gone from the thread, it's been such a fun way to pass the time waiting for this trip! I loved hosting the thread, reading about all of the planning and seeing your trips happen!

We don't plan on going back until 2021, so if any of you are around in 2020, look for me to start another October thread (or maybe May)! :rotfl:

Happy trips, happy life everyone!

:)

Last edited:
I just snagged a better time for my Ohana dinner! Ours was originally too late for our little kiddos, especially on our travel day and especially with "Ohana time" being that you're seated usually 30 minutes after the ADR time. Of course this means our flight will probably get delayed...fingers crossed JetBlue gets their act together and the weather cooperates too! I had this weird dream that there was a freak October snowstorm for Florida in the forecast. You know when the Disney travel nightmares start that you're getting close, LOL.
I think you're safe from that snowstorm....lol....temps are unusually high right now. It was summer hot these last few days, definitely not what we're used to in October!

It's so weird, most people's trips will be over with before I even start mine.

If I don't "talk" to you all before you leave for trips or are already back and gone from the thread, it's been such a fun way to pass the time waiting for this trip! I loved hosting the thread, reading about all of the planning and seeing your trips happen!

We don't plan on going back until 2021, so if any of you are around in 2020, look for me to start another October thread (or maybe May)! :rotfl:

Happy trips, happy life everyone!

Andrea :)
Our vaca starts after yours but I've enjoyed everyone's thoughts and concerns and ideas too. We are almost at single digits now and the stomach butterflies are starting to show up. Anyway, thanks for starting up this thread, it has certainly helped the time go by!

Twelve days! Getting nervous about little things. Remembering our MagicBands, setting up my email message at work, etc. :) Suitcases out and getting things around. SO many lists!

I see warnings about it getting down to the 60s in the evening and that's still shorts weather for us. It was 40 when I got up today! Starting to get frost warnings.

Twelve days! Getting nervous about little things. Remembering our MagicBands, setting up my email message at work, etc. :) Suitcases out and getting things around. SO many lists!

I see warnings about it getting down to the 60s in the evening and that's still shorts weather for us. It was 40 when I got up today! Starting to get frost warnings.
Haha, I know! The 60 degree warnings cracked me up! I live in Michigan, so we'll be juuuuuuust fine with 60 degrees. ;) We will definitely pack jackets for those nights, though!

We have 8 days to go. We declined MagicBands, since we have four sets of the new bands already, ;) so I ordered vinyl MagicBand covers and applied them to my bands last night. Two of them look great. :)

I haven't checked the weather yet. It is still too early for us. But we will be packing this weekend so I'll check it out then.

It is starting to get real. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter