Hey screeching frogs, are you calling Tiana or just irritating us! Complete! New TR link 12/2!

disneyAndi14

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,

We are back from an awesome trip to WDW! We are a mother and daughter team, I did write a pre-trip report for this trip it is called Disney again yes please! I hope all will follow along on this amazing trip to the most magical place in earth!

This trip is full of fun filled days, wonderful food, beautiful lodging, great CM's, a MNSSHP, and graduation pictures of my daughter.

My name is Caroline and my daughter is Andi (17). This trip is to celebrate Andi's senior year! My baby started 12th grade today!

Andi and I have been traveling together on mother/daughter trips since she was 9 years old. We both have the Disney bug and love it there so much, we have increased our trips to 2-3x a year with AP's for the second year now.

This trip was for 9 nights at The Poly, we had a great deal and it made The Poly affordable for us. Spoiler alert WE LOVED IT!!

Caroline (me)
IMG_1215.JPG
Andi
IMG_1212.JPG
We loved walking over to the Grand Floridian in the evening, such a wonderful walk.

Please join in and re live our wonderful trip with us!

Coming up, Part 1, travel day and a Dis meet on the first day!!

Yay! I'm here and so excited because it was lovely to meet you and now I can't wait to read all about your adventures! :)

Hello
hi.gif

Oh can't wait to read all about your adventures around the world. 9 nt's at Poly WOW.

I remember your PTR. Without looking, it includes a picture of one or both of you standing near the red phone booth in WS. Am I right? There was something about the pictures, I think I liked her shoes, your shoes, a dress or something. Enough about me. Looking forward to the report.

**Edited to add looks like my recollection about the WS pic was incorrect. But I did remember all the cute clothes.

Last edited:
Joining in! I love would love to take a mother/daughter trip someday…of course, my son wouldn't be too happy!

Can't wait to read more :-)

I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about it. And Andi's Carousel of Progress shirt?! AMAZING! :thumbsup2

Yay glad you have started! Cannot wait to hear about this trip :)

Yippee! Glad to have you following along, I am so excited to relive this wonderful trip!

Yay! I'm here and so excited because it was lovely to meet you and now I can't wait to read all about your adventures! :)

Welcome! It was so nice to meet you, we had an awesome trip, so fun! Stay tuned.

Can't wait to hear about your trip! We got home Saturday night

Hi and welcome, I found your report to follow along on, so fun we were there around the same time, Inwish we could have met! It is so fun to meet fellow Diser's!

Hello
hi.gif

Oh can't wait to read all about your adventures around the world. 9 nt's at Poly WOW.

Hi and welcome!! The 9 nights was so wonderful, it has spoiled me now, anything less is going to be so short lol!

I remember your PTR. Without looking, it includes a picture of one or both of you standing near the red phone booth in WS. Am I right? There was something about the pictures, I think I liked her shoes, your shoes, a dress or something. Enough about me. Looking forward to the report.

**Edited to add looks like my recollection about the WS pic was incorrect. But I did remember all the cute clothes.

Ahh Thanks and welcome, Andi always finds the cutest and different shirts for our trips!

Joining in! I love would love to take a mother/daughter trip someday…of course, my son wouldn't be too happy!

Can't wait to read more :-)

Hi and welcome, my son is 23 and he has no desire to visit Disney until Star Wars land opens, then maybe?? The mom/daughter trips have meant sooo much to me. So many memories I have now with Andi before she heads off to college next year!

I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about it. And Andi's Carousel of Progress shirt?! AMAZING! :thumbsup2

Hi Tracy and welcome! We had such an awesome trip! I love that t-shirt as well, this is one of our favorite attractions!

Hey Caroline, I'm here! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Hi Ariane, so glad to have you reading, welcome! The trip was one of the best so far!

I am joining in! I can't wait to hear all about your trip. I hope one day that one day I can take my girls on girls only trips!

Hi and welcome, so glad to have you reading along! These trips with Andi have been so wonderful, I highly recommend! Those boys just get in the way lol!

Following along!

Yippee! Great to have you join in!

Hi Everyone,

I will get an update out tonight I hope. I unfortunately got a little cold on our last day of the trip so I have been feeling wiped out! I took ziacam and airborne like crazy the last few days and do feel better today so stay tuned!

:wave: 8/26/17. Day 1. Part 1, Is that the security line yikes!

Our trip started very early on Saturday, we stayed the night at my sister's house in the St. Paul area. My sister lives only 15 minutes from the airport. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 6:50a.m. So nice an early. We got to the airport by 5:30a.m. And the place was packed. I saw the security lines and was a little nervous!

Andi had TSA pre-screen so I gave her most of all the carry-on bags and I got in the long line. The line actual moved fairly quickly and I was at the gate by 6:10a.m. Andi was just hanging out waiting for me, our gate was really far from the security line.

We flew Delta and everything went really smooth, we left on time and of course my movie console was one of the only ones on the plane that didn't work, oh well I read Game of Thrones on my Kindle. My kids are sworn to silence since I just started the books. Both, have read the books and watched the series on HBO.

Before I knew it, we were preparing for our landing in Orlando, :yay:. We were on the ground just before 11:00am eastern time so this was awesome! We gathered our carry-on's and headed to the ME area. We rode the fake o rail to the main terminal and checked in with ME. We did have to wait about 15 minutes to get on a bus. Our bus was headed to Fort Wilderness first then Poly second.
IMG_1039.JPG
We were so excited! We had not received a text yet for our room, so when we arrived at the beautiful Poly, we checked our carry-on bags with bell service. The smell in the Poly is so awesome, I like it better than the BC. It just made you happy, loved it! We went up to the monorail area and had our bags checked, this was so easy and very few people around. We got on the monorail and headed into MK!!

Side note: I use an IPad for my reports and the only way I can get the pictures to work is to edit them to a square size on here and I am sorry the pictures are so huge looking. If I don't do it that way it says the pictures are to large! Ugh! :confused3
IMG_1143.JPG IMG_1145.JPG IMG_1205.JPG

We were on the monorail at 12:40 so not bad! It was hot and humid to us northerners. What a great feeling to see that beautiful castle and Mainstreet USA. We tried to get lunch at Columbia Harbor House but it was really busy so we opted for pretzels at The Lunching Pad. I tried the pepper jack cheese one and Andi had her favorite Plain Mickey pretzel. I enjoyed the new cheese one, however it was a bit much after about 1/2 of it. I think sharing this one would be a great plan.
IMG_1597.JPG IMG_1596.JPG

After the pretzels, lightbulb went on and I thought about mobile ordering, duh! Oh well maybe next time. We went on the People Mover of course, love this one! It was a busy afternoon so we soaked up the atmosphere for awhile.
IMG_1600.JPG IMG_1607.JPG
We stopped in to meet the #1 duck and that silly Goofy! We got the text for our room fairly early on but we decided to stay at MK and do our FP.
IMG_0984.JPG IMG_0985.JPG

Stay tuned for more great afternoon fun in MK!

Glad all your travel went smoothly!

How wonderful to be at the park by lunchtime! I'm sorry you didn't think of mobile ordering earlier, but pretzels are a great way to beat hunger :)

Love the selfies of you two and the character pics! Off to a great start!

Hi Caroline!
Loving the TR so far :) It was SO fun to meet the two of you---only a week ago today, that is crazy. So glad we got a chance to meet up!!! I'm happily following along here, can't wait for more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts