***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

How is Chef Mickey for Dinner? She met them last year on our trip, and a couple times around our local town and absolutely loves them / has no fear - so no worries there.

I went ahead and swapping Whispering to Chef Mickey, not 100% sure I'll keep it, but it would be a lot better way to start our trip with the characters there.

I also have Chef Mickey booked for breakfast, but it really kind of messes with my plan a little bit so I'd rather knock it out another day

I haven't eaten at Chef Mickey's for many years, but have heard the food is ok. Its draw is the Fab 5 and the monorail going overhead is a cool thing too. It should be a nice way to start your trip.

Thanks guys! Link is in first post everyone.
Also on that site you will find all the demonstrations, etc. It's a great site.

Thanks for keeping everything organized and easy to find! :thanks:

Neglecting October again...this poor trip. Was excited to see the full Eat to the Beat lineup, then laughed b/c Postmodern Jukebox will be there for some of my dates. We're seeing them in August when they open for Straight No Chaser, so I thought that was funny. They're not been a "must see" for me, so it figures they're everywhere and others I'd rather see are not! I doubt my mom is going to care about any of the acts, so I'm not sure if we'll make time for them.

114 days away...I really do need to figure out some fast pass plans...my mom gets motion sick pretty easily and even though she's planning to take some meds for that or bring sea bands, I want to be considerate of her. I think I can talk her onto Seven Dwarfs but nothing any wilder, LOL!! I have no idea how Soarin' will be for her, and I'm really on the fence about Flight of Passage. That's the hardest, with no real reference!

Also still haven't booked airfare or added the extra night's room (we're leaving a day earlier than booked b/c of flight availability)...I thought I was slacking b/c of May's trip, but now I have no more excuses!

Neglecting October again...this poor trip. Was excited to see the full Eat to the Beat lineup, then laughed b/c Postmodern Jukebox will be there for some of my dates. We're seeing them in August when they open for Straight No Chaser, so I thought that was funny. They're not been a "must see" for me, so it figures they're everywhere and others I'd rather see are not! I doubt my mom is going to care about any of the acts, so I'm not sure if we'll make time for them.

114 days away...I really do need to figure out some fast pass plans...my mom gets motion sick pretty easily and even though she's planning to take some meds for that or bring sea bands, I want to be considerate of her. I think I can talk her onto Seven Dwarfs but nothing any wilder, LOL!! I have no idea how Soarin' will be for her, and I'm really on the fence about Flight of Passage. That's the hardest, with no real reference!

Also still haven't booked airfare or added the extra night's room (we're leaving a day earlier than booked b/c of flight availability)...I thought I was slacking b/c of May's trip, but now I have no more excuses!

Don't know what kind of motion-sickness sensitivity your mom has, but my mom has vertigo. She can't do spinners like the Teacups or anything with backwards motion, like EE, RnR, or FEA. But she was totally fine on SDMT and rode Soarin' twice. Haven't done FoP yet so can't judge that.

Don't know what kind of motion-sickness sensitivity your mom has, but my mom has vertigo. She can't do spinners like the Teacups or anything with backwards motion, like EE, RnR, or FEA. But she was totally fine on SDMT and rode Soarin' twice. Haven't done FoP yet so can't judge that.
FOP's movement is similar to Soarin. It's very smooth. I can't do Tea Cups and sometimes Star Tours does me in, but I was completely fine on FOP.

Can someone please explain to me how the concert part of the F&W works? Like is it a seperate ticket, or ?? I have no idea having never been before, and now I see someone I wouldn't mind seeing in the line up for when I am there, I need to know how it all works!

Can someone please explain to me how the concert part of the F&W works? Like is it a seperate ticket, or ?? I have no idea having never been before, and now I see someone I wouldn't mind seeing in the line up for when I am there, I need to know how it all works!
It's held in the big open air theater in front of the American pavilion. When we were there a few years ago, we just walked in and sat down... we easily found seats and just sat in them. There are no tickets...and for the show we went to, there wasn't a huge line up.

Also, you can just hear the concert from pretty much everywhere in the World Showcase.

I swear, every time we walked through Epcot we heard that stupid song from Shrek! I can't remember the band....Smashmouth!!!

Is there a place that lists the time? and it is just one show a night? Thanks for all your help.

Is there a place that lists the time? and it is just one show a night? Thanks for all your help.

There are a few links in the first post under the Food/Wine section. Those are your best sites for the latest news! Even includes a link to the thread on the restaurants board. Those guys are experts on food/wine. :)

Have fun browsing!

Okay! I just called Disney and had my resort request over the phone match my request on Touring Plans. And I will request nothing when I do online check in.

I've done all I can do, it's out of my hands now! :rotfl:

in recent days, I've discovered that Wyndham's Bonnet Creek at Disney World is completely booked for October. I have two 4 bedroom suites and had wanted to adjust my reservation (split one of the suites into two smaller, one for the older adults and one for the younger adults.) When I called Wyndham, they said they no longer had any unbooked inventory. My two Platinum accounts usually grants access to a small 'stash' of rooms, even this inventory was booked.

Oh Well! I didn't want the young ones catch us playing the floor is lava.

Does the rearranging ever end? I ended up switching around my Jiko dinner reservation in order to do ROL. Wait until the hubby sees that late dinner time!:duck: I also recently received a TP alert for Ohana @ 5:25P on Halloween night so I grabbed it. I originally had SWGS planned for that evening and now I have to make another decision on whether to keep the FEA dessert party on 10/30 because if I do Ohana on 10/31 then I have to switch SWGS to 10/30. Absolutely :crazy:! Does anyone think Ohana is worth it? I've never done it so I'm curious what others think. If I cancel FEA DP maybe I can do the HEA DP instead, if it ever becomes available!

Does the rearranging ever end? I ended up switching around my Jiko dinner reservation in order to do ROL. Wait until the hubby sees that late dinner time!:duck: I also recently received a TP alert for Ohana @ 5:25P on Halloween night so I grabbed it. I originally had SWGS planned for that evening and now I have to make another decision on whether to keep the FEA dessert party on 10/30 because if I do Ohana on 10/31 then I have to switch SWGS to 10/30. Absolutely :crazy:! Does anyone think Ohana is worth it? I've never done it so I'm curious what others think. If I cancel FEA DP maybe I can do the HEA DP instead, if it ever becomes available!
I hear you! And once you FINALLY get everything arranged for what seems to be the millionth time, Disney will throw you a curve ball and either replace something with something else, switch hours around, or close something. The fun never stops!

Last year, we went right after Thanksgiving, and had planned our trip for almost a year. Perfect resort with our location requests, all the ADRs, all the FPs timed just the way we wanted them. I had everything just right, and was only waiting for them to release the Star Wars Dessert Party. Then WHAM - Jingle Bells, Jingle Bam replaced the SW party without hardly any warning. We were really bummed! Based on the description, we really had no interest in it, but after hearing some reviews, we decided to give it a try anyway. Well, I can tell you we loved the party itself - food, location, beverages. But the show - eh, not so much.

Moral of the story - don't count on "that one thing you REALLY REALLY want to do" so much that when it doesn't materialize, it can leave a huge hole in your plans!
Somehow we managed to have a pretty darned good time anyway, but I'm still a bit bitter - does it show? :rotfl2:

Currently debating whether or not I'll end up doing MNSSHP. I'd be going solo (Parents have already done it on a prior trip and aren't interested in a second time) and I'd love to see the parade and Jack. Just not sure it's worth over $100 extra when I could save that for other experiences while there.

Thoughts?

I hear you! And once you FINALLY get everything arranged for what seems to be the millionth time, Disney will throw you a curve ball and either replace something with something else, switch hours around, or close something. The fun never stops!

Last year, we went right after Thanksgiving, and had planned our trip for almost a year. Perfect resort with our location requests, all the ADRs, all the FPs timed just the way we wanted them. I had everything just right, and was only waiting for them to release the Star Wars Dessert Party. Then WHAM - Jingle Bells, Jingle Bam replaced the SW party without hardly any warning. We were really bummed! Based on the description, we really had no interest in it, but after hearing some reviews, we decided to give it a try anyway. Well, I can tell you we loved the party itself - food, location, beverages. But the show - eh, not so much.

Moral of the story - don't count on "that one thing you REALLY REALLY want to do" so much that when it doesn't materialize, it can leave a huge hole in your plans!
Somehow we managed to have a pretty darned good time anyway, but I'm still a bit bitter - does it show? :rotfl2:

:laughing: Same exact situation with us! I waited so long for that SWGS dessert party and fireworks and then JBJB shows up. You're right party was great but show was not good. Very disappointing! It amazes me that a holiday show could be so boring. Where the heck were the fireworks? I think there were a couple and that was it! No, I feel the same way. It's BITTER party of 1! IMO, Jingle Bell Jingle Bum goes down as the worst event I've ever done at WDW!

Last edited:
If I pay off my trip (Oct 8-14) now and Disney releases late fall discounts, have I missed out or will they reimburse me in some way?
Any input is appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!