***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Is it possible to have a 5:15 ADR at Boma to make it back to AKL for RoL? I know they are close together, but not sure of timing-since Boma is a buffet.

Is it possible to have a 5:15 ADR at Boma to make it back to AKL for RoL? I know they are close together, but not sure of timing-since Boma is a buffet.
We've had dinner at Boma twice in the last few months and both times it took at least 1 1/2 hours from the time we got to the restaurant until the time we were able to leave.

130 days....I haven't been able to do much planning since initial dining reservations. But it went from 180 days to 130 days really quick!! That means fast-passes are just around the corner. Now I am debating the Halloween Party!! That was my like my second reason, behind my birthday, for booking when I did.
I guess I really need to focus on my somewhat final plans.

130 days....I haven't been able to do much planning since initial dining reservations. But it went from 180 days to 130 days really quick!! That means fast-passes are just around the corner. Now I am debating the Halloween Party!! That was my like my second reason, behind my birthday, for booking when I did.
I guess I really need to focus on my somewhat final plans.
August will be here before we know it! Maybe I will have my resort booked by then :lmao:

Aren't you nervous what you want will be booked up soon? I'd be going crazy. :scared1:
I have been watching, and the room still seems to be open. I think the size and price of the GF keeps some of its rooms open later. I considered booking one rack rate, but I figure that's one less room in inventory for a possible discount. We shall see o_O

Lucky, it was dark on our last trip becuase of the construction. I think that they have blue bayou dining packages for it too. Enjoy it for me!

I don't see those out yet. We did that when Fantasmic! left. (Lived in SoCal up till last year). We have reservations for Blue Bayou the weekend we are out, so I hope they bring that package back.

Ended up adding in ROL for our next trip! I must be mad! :crazy: Had to move Jiko to 9:55 PM.:idea: Just wait until DH hears about that! :duck: He hates eating late! If this show were nightly in October this would have been a no-brainer.:rolleyes2

Where are you finding the show times for RoL?
I just checked MDE and the park hours for AK for my week have changed since yesterday. Some nights close at 7:30 and some at 7:00, but Monday the 16th they are closing at 6 pm! Does anyone have any idea why? I have a 5pm ADR at Yak and Yeti and had been planning to see Pandora at night, but the sun will still be up at 6 pm! :) Anyhow, I am not going to eat dinner there and then not have the park open afterwards. None of my dinner plans are set in stone ( or even planned yet!) except for BoG on our last night. It just seems strange that they would close so early. Any thoughts?

Where are you finding the show times for RoL?
I just checked MDE and the park hours for AK for my week have changed since yesterday. Some nights close at 7:30 and some at 7:00, but Monday the 16th they are closing at 6 pm! Does anyone have any idea why? I have a 5pm ADR at Yak and Yeti and had been planning to see Pandora at night, but the sun will still be up at 6 pm! :) Anyhow, I am not going to eat dinner there and then not have the park open afterwards. None of my dinner plans are set in stone ( or even planned yet!) except for BoG on our last night. It just seems strange that they would close so early. Any thoughts?

Check the Activities on the Disney website and find ROL. You should see the calendar on the ROL page.

Farro- hope you are feeling happier. Sometimes reading and hearing too much negativity can get me down and I have to step back and reconnect with whatever brings me joy, like Disney planning and connecting with other planners!
I remember on one trip hearing a guest complaining to a CM in a gift shop at the Polynesian about the rain. It was summer in Florida, what did she expect?! And what was the CM supposed to do about it?
We have been there in the spring, summer, and Christmas week and the crowds don't bother us. If one park seems more crowded than we expected, we park hop. Or we go back to the hotel for a swim. I am not going to let anything get in the way of the happiness I feel just by being there. It's a choice and I choose to enjoy myself. :)

Our first day at Disney we won't be going to a park, and I'm trying to decide where we should do a dining reservation. I'd like something to get our daughter into the Disney spirit (she'll be 3.5). Ohana would be my # 1 choice, and I have alerts for it setup but nothing available yet. Right now I have Whispering Canyon, but was wondering if anyone has any other/better suggestions?

Our first day at Disney we won't be going to a park, and I'm trying to decide where we should do a dining reservation. I'd like something to get our daughter into the Disney spirit (she'll be 3.5). Ohana would be my # 1 choice, and I have alerts for it setup but nothing available yet. Right now I have Whispering Canyon, but was wondering if anyone has any other/better suggestions?
If you are interested in a Character meal there is Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare both close to the Poly and at monorail resorts. I ate at Whispering Canyon years ago with two children 10 and 14 and they loved the food and the games, but there are no characters. With a character meal you can introduce her to them to make sure she isn't afraid of them, and/or cross some off your list so you don't have to wait at the parks. The issue is just the quality of the food is sometimes not that great.

If you are interested in a Character meal there is Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare both close to the Poly and at monorail resorts. I ate at Whispering Canyon years ago with two children 10 and 14 and they loved the food and the games, but there are no characters. With a character meal you can introduce her to them to make sure she isn't afraid of them, and/or cross some off your list so you don't have to wait at the parks. The issue is just the quality of the food is sometimes not that great.

How is Chef Mickey for Dinner? She met them last year on our trip, and a couple times around our local town and absolutely loves them / has no fear - so no worries there.

I went ahead and swapping Whispering to Chef Mickey, not 100% sure I'll keep it, but it would be a lot better way to start our trip with the characters there.

I also have Chef Mickey booked for breakfast, but it really kind of messes with my plan a little bit so I'd rather knock it out another day

Last edited:
How is Chef Mickey for Dinner? She met them last year on our trip, and a couple times around our local town and absolutely loves them / has no fear - so no worries there.

I went ahead and swapping Whispering to Chef Mickey, not 100% sure I'll keep it, but it would be a lot better way to start our trip with the characters there.

I also have Chef Mickey booked for breakfast, but it really kind of messes with my plan a little bit so I'd rather knock it out another day
There is still plenty of time! I bet you will be able to find an 'Ohana before October if thats where you really want to dine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter