HH in August?

disney1474

DIS Veteran
At the 7 month window, what are my chances of getting a studio or 1 BR for the middle of the month? Anyone book for this coming August at the 7 month mark with any success??

Very slim. There are only 16 1BR/studios at HHI. Most of the villas are 2BR dedicated. You could WL but I wouldn't count on it coming through.

I just checked for a cash reservation for this August 11-17. All villa types are available for a cash reservation except a grand villa.

The one trip we've made to HHI so far, we stayed in a 1BR on a Disney VISA rate. That was for October though. I think summer would be way harder to get on points.

We are going this August, staying in a 1 BR and it was very difficult to get. I started out trying for a Sunday - Friday stay, but could be flexible on dates. A couple days before my 7month mark, Sun and Mon were already showing sold out. I kept bumping my arrival day by one and would be online a couple minutes before bookings opened for the day. Finally I was able to book a Friday arrival, but because Friday and Saturday were more points, I could only book 5 nights on points; we decided to arrive Thursday by booking the first night with cash. They said they will do what they can to keep us in the same unit for the cas night and the points. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

To be honest, it was really a pain and extremely frustrating. i didn't realize there were only 16! I feel fornuate that I was able to get the 1 BR for August. Not sure i want to go through that again. Hoping if we really like that DH will agree to getting a small contract at HHI so that we can go every 2 or 3 years and book at 11 month mark.

Oops, according to this board, there are 21 1BRs, not 16. But that's still not a great deal more. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter