Hey screeching frogs, are you calling Tiana or just irritating us! Complete! New TR link 12/2!

Day 8. 3 Parks ToDay with many character meets!
FB5C8B86-15E8-43ED-8863-9D70E47B5160.jpeg

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone had a wonderful week, as you can see from the picture above in my last post, we literally went from 60 degree weather to 30 with snow overnight! Ugh! It looks cold for the next seven days as well so we have jumped into winter already!

So, this is an awesome time, to cont. my TR! Remembering, the hot, humid days of Florida in late August.

Today was our 8th day at WDW, we originally were going to go to Epcot in the a.m., however, we switched things up and headed back to MK this morning!

I had a breakfast of champions, lol, a delicious cream cheese danish and coffee before we jumped on the monorail. It was a quick ride to MK, we arrived around 8:40 and before you know it we were walking down a beautiful Mainstreet U.S.A. We decided to hop in line for Talking Mickey right away.

We had a wonderful visit with Mickey, he was so sweet, as you can see by our expressions we were excited to visit with him.
EA4BF4EC-8BE9-407E-AEAE-37A20367BE7A.jpeg 8D241B56-926E-4B68-A660-94A8C4D2C269.jpeg

We decided to hop on the wonderful steam engine train and head to Frontier Land, our first FP was for BTMRR, our ride through the wild wilderness was so much fun. I giggle uncontrollably on this ride, it just makes me laugh as we whip around the old west! We could tell it was going to be more crowded today, this was the Saturday before Labor Day.

PoTC was already pretty busy so we decided to skip for now, we walked to Tomorrow Land to enjoy a few favorites, PM of course and CoP. Andi noticed a new note on the cork board in the last scene of CoP and she thinks it means an update to this scene. She has an eagle eye, I didn’t notice anything. The note said something like changes are needed. Has anyone else noticed this note?? Well, we all know an update is really needed for that scene, especially when the daughter says “you didn’t even have a car phone”, who says that now, lol! I certainly remember when it was called a car phone but is sounds so silly now.
5699E43A-8F95-4C0B-B38D-E9C32DE68067.jpeg

The next FP was for Space Mountain so Andi headed to ride and I looked around the gift shop and people watched. There sure are all types at Disney, I can’t believe some of the behaviors you witness there, especially wild kids and absolutely no parental control, lol!

Andi had a wonderful time on the old jerky Space Mountain, the FP line was fairly long so she opted to skip using my band to go again.
5C73B291-632E-40EA-9673-5E3C41BBAC34.jpeg

We took the short cut through the smoking area to the Big top area, I am still trying to picture Tron back here. I think this is where it is going. We went to check on the pretty ladies in the Big Top aka, Daisy and Minnie. We had a nice visit with them. They both were very nice and lady like!
A7C0E466-44EC-45EF-9F2F-FC9EF29B0CD6.jpeg 1D69BE17-6F19-4DE0-8CF4-18F4FDC4418C.jpeg

Don’t you just loves the smells in the Big Top shop, I gravitate there so many times on a trip, mainly for the awesome smells and details in the shop! Once we looked around and had our fill of the delicious aroma, we headed towards Mainstreet to have a lunch at Casey’s. We try to eat at Casey’s at least once a trip. Today we decided to share the corn dog nuggets and French fries. We were able to order the plastic cheese as a side now, it was $1.00. We enjoyed our food watching some of the Trolley show!
223AE000-ECC4-4C3A-8868-8F8E4BA3C43E.jpeg

Our last FP was to meet Rapunzel and Tiana so into Fantasy Land, Tiana was so fun to talk with, Rapunzel was not to exciting today, basically hi, picture, bye.

826E6833-77C8-4B1F-9E39-6577A94BAA79.jpeg A44F3183-C543-47FA-80CC-23ABFE1CCEF4.jpeg

We decided to hop on the train again and head to Mainstreet. I had read on Kenny the Pirate’s app that Snow White meets with Grumpy on Saturdays at the town square area to the right of the train station so we headed there, however she was by herself and it was getting really crowded so we skipped the meet and headed out back to the Poly for a relaxing afternoon. I was able to score a 4th FP for TSMM at HS around 5pm so we would head there later.

Once again we had a wonderful morning in the MK!

Stay tuned for a fun evening in HS and Epcot!

Check out our awesome picture of us looking at the Banshee lol! He was hiding on us! Our magic shot didn’t work, oh well.
lol, it just leaves us all wondering what the heck you're looking at!

The FP CM was distracted and of course two teen girls jumped in front of Andi and I and headed in the FP line ugh! We got up to the second CM and they didn’t have a FP but he gave up quickly arguing with them and let them through!
I would have had a cow and been vocal here, and Steve would have told me to be quiet :rolleyes: I know this stuff happens but it ANNOYS the CRAP out of me!
We were about 3/4 the way through and all went black and it stopped! Yikes, it is a little scary when this happens and you are able to look around and see how high up you are on the ride vehicle.
Wow I wouldn't have even thought about the fact that you're up high on that!

The octopus was cooked perfectly, it was not rubbery at all and the saffron aioli and lemon caper olive oil was a perfect compliment on here.
Steve had the octopus on our one visit there and loved it. I want to go back so bad, but we can't fit it in this trip and our next trip is with the kids, and sadly I don't think they'd like anything. Even from the kids menu :(

Andi went with South American Chocolate Ganache, this had carmelized banana and cocoa nib tuile.
That's what I had - heavenly :cloud9:

I wanted to show you all what we had to deal with today! Snow already in October, this really stinks! Oh well it makes me so excited to be heading to Disney World in a little over 3 weeks!
AHHH! I love the snow but I'm not ready yet, it's still fall! This was actually our first week with temps out of the 70's which is rare for lat Oct. Finally in the 50's during the day and 30's at night. You keep that snow for another month, ok ;)

Andi noticed a new note on the cork board in the last scene of CoP and she thinks it means an update to this scene. She has an eagle eye, I didn’t notice anything. The note said something like changes are needed.
I don't know that I've ever looked close enough at the cork board in that scene, even though I try looking at all the details. I've certainly ridden it enough! But now if we ride next week I'm going to make it a point to look. I agree, that scene could use some updating and I would love to see that.

Oh well, I guess being sneaky pays off sometimes.
Some people

I decided on the Grilled Octopus for my starter
I drool over this anytime someone posts a pics or talks about it.

to top it off I was so flustered I left my fresh popcorn refill on the monorail!!!
That stinks

I was bummed we missed AK at night but it would not have been fun in the rain!
I would be bummed too. Hope it works out in November.

YUCK SNOW already.

We decided to wait at the exit area to have a proper meet up with Dana and her family.
Lovely picture of you two!

We did stop and watch the Trolley show and bought some popcorn at the cart close to MK entrance with our refillable popcorn bucket. Unfortunately, the popcorn was stale ugh! It must have been left over from the night before, not cool popcorn guy! Lol!
Ugh! Nothing worse than stale popcorn. Although you did have the fun of watching the trolley show, always one of my faves!

We took the boat back to the Poly and it was a nice relaxing ride. We went to Captain Cook's to order the Tonga Toast breakfast. We shared, it came with bacon. It was really good, however at the QS you don't get the Strawberry Compote with it. It is served with maple syrup. After enjoying the breakfast, we headed to the room for a little rest and our room was already clean! Thanks awesome mouse keepers! We put our feet up for a siesta! We had a quick morning in MK but really enjoyed it.
Tonga Toast...mmm! You did well with Captain Cooks this trip!

We didn’t wait very long at all this time and we were in the first pre show matching up with our Avatar. I do like all the imagination and story in the pre show room, however, I think it could be shorter! I did notice this time it was shorter! We didn’t have to shake all the bugs off of us, so they must have a shorter version when it is not quite as crowded, smart Disney!
Interesting!

I decided on the Grilled Octopus for my starter and Andi chose the bread service.
Both look great but I'd probably go with the bread service too.

On to dessert, know I love the Dining reports on here so I heard about some of the awesome desserts! There were only a few we could choice to share because of Andi’s peanut allergy. I went with the Calamansi Mousse, this had Mango lava, and Swiss Meringue. This was a complex little dessert, so many delicious flavors, very enjoyable after a heavier entree. Andi went with South American Chocolate Ganache, this had carmelized banana and cocoa nib tuile. This was also very delicious and rich. Andi loved it and ate it all!
These look awesome!!!

So almost 2 hours after we left AK we were at the Poly, then to top it off I was so flustered I left my fresh popcorn refill on the monorail!!! So, take it from us, wait for your own resort bus, especially for a monorail resort! I was exhausted lol!
What an ordeal for you.

We took the monorail over to GF again and did some shopping and relaxing in the lobby!
We love washing our hands at Basin and checking out all the products!
Such a great resort to relax in and explore.

I wanted to show you all what we had to deal with today! Snow already in October, this really stinks! Oh well it makes me so excited to be heading to Disney World in a little over 3 weeks!
Dislike!!! We have had some cool temps this past week (high forties to low fifties) but thankfully no snow in southern Ontario yet.

We took the short cut through the smoking area to the Big top area, I am still trying to picture Tron back here. I think this is where it is going. We went to check on the pretty ladies in the Big Top aka, Daisy and Minnie. We had a nice visit with them. They both were very nice and lady like!
What an awesome M&G! Definitely putting this on my list for my next trip.

Andi noticed a new note on the cork board in the last scene of CoP and she thinks it means an update to this scene. She has an eagle eye, I didn’t notice anything. The note said something like changes are needed. Has anyone else noticed this note?? Well, we all know an update is really needed for that scene, especially when the daughter says “you didn’t even have a car phone”, who says that now, lol! I certainly remember when it was called a car phone but is sounds so silly now.
She does have an eagle eye! A little update would be a good thing for CoP.

We had a wonderful visit with Mickey, he was so sweet, as you can see by our expressions we were excited to visit with him.
This is fabulous!!!

We decided to hop on the train again and head to Mainstreet. I had read on Kenny the Pirate’s app that Snow White meets with Grumpy on Saturdays at the town square area to the right of the train station so we headed there, however she was by herself and it was getting really crowded so we skipped the meet and headed out back to the Poly for a relaxing afternoon. I was able to score a 4th FP for TSMM at HS around 5pm so we would head there later.

Once again we had a wonderful morning in the MK!
Love the ease of popping in and out of MK when you are at a monorail resort. Can't wait to read about your evening adventures!

The FP CM was distracted and of course two teen girls jumped in front of Andi and I and headed in the FP line ugh! We got up to the second CM and they didn’t have a FP but he gave up quickly arguing with them and let them through! Oh well, I guess being sneaky pays off sometimes.
That's so annoying! Especially when it's teens who knew they were breaking the rules.

We both decided on the most expensive item on the menu for our entree! Andi does like a filet at times so she thought the Wagyu Beef entree would be okay! The item had changed on the menu some, it was Wagyu strip loin with brisket instead of the braised short rib. The strip loin was absolutely melt in your mouth delicious! The brisket was just fair in my opinion, it was chewy and really smoky flavored so I didn’t eat much of that just the strip loin. The meal came with purple potatoes and rainbow carrots and a Chimichurri sauce (yummy). The sides were very good. The meal didn’t photograph the best because the meat blends with the plate some but here it is.
I think I'm going to eat here during my December 2018 trip and get that meal (or whatever form it's in then), so it's good to hear that you both liked it!

Andi went with South American Chocolate Ganache, this had carmelized banana and cocoa nib tuile. This was also very delicious and rich. Andi loved it and ate it all!
I'll probably get that dessert too!

We got to the Contemporary and the resort monorail was down, what!! So we walked to MK, had to go through security on the way ugh! We decided to pop in MK to fill our popcorn bucket, oh my, the poor CM was so slow and this took like 20 minutes! Refill in hand we finally get on the monorail to the Poly! So almost 2 hours after we left AK we were at the Poly, then to top it off I was so flustered I left my fresh popcorn refill on the monorail!!! So, take it from us, wait for your own resort bus, especially for a monorail resort! I was exhausted lol
Ugh! When we left the Halloween party my sister convinced me to take the Port Orleans Riverside bus since it was loading, rather than wait for the Port Orleans French Quarter bus. Of course it hit all 3 other stops before the main building. And by that time the internal bus had stopped running so we were going to need to walk (difficult after a tiring day)! Luckily there was a CM who had a golf cart and offered to drive us!

Snow already in October, this really stinks! Oh well it makes me so excited to be heading to Disney World in a little over 3 weeks!
Wow-snow! We had temps over 100 degrees this week!

How scary to have FoP break down while you were on it. Glad you were able to transfer to a working theater!

Oh no, what terrible transportation luck AND you forgot your popcorn!

I'm sorry you had to give up your night at AK :(

Fun morning at MK! And you sure are right, a lot of crazy behavior you witness in the parks!

Lots of great character photos!

Snow in OCTOBER!!!!!!! That is crazy. You most definitely need some good Florida weather
Oh my gosh it really stinks! Winter has come early to us. Have an awesome trip and enjoy F&W. I will be waiting to read your great dining reviews.

lol, it just leaves us all wondering what the heck you're looking at!

I would have had a cow and been vocal here, and Steve would have told me to be quiet :rolleyes: I know this stuff happens but it ANNOYS the CRAP out of me!

Wow I wouldn't have even thought about the fact that you're up high on that!

Steve had the octopus on our one visit there and loved it. I want to go back so bad, but we can't fit it in this trip and our next trip is with the kids, and sadly I don't think they'd like anything. Even from the kids menu :(

That's what I had - heavenly :cloud9:

AHHH! I love the snow but I'm not ready yet, it's still fall! This was actually our first week with temps out of the 70's which is rare for lat Oct. Finally in the 50's during the day and 30's at night. You keep that snow for another month, ok ;)
I thought it was rather funny with us just pointing at the sky lol

Those FP dodgers drive me crazy! I was also surprised how high up we were.

Tiffins was very delicious

It is snowing again as I write this, no getting away from it now at our house!

Have a great trip, enjoy F&W and your dis meets.

I don't know that I've ever looked close enough at the cork board in that scene, even though I try looking at all the details. I've certainly ridden it enough! But now if we ride next week I'm going to make it a point to look. I agree, that scene could use some updating and I would love to see that.
Take a look on the cork board and check the note out and see what you think. It really does need an update!

Some people

I drool over this anytime someone posts a pics or talks about it.

That stinks

I would be bummed too. Hope it works out in November.

YUCK SNOW already.

We saw so many FP dodgers this trip ugh!

Tiffins was so enjoyable, try it if you can

I was bummed about my popcorn being left behind

We hope to see RoL in November

Lovely picture of you two!

Ugh! Nothing worse than stale popcorn. Although you did have the fun of watching the trolley show, always one of my faves!

Tonga Toast...mmm! You did well with Captain Cooks this trip!

Interesting!

Both look great but I'd probably go with the bread service too.

These look awesome!!!

What an ordeal for you.

Such a great resort to relax in and explore.

Dislike!!! We have had some cool temps this past week (high forties to low fifties) but thankfully no snow in southern Ontario yet.

What an awesome M&G! Definitely putting this on my list for my next trip.

She does have an eagle eye! A little update would be a good thing for CoP.

This is fabulous!!!

Love the ease of popping in and out of MK when you are at a monorail resort. Can't wait to read about your evening adventures!
Thanks for reading and the compliments

I loved being at the Poly, the location was so convenient to MK and the other monorail resorts.

I was bummed about the stale popcorn and losing my bucket ugh

The trip back from AK was a bit of a nightmare

Tiffins was so good, I liked all 3 of my choices

Snow it happening as I write this again, no escaping winter now at my place yuck!!

That's so annoying! Especially when it's teens who knew they were breaking the rules.

I think I'm going to eat here during my December 2018 trip and get that meal (or whatever form it's in then), so it's good to hear that you both liked it!

I'll probably get that dessert too!

Ugh! When we left the Halloween party my sister convinced me to take the Port Orleans Riverside bus since it was loading, rather than wait for the Port Orleans French Quarter bus. Of course it hit all 3 other stops before the main building. And by that time the internal bus had stopped running so we were going to need to walk (difficult after a tiring day)! Luckily there was a CM who had a golf cart and offered to drive us!

Wow-snow! We had temps over 100 degrees this week!
Hi, Thanks for reading and commenting I really appreciate it.

We saw some FP dodgers more on this trip then past and especially in the new Pandora area.

I would definitely recommend Tiffins, I hope you get to try it, all of our food was delicious

We have been burned a few times with taking a different bus, you think we would learn our lesson lol!

Snow sucks this early, wow I wish we could even have half of your 100 degree temp! I am jealous of people who live in a warm place all year long. You are lucky!

How scary to have FoP break down while you were on it. Glad you were able to transfer to a working theater!

Oh no, what terrible transportation luck AND you forgot your popcorn!

I'm sorry you had to give up your night at AK :(

Fun morning at MK! And you sure are right, a lot of crazy behavior you witness in the parks!

Lots of great character photos!
Hi, sounds like you had a great trip!
FoP is really scary when you can look down yikes!
We really had bad transportation mojo that day, plus I lost my popcorn
I sure hope we can catch AK at night in November
We sure loved heading to MK each morning, so easy on the monorail

:scared1: NO! It's too early for winter!

Me, too! :thumbsup2

Sure sounds like it ::yes::
Way to early for winter yuck!

We do love Casey’s bonus now with the plastic cheese lol

We sure enjoyed our ability to jump over to MK in the mornings or evenings so easy from our resort!

Part 2 of Day 8, I am Groot and yummi and yum yum!

Hello Everyone ! I hope all is well with you! Unfortunately, it is snowing again here yuck! No escaping winter for me now. I am tucked under a nice warm blanket with snacks to eat so I will survive lol!

This is a good time to continue with our wonderful trip. When I left off, we were resting at the Poly. We have found taking a few hours off in the afternoon really works well for us.

We got on a bus to HS to use our fourth FP at TSMM. The bus parking had changed since we were there earlier in the week. You really noticed the construction, it was in the bus area.

We got into the park and headed towards the coolest 3-D arcade game ever!!! We love this attraction I mean really who doesn’t? Andi beat me of course, I usually get around the same score each time. I am hoping to break past my usual 130,000 one of these days. Andi usual gets around 180,000.
7FD1C6E6-5EA3-46D7-A5DB-08C0DC113359.jpeg

One Man’s Dream attraction is another favorite of ours, we went in and found out the Guardians of the Galaxy meet and greet was only 5 minutes wait so of course we jumped in line. We met Starlord and baby Groot. The meet was fun except I had not seen the new movie yet and Starlord was making reference to things I had no idea about. I just went with the flow and laughed. Baby Groot was so cute. I have since watched the new movie and really enjoyed it.
68B6837E-A2E0-4DD0-9760-DDC932E969BA.jpeg 6F30C2BC-9338-47DE-88A9-42DB881DCD6D.jpeg

It was time to take the friendship boat to Epcot after the meet. We had a nice relaxing ride to Epcot. It started to rain on our way over to Epcot. We used my umbrella and headed into the International gateway on our ay to Japan! We were having dinner at Teppan Edo tonight. Our first stop was the awesome Mitsokoshi store. We shopped around and I bought some really good peppermint candy, Hi-chews and fruit gummies. Everything was really good. I will be back in November for more candy. My son loved the gummi treats so I will pick some up for him.
54775035-2747-4F36-858B-28ED16B4E0F7.jpeg

It was time to check in for our ADR. We were seated quickly so this was nice. We shared our table with a family of three and two couples. Everyone was very nice. The boy in the family next to us spilled his entire glass of sprite, it came really close to landing in Andi’s lap. It missed her so that was good, the boy was really embarrassed. Andi ordered the shrimp tempura Roll and I ordered the chicken and shrimp entree.
E7AB551F-576C-4817-8097-C0F3DB457A4A.jpeg

Our chef came out and she was very nice and did a great job cooking our food. I believe her name was Yum Yum or maybe Yummi, either way there was a lot of yumminess at our table. We were very happy with our meal. The proteins were cooked perfectly, the chicken was very moist and the shrimp were not over done. The vegetables and udon noodles were so good with the yummy sauce. The meal was served with white rice. The food was so fresh and prepared so well. The sushi roll was also very good.
964FDD2D-AC6B-4B31-8A3A-0F94EA67FB41.jpeg 458330A5-233B-4B00-AE5B-C259DF7332E1.jpeg

We did not get dessert because we had somewhere to be. We headed to the front of the park to catch the monorail to MK. The rain had stopped during dinner so that was good.

Tonight, I was going to watch HEA in the park facing the castle!
We found a decent spot, in case you haven’t noticed from pictures, Andi and I are pretty short lol! So unless we are in the front most spots are somewhat difficult to see from. This spot was okay, I wasn’t able to see some of the full castle pictures but I did see most. There was a little girl next to us and she sang all the songs so loud and knew all the words so cute!

I love the Moana part so much. I do enjoy this night time spectacular but I do miss Wishes. I am embracing change since it is always happening. After the show we headed back to the Poly and we were ready for bed!

Another great day was in the books!

Food totals
Cream cheese danish=$3.90
Casey’s Corner=$10.11
Mitsokoshi =$13.07
Teppan Edo=$67.46

Stay tuned for Day 9 coming soon to an electronic device near you!!

What a fun time at DHS!

The store in the Japan pavilion is always so fun to explore! And so many yummy candies to choose from! I'm glad your dinner was a hit.

Ending the night with HEA sounds great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter